December 12, 2016

November Haul 2016 (Makeup)

Hey guys, so I'm bringing to you yet another late haul! My life I swear has been so busy! This year is definitely the most busiest I've ever been! I have so much to work on that I kind have been pushing my blog to the side and I do apologize for that! This holidays I was originally supposed to go to India, but that sadly won't be happening anymore. So, I'll use that time to catch up on my posts! So ya, if there's anything that you want me to review or talk about, please let me know! I have quite a big haul for November. I did quite a bit of damage! As you guys know, the Sephora sale was going on and  I splurged a little! Also, there was so many new product releases! Like, it's insane! But ya, let's get into my haul!

My November Haul!


I picked up 2 products before the Sephora sale. I really wanted them and I was afraid that they were going to sell out, so I just went for it! The first product is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Ultimate Glow. The shades in this palette are absolutely gorgeous and you get a ton of product for the price! However, the formula is nothing like the original Glow Kits! In fact, the formula isn't the best! I tried really hard to make this palette work, but I'm just not a big fan of it! The highlighters are just really dry, which makes them hard to blend. There's also a lot of shimmer in them, which doesn't bother me, but since they're dry, there's quite a bit of fallout. The pigmentation is ok, they could have done better! I think I'll just be wearing these as eyeshadows, because when you wet your brush, they stand out and apply a lot better! I also picked up the Huda Beauty Textured Shadows Palette: Rose Gold Edition. This is another disappointment. I tried my best to love this palette. The formula is also off in this palette. The matte shades are dry and gritty. They don't blend that well! The shimmery and textured shades are stunning, but I have a hard time picking them up with my brushes. They best way to apply them is with your fingers, which doesn't bother me, but it's a lot harder to control where you  want to apply it. However, the pigmentation is really nice on these eyeshadows! I just don't think that the quality is worth the price! I was thinking about returning both these palettes, but you can work with  them. They just require a lot more time to blend and so on! However, both these palettes are gorgeous! I love the shade range in both these palettes, which is why I'm willing to make them work!

What are your thoughts on these palettes?


I was fortunate enough to get the Friends and Family sale coupon from a friend! So, I was able to shop before the sale actually started! You guys may already know this, but I have a ton of makeup! So, this year during the sale, I wanted to pick up skincare products! My skin hasn't been the best, so I really wanted to do something about it! I saw the Glamglow The Magic Box of Sexy. This retails for $329CAD, which is a lot of money, but if you break it down it's really not that bad! You get 6 full size masks (retails $79CAD each), 4 lip treatments (retails $30CAD each) and a brush! The value of this bundle is $560CAD, so for $329CAD, it's really not bad! Plus with the 20% discount, this set is a steal! This set comes with the YouthMUD, SuperMUD, GravityMUD, PowerMUD, ThirstyMUD, FlashMUD, Fizzy Lip Exfoliating Treatment, Wet Lip Balm Treatment, Matte Lip Treatment and the Gloss Lip Treatment. I've tried a few of the masks before I bought this set! My favorite mask is the GravityMUD, which I was going to repurchase during the sale anyways. I also tried samples of the YouthMUD and SuperMUD that I really enjoyed, so all these masks were already on my list! I'm happy that Glamglow has these kind of sets!

One of the best deals!


Also during the sale, I picked up the Ouai Style Edit Selection Set. This set comes with 3 deluxe size products; Wave Spray, Texturizing Hair Spray and Finishing Creme. It also comes with 6 hair ties, which I thought was really cute! If you been following my blog for awhile, then you know that I wasn't a huge fan of Ouai's Dry Shampoo. However, I wanted to try out their other products and I know a lot of bloggers rave about the products in this set, so we'll see how it goes! These are pretty big for deluxe size products, so the price is definitely worth it!

Great way to test out Ouai products!


I also grabbed the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo. Last year during the sale, I bought the smaller size to test it out and I fell in love with it! It's definitely the best dry shampoo that I've ever used! This stuff actually cleans and eliminates oil! It also gets rid of any odor or sweat! It also has a fresh scent, which I love! I highly recommend this product!

