December 22, 2016

My Top 5 Favorite Highlighters

 Hey guys, so I know Christmas is just around the corner and I'm sure some of you may be shopping last minute or want to get a little something for yourself. So, I decided to do a "My Top 5 Favorite Highlighters". Last year, I did a top 5 of my favorite eyeshadow palettes, so this year I wanted to do highlighters. There's so many highlighters in the market now, it's insane! Everyone is all about the glow these days! Like, who doesn't want to glow for the gods? I purchased a ton of highlighters and I feel like I always come across the good ones! That's why I wanted to write this post, so that you guys can see which highlighters are my top ones! You guys ready?!

Highlighter heaven!


I made this list based on how often I reach for these highlighters. I also took price into consideration and of course the formula! You'll see that I have the same highlighter in multiple shades, because I'm that obsessed with them! 

 5)Colourpop highlighters
I mean, who doesn't love Colourpop Highlighters? For the price and quality, these are just amazing! They have a sponge like texture that applies to the skin so effortlessly! They're pigmented and blend like a dream! You can apply one layer for a more subtle highlight or build it up for that opaque highlight! I absolutely love the shade range! There's something for every skin tone! They also have a few unique shades! I also love how the shimmer isn't overpowering! It just gives you such a beautiful glow! They're long wearing and they don't budge throughout the day!  It's best to use them with your fingers! These retail for $8USD, so you really can't go wrong with them! I know at this very moment, a few shades are on sale, so snatch them while you can! If I had to choose my favorite shade, it would definitely be Wisp! Check out my review on this shade here.

Colourpop Highlighter in Wisp!



 4) Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors
I remember back in the day, Jaclyn Hill used to rave about these all the time, especially the shade Opal! She's one of my favorite Youtubers, so you bet I went out and bought a Becca highlighter! At the time, Opal was always sold out, so I picked up Moonlight and I've been obsessed with it ever since! This formula is just wow! First of all, this powder is so silky and buttery smooth! It's also super pigmented! It just glides on your skin so smoothly! It just leaves that gorgeous metallic finish! It's opaque, but you can definitely sheer it out! This is more on the pricey side, but it's worth the investment! After a few months, I did end up buying Opal and it became my favorite shade! Then, Jaclyn Hill collaborated with Becca and came out with Champagne Pop (click here  for a quick review on this shade!), which also became my favorite! I love them both and I don't know which shade I like better! 

Champagne Pop and Opal!




 3)Clionadh Cosmetics 
I mean, are you even surprised that Clionadh Cosmetics made it to my list?! I've been obsessed with this brand's highlighters! For those of you that haven't heard of them, please check out my review here. They're fairly a new brand that sells hand made highlighters (and eyeshadows now). They carry a wide shade range! Like, they have some really unique shades that aren't your typical gold and champagne highlighters! They also let you customize your own highlighter! Like, how cool is that?! They also come in many different finishes! They legit have something for everyone! The formula is also amazing!! They're so smooth! They glide on your skin effortlessly! They're super pigmented, but they can easily be sheered out! They're also super long wearing! They come in pans, so you do need a palette to store them in! It's ideal for makeup artists, because they can custom create their own highlighter palette! Every time I take out my palette, everyone is so drawn to the colorful highlighters! They're just so stunning! This brand really perfected their formula! I would say my favorite shades are Retina and Clionadh Dark! These are super affordable you guys, you can't go wrong with them! 

Clionadh Cosmetics!



 2) Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kits
Moving along, you guys know that I love my ABH Glow Kits! These are super convenient for a makeup artist! It definitely let's you mix and customize your own shade! I own the palettes in Gleam and That Glow. Gleam is definitely a unique palette, but That Glow is definitely my favorite palette! First of all, the pans are huge! I can never see myself hitting pan! You get your moneys worth! The formula is also really nice! The highlighters are buttery smooth. They're packed with intense luminosity. They just leave a stunning metallic finish. They also blend really nicely! They're super long wearing! Again, these highlighters give you the option of wearing them bold or subtle. I also really like the color selection in each palette! They're designed in a way, so that there's a shade for every skin tone! Everyone needs to own at least one Glow Kit!


That Glow!


 1) MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinishes
Of course this is my #1! I always rave about MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinishes! It's MAC's best formula in my opinion! What stands out about these highlighters is that there's not one bit of fall out! It's a gel powder formula. It's super smooth and pigmented! It just applies effortlessly! It just adds such a beautiful luminosity to your skin! These also blend like a dream. Sometimes highlighters tend to just sit on your skin, but this one legit blends into your skin so nicely! You look like you're glowing within! They're super long wearing!  These do have shimmer in them, but it's not overpowering! MAC released a bunch of new shades this year, so definitely check it out! You won't be disappointed with this formula! My favorite shade is Oh Darling, which was a limited edition shade from last year's holiday collection (click here for Oh Darling's review and more information about this formula)!

Oh Darling!


This was such a hard list to make! There are so many other highlighters that I love, but this is my all time favorites! I hope you guys found this useful! Let me know which highlighters are your favorites! This is probably going to be my last post before Christmas! I was supposed to post 2 reviews this week, which were about the Wright Artistry products that I've received, but the owner wanted me to post it in the new year, since their website is under construction! I'll keep you guys posted on that! I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment