March 23, 2016

Jeffree Star Cosmetics: Velour Lip Scrub Review

Hey guys, so I finally decided to review the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Lip Scrubs! I been loving these just so much, that I had to mention them on my blog! As you know, the weather (well at least here in Montreal) has been pretty dry. Like, it's finally getting warm here now, but the last few months haven't been the best for my skin. My skin has just been so dry, like I don't even know why, I moisturize my skin every day and it's still dry. Even my lips were super dry. However, this lip scrub has really helped me get through the winter. I been using the lip scrub by Fresh, but I'm not a fan of the scent. So, when I saw these Jeffree Star Cosmetics lip scrubs, my jaw dropped! Hello, they have Mojito and Rootbeer flavored scrubs! Like, I just had to give them a try!

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Lip Scrubs


So, let's talk about the packaging. First of all, you can't go wrong with pink packaging! Jeffree Star is the only one with this bold pink packaging! His products stand out in anyone's makeup collection! I also love the rose gold print on the lid! It just puts the whole look together and it feels like a high end brand! Like, hands down Jeffree Star has one of the best packaging in the market! It's girly, but classy at the same time! The tub of the lip scrub is also huge! It comes with 30g of product, which is a lot of product! I feel like, I'll never finish these tubs! I been using it for months now and it looks like I barely touched it! The packaging is very sturdy and you don't have to worry about it spilling everywhere! These lip scrubs come in 5 flavours; Spearmint, Mojito, Strawberry Gum, Rootbeer and Pumpkin Spice Latte. These are also vegan and cruelty free! They're also edible! Like, I'm not going to lie, I got a bit in my mouth once and I kind of freaked out. But, it actually tasted so good and it said on the packaging that you can actually lick away the scrub! I don't recommend you start eating it, but if you get it in your mouth don't worry! It's not dangerous! If you thought all that was amazing about this product, just wait until you see (or read in this case) how much it costs. Ready?! It retails for $12USD! I can't believe it's so affordable! I don't think I've seen a huge tub of lip scrub for that price before! You can purchase this online at the Jeffree Star Cosmetics website. You can also find it at Beautylish or Morphe Brushes. They may also be available at other retail stores, I'm just not aware of them!


Tell me how cute this packaging is!


I love everything about it!


Now, let's get into the product itself. It's basically a sugar scrub. It's kind of thick, but it's not dry! Depending on which flavor you choose, the color is different. So, all you do is scoop the product out and rub it on your lips in circular motion. You leave it on for a few minutes (about 2 minutes) and then, you can wipe it off with a tissue or like the packaging says lick it away! I personally use this lip scrub twice a week before going to bed. You can use it during the day or even just before you apply lipstick or any lip product. If you feel like your lips are really chapped, then you can use it everyday! It's not harsh at all and it feels soothing on your lips!


They smell so yummy! Also, tastes yummy!


What do I think of this product? Well, it gently exfoliated my lips and left my lips feeling super soft! I also love how it's edible, so that you don't have to worry about getting it in your mouth. I find you get results instantly and if you don't see them the day of, just give it a few days! I find my lipsticks and liquid lipsticks just glided on my lips so much better! My lips also looked a lot healthier! I had no dead skin to worry about! Ever since I started using it, I honestly had no complaints about my lips! It really helped me get through this dry weather!


Last look at these!


I highly recommend these lip scrubs! It's worth every penny and I love the results! I also love the fun flavors that they come in! I don't think I've ever seen something like this in the market before! Like, I love Jeffree Star's creativity! So far, his liquid lipsticks and lip scrubs have been amazing! He's also launching highlighters and eyeshadows soon, that I'm DYING to get! Like honestly, if you haven't tried anything from Jeffree Star Cosmetics then you're missing out on life! 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I believe that I must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting review! I like your blog, would you like to follow each other?:)

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm planning on ordering one too. Which flavor do you like better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Spearmint one! I love mint and it just feels so refrehing on your lips! :) Let me know what you think of it oce you receive it!

      Delete