I know I'll always be repurchasing this!


I also picked up the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. I mean this is my holy grail and I just had to stock up on this! I only use this setting powder on my clients! I use it to bake and set makeup! I love everything about it and it's the best setting powder in the market! I also picked up the Ardency Inn Modster Eyeliner Trio. Every year I see this set and I never end up getting it, so I made sure that this year it was in my cart! I heard nothing, but good things about Ardency Inn Eyeliners! Apparently they're super pigmented and budge proof! A lot of people say that they're super long wearing, so I just had to give these a go! They normally retail $23CAD each, but this set for 3 eyeliners was $33CAD and I got 20% off that. So, it was quite a steal! It comes with the black, brown and gold shades!

Some more goodies!


After the sale was over, I saw this Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray Duo. Normally a setting spray costs $39CAD, but this duo was $48CAD!!! I'm so happy that I didn't purchase it individually during the sale! This duo was also available last year after the sale, but since I spent way too much money, I had to pass up on it! So, this year I set some money aside! I ended up picking up 2 duos, since this is yet another holy grail product! I also use it on every single client, so I figured it was the perfect opportunity to stock up! This duo sold out fast, so next year be sure to keep an eye out for this after the Vib sale!
Another great deal!! This Setting Spray is my holy grail!


Lastly from Sephora, I picked up the Pat Mcgrath Labs Metalmorphosis 005 Everything Kit. I mean I just couldn't pass up on this release! Pat Mcgrath relaunched the Gold 001, which was a huge success in the past and added on 3 other shades, which includes, Copper, Silver and Bronze. Each kit comes with a Pigment, Cream Shadow, Dual Ended Marker in Black and Mehron Mixing Liquid. Of course the Everything Kit comes with all the shades. I was going to only pick up only the Gold and Bronze Kits, but I just couldn't resist! I love Pat Mcgrath and I support her brand 100%! Her products are amazing quality! They're so different and unique! It's worth every penny! I already  played with the Bronze Pigment and Cream Shadow! I'm blown away by how amazing it wears and looks! It's super pigmented and long wearing! It's perfect for the holidays!

I'm beyond speechless when it comes to Pat Mcgrath Labs!


MAC released their new In The Spotlight collection, which consisted 4 new Extra Dimension Skinfinishes, which I obviously had to get! Again if you been following my blog, you know that this is my favorite highlighter formula, so I had to snatch all 4 shades! The shades are Soft Frost (white that reflects light purple), Beaming Blush (pink that reflects gold), Double Gleam (cream beige that reflects silver) and Show Gold (peachy gold that reflects pink). All the shades are equally stunning! I love how they reflect different colors! It gives you a break from your typical gold and champagne highlighters! These are super pigmented and long wearing! They also blend really nicely! They have shimmer to them, but it's not overpowering! In my opinion, this is MAC's best holiday release (excluding the upcoming Mariah Carey Collection!). I just didn't think the Nutcracker Collection was all that, minus the face palette with Whisper of Guilt!
This formula is everything!


I received 2 PR packages this month. The first one was from Wright Artistry. This is a brand based in Toronto that sells upscale products! I won't be going into too much detail about this brand or the products that they sent me, because I'll be reviewing them! They sent me their HD Pigment in Jet Set and their Lip Gloss in Supernatural! I'm creating a separate post for each product. The reviews should be up soon, so stay tuned for that! If you guys been wanting to purchase from them, then you can use the discount code "MakeupCheckSave10" to get 10% off your purchase!

I love trying new brands!


Kilimanjaro Health & Beauty also sent me a package with their Plush Comfortable Moisturizing Socks. I actually never knew these actually existed! They're spa socks that help keep your feet moisturized! My feet become super dry during the winter, so I'm super exited to see if these actually work! The review will be going up soon, so be on a lookout for that!

Such a unique product!


That concludes my November Haul! A lot of damage was done this month! December is probably going to be a big haul as well, because you know it's the holidays! I'm especially eyeing the new Mariah Carey and MAC collection! I'll have my favorites up soon, along with a few reviews, so be on a lookout for that! I hope you guys have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment