September 23, 2015

Laneige: Water Bank Gel Cream Review

Hey guys, I figured it's time to finally write a review on a skincare product! I haven't spoken about skincare in so long, so it's time now! Influenster sent me this free Laneige VoxBox. I received this product for testing purposes and I decided why not write a review on it. I was expecting to get like deluxe size samples, but no, they sent me the FULL size of the Water Bank Gel Cream, which I was so shocked about! I truly appreciate it, but even though it's a complimentary product, I'll still be sharing with you my honest opinion on this product! Laneige is a new skincare line that recently became available at Sephora! Their products are formulated with advanced water science. I became very curious about this line and did research on it! It was stated on their website that "Only Laneige laboratories have unleashed scientifically engineered, skin perfecting mineral water clinically proven to hydrate, protect and revitalize individual skin types. The result: 24-hour hydration and protection against sun, pollution and stress. Through its mastery of the science of water, Laneige brings skincare to a new level of excellence". I find it so interesting how Laneige used mineral water to help hydrate the skin for 24 hours! Normally, I use a lot of moisturizer, but I find half way through the day, I need to apply more moisturizer, because my skin starts to get dry (and I have combination skin now). I was really curious to see, how my skin was going to react to this product and if it would actually be hydrated for the full day! So, this review will specifically only be about the Water Bank Gel Cream, but as mentioned, they have quite a few products available at Sephora. Some of their famous products includes; the cleanser, serum, moisturizer and mask!


My Laneige VoxBox from Influenster



The package itself was really nice!
Laneige's best sellers!



First things first, let's talk about the packaging. It comes in a really cute box! I love how there's not a lot of writing on the box! It honestly just outlines the main purposes of this gel cream and it's ingredients! The product itself comes in a very sturdy glass jar. It comes with 50 ml of product. You just twist the lid off to access the product. I really love how they have this strong plastic closure to prevent the product from getting dry! Overall, the packaging just feels so luxurious! As mentioned, you can purchase this at Sephora or if you're in the States, you can purchase this at Target! The price of this is $42CAD. Which is quite a bit, but you'll be the one to judge after you read this review!


Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream


The jar


It has a plastic cover to protect the product!



Without the cover


It's stated that this gel cream is formulated with scientifically engineered, skin perfecting hydro ionized mineral water that delivers nutrients, hydrates and transforms your skin. It also absorbs instantly and delivers 6 moisture-maximizing minerals deep into your skin, it strengthens skin's moisture barrier, it circulates and retains moisture all day and protects and soothes the skin (stated on the box and post card I got). You apply this like any other gel cream by gently spreading it from the center of your face outward. If you choose to get the serum, make sure you put this gel cream on AFTER the serum! On the box it says that "for normal to combination skin", but of course, any skin can use this! I feel like this gel cream would make the same impact on any skin type.



The postcard with the information that I received



What's written on the back of the box



I love the texture of this gel cream! It's not chunky, it's just a smooth gel cream. It does have a light scent to it, but it's not overpowering at all! I honestly just don't know how to describe it, but it smells fresh (I'm really bad with scents, sorry)! It also feels SO cooling on the skin! Once you put it on your skin, it absorbs within a few minutes! What I love about this cream, is that it doesn't leave my skin feeling oily! Before, I would say my skin was oily, but I don't know why, throughout the years, it just became combination! I just don't get as oily as before, but I'm not dry either. However, my main issue with moisturizers is that they always leave me feeling oily (even with combo skin)! So, right off the bat, you'll love how this cream wears! It's gentle, not oily and very cooling! Honestly, once you put this gel cream on, you'll just see how hydrated and healthy your skin looks! It just leaves it so smooth with a light radiant touch! You also don't need to use a lot of product! A little goes a long way! Normally, I let the moisturizer sit on my face for at least 10-15 minutes before I start to apply makeup! I also spray MAC Fix Plus on my face for more hydration and so that the foundation can blend seamlessly. However, with this gel cream, I can skip that step! My foundation (even the thick full coverage ones like the Kat Von D lock it one) just blends so nicely and I don't have to worry about the foundation grabbing onto my dry patches! Now, the main question is, does it really last for 24 hours? First of all, I'm not awake for 24 hours, so I can't tell you. However, there are days that I'm out for 16 hours and let me say, my skin doesn't feel dehydrated at all! I normally always wake up with my skin feeling a bit dry, but when I apply this the night before, it keeps it hydrated! I've been using it for about a week now and i'm very impressed! I been seeing a few changes in my skin! It just looks so much healthier, since I started using this product and I don't have to worry about my face feeling dry now! Since we're going into Fall, this is definitely my necessity!


A close up of the cream gel!



Overall, I love this product and I definitely highly recommend it! I know it's a bit expensive, but you get a lot of product and it's so hard to find a moisturizer that doesn't make you oily! I'm always looking for products that are going to improve my skin, so I can't wait to try the other Laneige products! If you guys already tried this product or any other products from the Laneige line, let me know!




2 comments:

  1. do you use this on regular basis? how many months do you take until you finish one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maria! I used it once a day almost everyday. Some days when my skin feels hydrated, I just use a regular moisturizer, but I for sure used it at least 5 times a week. It lasted me a good 3 months!

      Delete