March 24, 2015

Smashbox + Donald Robertson: Be Legendary Matte Lipstick Collection Review

Lately, I been on this whole lip stain/ liquid lipstick obsession, but when I saw the lipstick collection from the Smashbox and Donald Robertson collaboration, I couldn't resist!!! The shades in this collection are absolutely gorgeous and so spring appropriate! If you're interested in this collection, there are 6 lipsticks, 8 photo angle pure pigment gel liner and they even have a value set, which includes 4 lipsticks and 4 gel liners from this collection. This collection is only Sephora exclusive, but you can find the new shades on the Smashbox site (however it will not have the limited edition packaging).
Picture from the Sephora site
So, my focus is just going to be on the lipsticks. I only picked up 3 shades, because I felt the other shades, I already had something similar to it and they didn't stand out to me as much as the ones I purchased. The shades in this collection are Femme Fatale Matte (plum), Paris Pink Matte (light pink), Magenta Matte (neon purple pink), Fireball Matte (bright red orange), Mauve Matte (mauve pink) and Punch Drunk Matte (bright raspberry).  These each retail for $23CAD and come with 3g of product.
Picture from Sephora of all the shades

The shades I picked up are Femme Fatale Matte, Mauve Matte and Paris Pink Matte. The packaging on these are so cute!!! Basically, they come in the regular Smashbox packaging, but on the box there is a sleeve that has the designs that Donald Robertson created.

The sleeve for the lipsticks (no edit)


The shades I picked up (no edit)

The lipstick itself comes in a all black packaging with that matte texture. It's basically the same size and has the same exact look (on the box and tube) as the regular Be Legendary lipsticks, but the only difference is, the regular lipsticks have a silver/metal part that the lipstick comes out of and the new matte lipsticks have black. They're portable and don't feel too heavy.

How pretty are these shades?! (no edit)

The outside (no edit)

Obviously from the name, these are all matte lipsticks. At times, the problem with matte lipsticks is that they dry out your lips, however that's not the case with these! These glide on your lips like butter! They also feel so moisturizing on the lips! I actually tried these on the first time without priming my lips with a lip balm and my lips didn't feel chapped at all . They honestly just feel so creamy and amazing! They're also really pigmented! I apply 2 layers and I'm good to go. The second layer is basically a touch up (it's not even necessary to be honest). I also don't even need a lip liner for these. They don't bleed at all and they stay in place! I would say if you don't eat or drink, these can last up to 4 hours without touch up.

                 Another view of my new babies  (no edit)                   

The lipstick Mauve Matte is basically a mauvy pink. It does have cool undertones. I find this color is perfect for those of you who don't like bright lips. Even though the lipsticks are bold and pigmented, this color is very settled. I find this will suit any skin color! I would say this is my favorite shade I picked up!

Here are some swatches, I have medium skin tone! 

Mauve Matte (no edit)

Mauve Matte swatch (no edit)
                   
Without flash (no edit)
                               
With flash (no edit)
                               
The next lipstick Femme Fatale Matte is a plum color. This color looks like it's a deep plum in the tube, but when swatched and on the lips, it's more of a light plum with pink undertones. It kind of reminds me of MAC's Rebel but a bit lighter. It's a gorgeous color that would suit any skin color.

Femme Fatale Matte (no edit)
Swatched (no edit)
  Flash (no edit)


No flash (no edit)
                                 
The last lipstick I purchased is Paris Pink Matte. This is a bright pink with warm undertones. You can say it's almost neon. Therefore, for those of you who don't like bright lips, this may not be your color. Even though it's bright, it's still wearable. I would say it would suit any skin color, but if you're dark, you may find it a bit too bright. It all depends on your personal taste! If you're used to bright lips, it won't be a issue!
  

Swatched (no edit)

Paris Pink Matte (no edit)

No flash (no edit)
  
   Flash (no edit)
                                           
Those were all the swatches! I took the pictures at different times, that's why some are more clear and better than others (sorry!). I didn't edit any of them, I wanted you guys to see the true colors. I wanted to get this post up ASAP, because I know Sephora is running out of the Limited Edition packaging, but as mentioned, if the colors really do interest you, just go on the Smashbox website! Overall, I love these bold lipsticks and I definitely recommend them! If you haven't tried any of the Be Legendary lipsticks, you're missing out! For the price, the quality is amazing (worth every penny)! Let me know what your thoughts are or if you picked up these new matte lipsticks! 

2 comments:

  1. Picking up the Femme Fetale today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouuu Rly :) Im in love with that color! Let me know what u think of it :)

      Delete