January 25, 2016

Nyx: Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Push-Up Review

Hey guys, I decided to do a review on the new Nyx Lingerie liquid lipstick. First of all, how creative is Nyx with the whole lingerie theme?! Second of all, I'm so happy that a company decided to release a line dedicated to nude shades! I definitely think that companies were lacking when it came to nude shades! Like yes, every company had that one nude shade in their collection, but that nude wouldn't suit just any skin tone! I find when you're medium to dark, not all nudes look flattering on you! So, it's amazing how Nyx has 12 shades to choose from! You have a wide selection of your basic nudes, peachy nudes, pinky nudes, your chocolate brown and they even a mahogany red. No matter what your skin tone is, you'll definitely find a shade that you'll like! I wanted to get most of them, but it's currently all sold out! So, that's a little upsetting and I really do hope they restock soon! That's why I'm just reviewing the shade Push-Up!


New Nyx Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Push-Up


The packaging of this liquid lipstick is simple and basic. It's nothing too fancy! I do love the doe foot applicator! It's nice and slim. It's perfect to shape your lips with and it picks up the right amount of product! I wish Nyx used this doe foot applicator for their soft matte lip creams and concealers! It comes with 4ml of product and they're $9CAD each. They're available at any drugstore that sells Nyx or online at Nyx. As mentioned, they're sold out online, so make sure you sign up for the notification, so that you don't miss out on them next time!


This doe foot applicator is amazing!


So, let's talk about the shade. Push-Up is a beautiful pinky nude. It's more on the light-medium side. I actually really like the way that it looks on me. I find this is a perfect pinky nude for light to medium skin tones! If you're tan or dark, this may be too light for you. However, you can always pair it with a lip liner or mix it in with a darker liquid lipstick! I find this shade was a bit off on the Nyx website, so be sure to check reviews and swatches before ordering!

Push-Up


Swatch of Push-Up on my skin


Let's talk about the formula! The texture of this liquid lipstick is not too thick or too thin, it's in between a cream and liquid. It's actually super comfortable and it feels like you have nothing on your lips! It's also not drying and it dries within 30-40 seconds. It dries to a velvet finish! I find one coat is more than enough, but a second coat is also nice, if you want it to be a bit more opaque. However, I don't recommend a third coat, because it's going to start to get clumpy and it'll look ashy on your lips! Even when you want to add a second coat, wait for it to dry completely or else it'll be clumpy! This liquid lipstick doesn't budge or transfer once it's dry! It's super long wearing! Even when you eat, it doesn't fade away completely and it only needs a minimal touch up! I find it can  last you 4 hours if you don't eat! The formula is really nice, but my only problem with it, is that it falls into your lines. It kind of magnifies your lip lines, which isn't attractive. It makes your lips seem dry, even if they're not. So, I highly recommend that you use a lip primer! The other thing that I don't like is that it's also really tough to get this liquid lipstick off! I have to like scrub at it, which is a bit annoying. Other than that, I really do like the formula and result of this liquid lipstick!


What it looks like on without flash


What it looks like on with flash (sorry that my hair is crazy #badhairday)



Overall, I love this liquid lipstick! I'm obsessed with this liquid lipstick line! Nyx did an amazing job! They just have a few things that they need to fix with the formula. I don't think I've ever liked a drugstore liquid lipstick as much as this one. So, it's worth giving it a go! I'm going to be purchasing the other shades as soon as they're in stock, so if you guys want me to do lip swatches, then let me know! My January Haul should be up soon! I have tons of products to share with you guys, so be on a look out for that! Hope you all have an amazing week!


No comments:

Post a Comment