July 31, 2016

July Haul 2016 (Makeup)

I can't believe it's almost August! July just flew by! I been so busy with events this month! I feel like legit everyone is getting married, like it's crazy! Every weekend I had an event to attend! However, I had a great time and it gives you a break from work! I've also been really productive! I finally did my business logo, so I been super happy with that! I also created a Facebook Page for my Freelance work, so feel free to go check it out here. It hasn't been up for long, so I still have a lot of things that I want to post! I also been on a roll with creating looks on myself, so please go check them out my Instagram @divyapatel_mua. But ya, I did quite a bit of damage this month! I just been wanting to try new makeup! So many companies came out with new products, so I just caved. I still haven't played with a lot of the things that I purchased, but I do want to review a few of these products! 


My July Haul! 


 I placed a few small orders online at Sephora. Ebates had 8% cashback going on this month, so be sure to create an account with them! I spoke about how Ebates works here. The first product that I purchased is actually a splurge! I definitely didn't need this in my life, but I obviously had to get it anyways! It's the Guerlain Terracotta Terra Magnifica Bronzing Powder Contrast Highlighter. So, it's basically a bronzer and a highlighter. The packaging is very unique and stunning! I still haven't touched this, but I'll be reviewing it on my blog! It looks like a stunning bronzer that would work for multiple skin tones! The highlighter, I'm not too sure about, but we'll see what happens! Be sure to be subscribed to my blog, so that you can get notified when I post the review! I have a good feeling about this product! 


How stunning is this?!


Next, I purchased the Verb Sea Spray. This stuff is supposed to give you those nice beachy waves. Since I'm going away on vacation, I figured this would come very handy, because I doubt my hair will stay straight with the heat in Florida. I still haven't tried this on yet, but I'm super excited! The reviews were really good on Sephora, so I hope it works out!


I'm excited to try this!


I also purchased the Nars Hardwired Eyeshadow in Outer Limits. Last year, this eyehsadow sold out and I was so upset! It was limited edition then! However, Nars brought it back this year! I believe it's still limited edition, so if you been dying to get it, check out Sephora now! I haven't tried this on yet, but I did swatch it and guys, it's ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. I can't wait to wear this eyeshadow! It's a beautiful iridescent rose gold ! It has a ton of glitter in it! Like, the picture doesn't do it justice! It's beyond stunning (probably my favorite shade!). Even though the shade is out of this world, the formula can be better. It's a bit patchy. I won't be going too much into detail, because I do want to review this product! I also need to test it out before I give you my final thoughts on it! 


Outer Limits!


I repurchased the Sephora Solid Brush Cleaner. This stuff does the work just like the Beauty Blender Blender Cleanser Solid. It's the same concept, it's a solid cleanser. This also cleans beauty blenders and it's a bit cheaper than the Beauty Blender one! It's just so convenient to have and it comes with a nice rubber mat (it's small tho), so that you can swirl your brush on it to make sure that you get all the product out of your brush! I also picked up the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Glamrock. I been obsessed with Midnight Cowboy, which is a light beige gold. I been using it a lot, so I figured why not get the silver one. This stuff is amazing, especially if you like the whole glitter wing look. It's super convenient and doesn't make a mess! It's also super pigmented! Sometimes I just apply this all over my lid, because you know how messy glitter gets! I definitely want to purchase all the colors soon!

I love these products!


Lastly from Sephora, I picked up the new Kat Von D Serpentina Eyeshadow Palette. When I saw this palette on Instagram, I just had to get it! It's such a beautiful colorful palette! Like, it's not your basic nude palette, all the colors are bold and fun! So with that being said, you may need another palette for transition colors and so on. I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone, that's why I purchased this. I used this palette once and I'm still not sure what I think about it. The shades are gorgeous, but I find the quality could have been better. It's not Kat Von D's usual quality, I feel like something is lacking. However, I only used it once, so I'll continue to play with it! I'll definitely be reviewing this!


Look at these shades!!!



I also went to Pharmaprix quick quick. I saw the Heel Genius by Soap&Glory, so I picked it up. My feet have been so dry! Like, it's crazy! No matter how much moisturizer I put on, they're just dry. However,  since I start using this cream, my feet have been so much better! They actually stay moisturized and look a lot healthier! I don't even need to put this cream on everyday and they'll stay moisturized! I'm like so blown away by this! It's definitely a must have! Now, I just need a super good hand cream and I'm good to go! 


This product is a must have!


