September 13, 2015

Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder in Pink Glow: Hot or Not?

Guess what's back in stock!!! Yes, the famous Bobbi Brown highlighters in Pink Glow and Bronze Glow! In case you missed out last year during the holidays, Bobbi Brown came out with 2 limited edition highlighters that everyone was obsessed with! I mean everyone! These were the highlighters that everyone was talking about! Sadly, they sold out pretty fast! I saw it a few times at my local Sephora, but I was like no I don't need it (mistake!). Then, once I saw videos and pictures about these highlighters, I was like maybe I do need them and of course by that time, they got sold out everywhere! Luckily guys, now is your chance! Bobbi Brown decided to bring back both these highlighters  for a limited time! I don't know how long they'll be in stock, but on the Sephora website, it says that it's limited edition! So, if you been wanting this for a long time, GET IT ASAP! I just love how Bobbi Brown listened to their customers and bought these 2 babies back, even though they were limited edition last year! It just makes you appreciate them so much more!

Bobbi Brown highlighter in Pink Glow


As you can tell by the title, this mini review will only be on Pink Glow. The day that I ordered Pink Glow, unfortunately Bronze Glow wasn't available then and it came out a few days after! I kind of wished that I waited a few days, but I just didn't want it to get sold out! However, I still want to purchase Bronze Glow, so I hope I get my hands on it! Anyways, let's talk about Pink Glow. It comes in the regular Bobbi Brown compact (the black square). Last year, it was in the bulky limited edition packing, which I liked, but I personally prefer this one, because it's not as bulky and it won't take up as much space. I also find, the regular Bobbi Brown packaging is just so classy, even though it' simple. I don't know, I just have a thing for black compacts! The compact doesn't weigh a lot and it doesn't feel sturdy. I feel like if it fell, the product will most likely shatter! However, you can toss this in your purse with no problem, because the magnetic closure is really strong! The product itself comes with 7g of product and it costs $54CAD. In my opinion, for the amount of product that you get, it's way too pricey! The Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors (pressed) are $46CAD and come with 8g of product and even the Cover FX illuminators are $28CAD with 10g of product! So, it's a little debatable about these highlighters, but keep in mind, Bobbi Brown is a highend brand! Most of their products I find are too pricey to begin with! The other thing that I noticed is that last year, it was in a bigger packaging and it came with 8g of product instead of 7g. I'm not sure why Bobbi Brown had to cut down on the product this time, because it's still fairly expensive! For the moment, you can only buy these highlighters online at Sephora (don't forget to use Ebates!).

The compact itself


The inside


The product itself looks gorgeous in the pan! It has a beautiful square embossing. The shade itself is a very beautiful champagne with a hint of peach and beige in it! When I apply it on my face (I have medium skin with slightly yellow undertones), it appears more rosy than pink, which is something that I like. I find if you have pink undertones, then this will appear more pink on you, whereas to someone that has neutral or warm undertones, it'll just look more rosy. I don't have anything like this in my collection, so I think it' unique and it's definitely something that's different (I mostly use gold highlighters)! I recommend it to any skin color, especially if you're fair or light, you'll love it!

Swatch on my medium skin with no flash or edit!


Swatch with flash

The pigmentation of this highlighter is amazing! A little goes a long way! It's also super soft and silky! It honestly blends like a dream! It has a metallic frosted finish! I find this highlighter is a bit too shimmery for my personal preference. It doesn't leave a "natural glow" like the Hourglass Ambient Lightning powders! I normally pack on 2 layers of this product and it's more than enough for me! If I do a third or forth layer, it's mostly for a event during the night, where I really want my highlighter to pop! I find this highlighter wears really good for 6-8 hours. I just remember this one day, I had it on for the whole day (so like 12-14 hours) and by the end of the day, it faded away! Unfortunately, I lost track of time that day, so I'm not sure which hour it started fading away exactly! However, the days I had my makeup on for 8 hours, this was still looking fabulous on my skin!


A closer look at this beauty


Overall, I really like this highlighter and it's an amazing addition to my collection! It's not my favorite highlighter, so I don't highly recommend it. However, if you want a break from your gold and bronze highlighters, Pink Glow is definitely the way to go! For those of you that missed out last year, I hope this time around, you get your hands on these! I hope you guys enjoyed this mini review and hope you all have an amazing week!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog. If you looking for  Pressed Highlighter Powder , At RR LUX, we strive to always delivery high end Quality products and superb customer services. We can gives you feeling comfortable and satisfaction guarantee with our products.

    Kiki Kinky Curly Unit

    Hold and shine hair Mousse

    Turmeric body scrub online

    ReplyDelete