January 15, 2017

Lancome: La Rose A Poudrer Review

Hey guys! So, I decided to sneak in this surprise review! I know that I said that I'll be posting my Best of Beauty 2016 next, but I got my hands on this Lancome La Rose A Poudrer and decided to review it first. I obviously had to get my hands on this product, because just look how stunning it is! I'm obsessed with highlighters and I need them all! Lancome launched this Parisian collection that's very elegant and stunning! They have this rose gold theme going on, like the packaging is so nice! This highlighter is probably the most eye catching product from the collection! Now, let's just get into this review!

Lancome La Rose A Pourdrer


Starting off with the packaging, I mean it's out of this world! This is just such a creative and unique concept! It comes in the regular Lancome silver box. However, the tub that holds the product is a stunning light pink with metallic rose gold design. The tub is actually very light and it's not really sturdy. It's actually pretty fragile. You lift the cover up and you have the beautiful pink rose inside. The rose itself is so stunning and it has the highlighter all over the petals. The petals are literally glowing, like I'm so obsessed! It has a light floral scent to it that I really like! Overall, the presentation is fantastic! Now, this is the part that no one is going to like. This gorgeous $79CAD highlighter comes with only 1.6g of product. I mean is that even real life?! I'm extremely disappointed and if it said on the Lancome website that it came with 1.6g, I would have pass up on it. Since it's loose pigment, you'll probably get like 8-10 uses out of it. I understand that they probably didn't want to pile on the powder onto the petals, but it could have cost less. This product is limited edition and it's currently available only on the Lancome website! I'm not sure if Sephora and the other retailers will be getting this!

The packaging



Up close (no flash)

Another look!

I'm so obsessed!


Let's talk about the shade. It has no specific name to it. It's a pale luminous pink. It's more of a subtle luminous highlighter. It has very fine shimmer to it! This shade would look absolutely stunning on someone with pale and light skin! It would also suit someone with medium skin, however, it may be too light for someone with dark skin.

The swatch with flash

The swatch without flash



Let's get into the formula and how it wears! As mentioned, this is a subtle highlighter. It's purpose is just to give you that very natural healthy glow, so that you look like you're glowing within. You can definitely build it up for a more opaque highlight. The powder is silky soft and it blends like a dream! It's also pigmented. It's kind of long wearing. I would say that it lasts up to 7 hours and then starts to fade away slowly. I find this product applies best with a fluffy natural hair brush. I've tried it with a synthetic brush and it doesn't pick up the powder from the petals as properly. You'll just be dusting away the powder and with 1.6g, you definitely can't afford to do that! It doesn't emphasize any pores, so that's definitely a plus! The formula itself is nice and it just looks like velvet on the skin!

What it looks like on without flash

What it looks like on with flash

Another look at the highlighter on! It's a nice subtle highlighter!


Bottom line, the formula of this highlighter isn't bad. It's alright, but I'm not happy with the price and the amount of product that you get! I mean it could have at least been 5g, but 1.6 is just too low. This is definitely gorgeous and it's the perfect item to have on your vanity. I love the whole concept of the flower in the box and roses are my favorite kind of flowers! I've never seen anything like this, so it's the perfect collector's item. However, if you're buying this for the highlighter itself, there's better alternatives out there! The formula just doesn't win me over! So ya, those are my thoughts on this product. Does anyone else feel the same way? What are your thoughts on it?

2 comments:

  1. It's available for purchase at Hudson Bay retailers in Canada currently

    ReplyDelete