I also made a quick trip to Walmart. I picked up more of those Kiss lashes in #3. They're just natural lashes. A lot of my clients prefer these kind of lashes, so I just wanted to stock up a bit! I also got the Ardell Individuals. I figured I'd keep these on hand, so that I can add more volume to natural looking lashes. This again is for my kit! I also purchased the Duo Brush On Adhesive. This stuff only retails $6CAD at Walmart! That's insane, because at Sephora it retails for $12CAD! You get the same amount of product and the packaging is exactly the same! The glue is also the same, so check out Walmart, because Sephora hiked the price of this glue for no reason! I was going to get like 5, because I'm obsessed with this glue, but I was scared that maybe it's not the same thing, so I only bought 1 to test it out!

Some lash essentials for my kit!


Next, I placed an order on Beauty Bay. This was my first time ordering from this site! However, the shipping was pretty fast! I was expecting it to take longer, since they ship out of the UK. So, Beauty Bay carries several brands, such as Kevyn Aucoin, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Dose of Colors, Gerard Cosmetics and so on. So, if you're in the UK or even Canada and you have a hard time finding a brand, definitely check them out! Like, I find Dose of Colors is hard to find and I'm surprised that they had it! Also, the minimum to get free shipping is really low! I believe for Canadians it's only $26CAD, so it's really not bad! So, I purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Gleam. I been obsessing and I mean obsessing over That Glow, so I really wanted to pick up Gleam. However, it was sold out on Sephora's website and my local Sephora didn't carry it! So, I freaked out and I just typed it in Google to see where it was still available and Beauty Bay came up, so ya that's how I found out about them! I have high hopes for this palette! Like, That Glow is everything and I just want to pick up all the Glow Kits now! I'm planning on doing a swatch post of all the kits next month, so that you guys can see a comparison. I know I'm crazy and I purchase everything, but I know some of you are on a budget. It'll just give you a clear idea of which one will be suitable for you! I also picked up the Eyedeal Duo by Dose of Colors in Lucky Star. Guys, I been wanting this for so long, but couldn't find it anywhere! Like, when I finally convinced myself that I needed this, like they were sold out everywhere, so I was super surprised that Beauty Bay still had them! They don't have all the shades available, but I mean it's better than nothing! I think next month, I'll be getting the rest of them! I still haven't tried this on, but I mean, I know I'll love this! I just find this such an amazing idea! You get a primer on top and the glitter on the bottom! It's just so convenient! The primer is also the color of the glitter! So ya, if you guys want me to review this let me know! I'll definitely be creating a look with this, so be sure to be following me on Instagram! 
I'm beyond excited to play with these!



Last month, I actually ordered from Makeup Geek and it arrived earlier this month! I purchased the Extra Large Z Palette, which I absolutely love! I have the Medium one already and it's just so useful! I've been obsessed with Makeup Geek Eyeshadows, so I wanted to get a bigger palette, so that I can add more eyeshadows to my collection! The Z Palettes are very sturdy and not too bulky! It's super convenient to travel with! I also picked up a few eyeshadows! I purchased Ritzy (duochrome: warm reddish brown with gold and green reflects), Secret Garden (duochrome: dark brown with teal reflects), Curfew (matte: plum purple) and Houdini (foiled: dark teal). I mean these eyeshadows are just stunning and the quality is just amazing! I'll always rave about the Makeup Geek Eyeshadows! It's worth every penny! I been obsessed with Ritzy! I was a little hesitant when I first received this shade, but it's stunning once you put it on! I've used this on several of my clients and they been obessed with it! It's not your typical gold, it has green and brown to it, which makes it more neutral. However, since it's a duochrome it just adds that beautiful reflect that just looks so stunning! I haven't played with the rest of the eyeshadows, but I'll definitely be digging into them soon! 


The XL Z Palette

My new Makeup Geek Eyeshadows


That concludes my haul! It may seem like I didn't get that much, but trust me, my bank account didn't like it too much. Like I said, there's a lot of products that I want to review, so stay tuned for that! I'll be uploading my "August Favorites" soon and I also want to do a "What's in my Travel Makeup Bag", so that you guys see which products I'll be travelling with to Florida! It'll give you a glance at some of my holy grails and just suggestions if you're travelling as well! I'll try to sneak in a review as well before I leave, but I can't guarantee you that! I also just wanted to say thank you for passing by my blog! It truly does mean the world to me that you take the time to read my post(s). I don't think I say it enough! I put a lot of work into my blog and stuff, so it's just so amazing to see it grow by the month! But ya, thank you and I hope you guys have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment