June 27, 2015

L'Oreal: Infallible Pro Matte Foundation Review

I feel like lately this foundation has been everywhere! The first time I heard about it was through Desi Perkins and I been curious since then. I was on a hunt for a really good drugstore foundation, because let's face it, who likes spending $50 on a foundation?! I can officially say that the hunt is over, because this foundation is just AMAZING! It's better than most high end foundations that I've used and it's my current go to foundation!

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation

First things first, the foundation comes in a black and clear tube. It's pretty light and super portable. I always get scared of foundations that come in a glass bottle, so I'm happy this one is just in a plastic tube. I also like how it's clear, because you can see the color of your shade. It comes with 30ml of product. I bought this when it was on sale, so I paid $14CAD, but normally I think it costs $20CAD (sorry I don't remember guys!). To some of you, the original price may seem like a lot for a drugstore foundation, but trust me the quality is worth every penny! You can purchase this at any drugstore that sells L'Oreal products.

Another look at the foundation


If you guys are curious, I got mine in the shade 107 Fresh Beige. It matches me perfectly! They have 12 shades in total, however they all have a yellow undertone to them.  I saw a lot of people complain that it's too yellow for them and personally, my shade has the right amount of yellow to it, so I love it for myself. With that being said, if you have pink undertones, then  none of the colors will suit you. Unless if you're fair, I believe the lightest shade has more beige/pink to it.

My shade 107 Fresh Beige

The back of the foundation actually has this cool chart that basically tells you what the foundation does. It has the finish, the duration, the coverage and texture. So if you know absolutely nothing about this foundation, you can get a rough idea of it.

The back of the tube


So now let's get into the details of this foundation. I've used this with and without a primer or setting spray to really see how it works. The texture of this foundation is liquid. I really like the consistency of it, because it blends into your skin really nicely! It feels really light on the face! It almost feels like you're not wearing a foundation, which is something I really like! In the beginning, I used my Tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush to apply this foundation. It buffs into my skin nicely, however I do have to buff it for several minutes to make sure it blends and sets nicely. I find with this foundation, it's better to use a stippling or packing motion! The coverage and finish is better! Therefore, even though I love my Tarte brush, I find it easier to use the M427 brush by Morphe to stipple or pack the foundation on. In terms of coverage, it's definitely medium, however you can build it up to full coverage! The finish is matte! I don't know why on the tube it says demi matte, because I felt that it was very matte. It also says that it can last up to 24 hours and to be honest, I never keep my makeup on for that long, so I don't know. What I can tell you is that, I've had this foundation on for 16 hours and it still looked really nice throughout the day! I was really impressed!


Close up


As mentioned, I did use this foundation without a primer. I personally prefer it with a primer, so that the application is flawless and it stays on for longer. I highly recommend that you guys moisturize your skin (even if you have oily skin), so that your skin is hydrated and the foundation doesn't look flakey (this goes for any foundation)! I have combination skin, but more on the oily side and I really liked how it wears! If you have problematic skin and you don't use a primer, your pores or acne or so on, will peek through the foundation. You can of course build up the coverage, but as the day goes by, it will start to peek through! If you have just redness, then don't worry, this foundation will cover it! The areas that I get super oily is of course my t zone and forehead. I would say the 4th hour, I started getting a bit shinny, but not too much. Normally, when I don't prime my face or set it with a setting spray, like two hours in and I'm starting to get oily. This foundation has oil control technology, which is really nice, especially for the summer! However, as soon as you hit the 8th hour, you'll get oily. You just need to touch it up with setting powder and the good thing is, the foundation doesn't budge. It stays in place and it doesn't look like it's melting off your face! However, by the 10th hour, it was starting to fade away and I was just getting really oily, so I don't recommend you go over 9 hours without using a primer and setting spray!


Now, when you do apply a primer and setting spray, it makes a huge difference! First of all, you don't have to worry about your pimples peeking through. Next, the foundation blends in easily so you can do a buffing motion, but as mentioned, stick to stippling or packing motion (it's easier)! Next, the foundation stays on even longer! With 4 hours in, I didn't get oily, even on days that I was outside in the sun! Around the 8th hour, I got a tiny bit shinny near the nose area, but honestly I lightly dusted on setting powder and that's it! It just looked so amazing! It wasn't fading away and everything was in it's place! The 10th hour, my forehead and t-zone was a bit more oily, but again everything was in it's place! The foundation wasn't running down my face or anything. I was matte everywhere, but the t zone and forehead area. Then, the 12th hour, I felt it was the same. Nothing changed in the span of 2 hours. The t zone and forehead area was a little bit more oily, but it wasn't a huge deal. I went up to 16 hours and yes, I did have to dust on some setting powder in my oily areas, but the rest of my face was fine! I've used the L'oreal True Match Lumi and I remember around the 12th hour, I had to take it off, because it was moving around too much! However, with this foundation, it's only my oily areas that was shinny, but it didn't even look that bad! Therefore to sum it up, this foundation wears REALLY nicely throughout the day!

What it looks on me (no flash)

If you have combination skin, you'll love this foundation! It's worth giving it a try, especially since it's not expensive like the high end brands! If you have dry skin, my recommendation is to really make sure your skin is hydrated, because it can feel slightly dry, but it's not that bad! Like I said, I highly recommend everyone moisturize their skin regardless of their skin type to keep your skin healthy! If you have oily skin, this foundation will work for you! It's basically made for people with oily skin! It's oil control technology will help you stay matte! This doesn't mean that your t zone or forehead won't get oily, because it will! However, your foundation won't move around! You'll just need to touch up with a setting powder and that's it! Even for photography, this foundation is amazing, because it doesn't cause flashback!


I'm in love with this foundation and it's definitely something I will be repurchasing! If I had a top 3, this will definitely be in it! The fact that it's a drugstore foundation, makes it so affordable! So, give it a try and let me know your thoughts on it! 

6 comments:

  1. This seems like a really good product, I would definitely try it once I'm done with my bottles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is girl! You should def look into it! The pharmaprix in Fairview always puts this foundation on sale! Well I find mostly on Mondays and Tuesdays it is! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey what colour are you In mac ? I want to know as I'm wondering if fresh beige will be my shade as well. I'm an NC 37 in Mac studio fix fluid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey what colour are you In mac ? I want to know as I'm wondering if fresh beige will be my shade as well. I'm an NC 37 in Mac studio fix fluid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pooja! In MAC Studio Fix Fluid, I mix NC30 and NC35. I think Fresh Beige may be a bit too light for you! I think the next shade up is Caramel Beige, which may be suitable for you!

      Delete
  4. M nc 35 in mac... So is it suitable shade for me?

    ReplyDelete