July 7, 2015

ColourPop: Super Shock Highlighter in Wisp Review

As I mentioned in my June haul, I wanted to review the ColourPop Super Shock Highlighter in Wisp, because it's absolutely gorgeous! Honestly, I love ColourPop products and I'll be picking up more of their highlighters! Their collection includes 15 shades and the color range is absolutely beautiful! You have so many different unique colors to choose from! I'm telling you, every makeup addict needs a ColourPop highlighter in their collection and let me explain to you why!

ColourPop Highlighter in Wisp


First of all, the packaging is absolutely stunning! I love black packaging, but let's be honest, it's just so basic! The fact that ColourPop went with white packaging, really makes their products stand out from your collection! The packaging is nice and sturdy. You just twist off the white lid to open it. It's light and portable! My advice to you is to make sure that you really tighten the lid to close it, because the product can get dry if you don't close it properly! This product comes with 4.2g of product and guess how much it is?! Only $8USD!!! Honestly, it's so affordable, that slowly you'll want everything! You can only buy this on ColourPop's website https://colourpop.com

The packaging

[I just wanted to point out that the lid had ColourPop written  on it, but mine smudged off, because I use it often and I just throw it around in my purse! Also, none of these pictures are edited!]

The product itself is very unique. It's like a mousse clay kind of texture. The product is soft when you dip your finger into it, but it's not a creamy texture. It kind of feels like a sponge. I'm telling you it's very unique and different! However, it's SO pigmented! A little goes a long way! Once you apply it, it doesn't budge! It literally stays in place! What I like about this highlighter is that it doesn't set into your skin! It just leaves that beautiful dewy glow. The best way to apply this product is to use your fingers. You can use a synthetic brush, but I find it blends easier with your fingers!

Look at that pigmentation! Just lightly dipped my finger into it!


So now you know the texture is amazing, let's talk about the shade Wisp! It's a beautiful golden champagne with reflective gold duochrome to it. It has a warm undertone to it and falls more on the bronze side. It just leaves that beautiful metallic glow to the skin. It does have shimmer in it to make it more opaque. It blends really nicely! You can build up the pigmentation, if you really want it to be an intense metallic glow or you can sheer it out, for a more softer glow! I find either way, it's gorgeous! This shade is ideal for people with medium to dark skin! I also recommend it to people with light skin, however it does have that bronze color to it, so it may look muddy if you're super light. If you're light, I recommend you apply a little bit and really blend it out. If it doesn't look muddy, then you can build up the pigmentation!


Wisp without the flash

Wisp with the flash


Wisp with no flash swatched



Wisp with flash swatched


What Wisp looks like on me (no flash)


Another view without the flash

Wisp on different skin colors! (picture from the ColourPop website)

Now the question is, how long does it wear for? I always love to test my products out by the hour. I would say for 8-10 hours, this product will still be glowing on your face! It doesn't budge at all! However, by the 11-12th hour, I did see it slightly fading away. It wasn't completely off my face, but it was starting to fade. It really didn't bother me, because wherever you are, you can easily apply this product with your fingers. You don't need to carry your brushes with you! It's super convenient!


I highly recommend you guys give these highlighters a go! They're super affordable and you have so many shades to choose from! If you have medium skin, such as myself, Wisp will be your best friend! It's the perfect bronze gold highlighter. If you already tried these highlighters, let me know which ones are your favorite shades! I plan on expanding my collection, so let me know guys!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Unfortunately, it's not waterproof! However, if you apply a setting spray or those sweat proof ones, it will last longer than expected!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog lovely! :)

      Delete