December 28, 2015

Bobbi Brown University Lip Palette: Hot or Not?

Hey guys! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas! I definitely did and enjoyed my few days off! So, I wanted to do a  mini review on this lip palette by Bobbi Brown. I normally don't buy Bobbi Brown products, because it is expensive. However, I was really drawn to this palette! I also haven't heard many people talk about it, so I was like why not talk about it on my blog!


Bobbi Brown University Lip Palette

First things first, the packaging of this palette is very classy. It's simple and looks very professional. It's also not that big, so it's super travel friendly! I originally wished that it was bigger, but honestly, this size is perfect! I also love the size of the mirror inside! It's very sturdy! I also love how the names of the shades are on the back! It comes with 12 beautiful shades! The palette comes with 12.8g of product and it costs $70CAD. For $70, I wish it had more product! I don't find it's enough, but then again, Bobbi Brown is a highend brand. I purchased this during the VIB sale, it was the only way that I could justify the price!

Love the packaging!


Close up


As mentioned this palette comes with 12 gorgeous lip shades! All the shades are uniquely different from one another! I find it compliments any skin tone! You have a mixture of pinks, mauves, nudes, reds and corals! The great thing about lip palettes is that you can always mix two colors to customize shades! It's very versatile in that sense! The finish of these lipsticks is more on the satin side and a few are sheer. There's Beige Gold Shimmer, which is like a finishing topper, so it's sheer. I like how they included that shade, because it gives you the option of creating a shimmery glossy finish! There's even Berry Shimmer that has shimmer in it. The rest have absolutely no shimmer in them! This is honestly a all year round palette! It legit has your bright colors, your dark colors and your everyday colors! I honestly just can't get over the shade range, it's just so stunning! If you're a makeup artist, you'll love this palette!


Close up (gorgeous, right?)

Here are the swatches! (I have medium skin!)

First row

Middle row

Bottom row


Now, let's talk about the quality! Overall, I'm really impressed! They're pigmented and glide on your lips like butter! They're also super long wearing! I would say it can last up to 6 hours! Obviously, if you eat or drink, it'll start coming off. However, I find when you use a lip liner, it doesn't completely come off! Like some lipsticks disappear completely when you're eating or drinking, but these lipsticks don't completely come off. You still slightly see the color (not sure if that makes sense). I used the shade Burnt Red on my aunt for this party and guys, she had it on all night (so for 7 hours). She ate and drank! Like it wasn't as bold as it was in the beginning, but the lipstick was still there throughout the night (and she didn't even touch it up)! Like I said though, you have to wear a lip liner or else, it would come off completely!


Can't get over it!

Even  though this palette is expensive, I do highly recommend it! I love the quality of this palette and the shade range is to die for! Especially if you travel a lot, this palette is really handy and there's something for every occasion! This palette is limited edition, so get your hands on it ASAP! If you're not sure, I recommend that you play with it at your local Sephora! I hope you guys enjoyed this mini review! My December Haul will be coming up shortly, so stay tuned for that!

1 comment:

  1. I like it! ^-^ would you mind to join my blog?
    And my blog is sanatinsaklisirlari.blogspot.com.tr

    ReplyDelete