July 26, 2016

My Makeup Brush Set: Aphrodite 10 Piece Oval Brush Set Review

The hype has been real about these oval brushes! I've always had my eyes on them and I'm so grateful that My Makeup Brush Set sent me the Aphrodite 10 Piece Oval Brush Set! If you been following my blog for awhile now, then you already know that I do a full review on all products that I receive! I'll also be doing short makeup tutorials with these brushes in action, so be sure to follow me on Instagram @divyapatel_mua. I'm sure you guys have seen the Artis brushes everywhere on social media! These are very similar, but they're so much more affordable! I don't think any company can beat My Makeup Brush Set's price! But ya, let's get into this review!

These are so gorgeous!



This brush set came with 10 brushes, which includes both face and eyeshadow brushes. They all come with this beautiful silver packaging! It also came with a velvet pouch to hold your brushes in! I find the handle is sturdy. It's definitely not something that would snap right away, however, if you add pressure to it, you may bend or break it! So, be sure not to add too much pressure! These brushes do have a luxurious feel to them! I find they're really well made! This set retails for $39.99CAD! Yes, that's absolutely crazy! You get 10 brushes with a pouch for only $39.99! It may be too good to be true, but it's real! ! Here is the link to purchase this set here. They also have a black and gold set, which are absolutely stunning. They carry a lot of  really nice things, so be sure to browse their website!

The handle 


Before I break down each brush, let's talk about their overall quality. So, the packaging is definitely really nice! These brushes are all really smooth! I experienced a bit of shedding with a few brushes (maybe like 3 or 4 of them), but the shedding isn't that bad! I find my MAC brushes have shed way more than these will ever! I find they're pretty easy to wash! Of course the face brushes are a bit harder, since they're a lot bigger. However, I just use olive oil and dish soap, which get rids of the product! For the 2 large face brushes, I also use this brush conditioner that I have just to make sure that the bristles stay soft! I find the overall quality is really nice for these brushes! I'm really impressed, since this set is so inexpensive!

My Makeup Brush Set: The Aphrodite 10 Piece Oval Brush Set


Let's break down each brush! They don't come with names or anything, so I numbered them myself! Also, in the purpose section, it's my opinion. These brushes are very versatile, so you can use them for multiple things. I just wrote down what I personally use them for!


The 10 brushes from this set

All the brushes side to side



Brush #1: 
-Purpose: For foundation, bronzer or setting powder
-Size: Large
-My Thoughts: This is the brush that shed more than the other brushes, but it wasn't horrible to the point that I wouldn't use this brush! It's once in awhile that it sheds! I used this for foundation and it did a great job applying it! It didn't matter if it was liquid or cream foundation, it blended everything really nicely! I used circular motions to buff it in for that effortless look. I really like this brush, however, I do prefer my stippling brush that I normally use. I find once you  stipple the foundation into your skin, it lasts a lot longer! With this brush, you can't stipple the foundation into your skin! This brush is also a little hard to wash! You definitely need to deep clean it to get all the product out!


Brush #1




Brush #2:
-Purpose: For bronzer, blush or setting powder
-Size: Medium
-My Thoughts: I love this brush to apply bronzer! It just blends everything in so effortlessly! It's also the perfect size, not too big or small! This brush works really well with liquids, creams and powders! I've even used it to apply blush and setting powder! It did a great job! This brush is very versatile as you can see, which is why it's one of my favorite brushes in this set!

Brush #2




Brush #3:
-Purpose: For blush, contour, concealer or setting powder
-Size: Falls between Small-Medium
-My Thoughts: This brush is smaller and more dense than Brush #2. This makes it ideal for liquid and cream products! I love to use this for cream blush and contour. It blends everything so effortlessly! I also like it to blend out my concealer! It's a really nice size and fits perfectly into that under eye area! I'm just not a fan in using this brush to apply setting powder. I find the powder gets stuck in the bristles and you lose product because of that!

Brush #3



Brush #4:
-Purpose: For contour
-Size: Falls between Small-Medium. It's smaller and even more dense than Brush #3!
-My Thoughts: This brush is ideal for cream and liquid contouring! It's the perfect size to fit into that cheek bone area! It's also dense, but not too dense and it just blends the contour really nicely! This is my favorite brush of all time to blend my cream/liquid contour! You can even use it for powder contour! If you have a hard time blending out your contour, then this is the brush that you definitely need!

Brush #4



Brush #5:
-Purpose: For concealer
-Size: Small
-My Thoughts: This brush is ideal to apply concealer anywhere on your face. It's a bit small to apply in the under eye area, but it's perfect to highlight your nose and forehead! I also use it around my nose (like those hard to reach areas). I even use it to apply contour under my bottom lip. It's a small handy brush! It's perfect for those smaller and harder to reach areas! It's perfect for liquid, cream and powder products!

Brush #5





Brush #6:
-Purpose: For nose contour
-Size: Small and thin
-My Thoughts: On the website, it says that you can use this brush for multiple stuff, but in my opinion, it's amazing for your nose contour! It's thin, so it fits perfectly! It's ideal for cream, liquid and powder products! I never used cream or liquid products to contour my nose, since I never had a good brush to blend the product. This brush changed everything! Contouring my nose has never been so easy! It just leaves such a natural look! This is my favorite brush in this set! I've been using it everyday ever since I received this set!

Brush #6





Brush #7:
-Purpose: To contour your nose or to define your eyebrows!
-Size: A lot smaller and thinner than Brush #6
-My Thoughts: This brush is very similar to Brush #6, but it's a lot smaller and thinner. I tried it out for multiple things, but I only prefer it for nose contour! It' more dense than Brush #6, so it blends liquid and cream products even better! Since this brush isn't as long as Brush #6, you do have a bit more control. If my other brush is dirty, I'll reach for this brush! I also use it when I need to blend out my concealer to define my brows! It's the perfect size for it and it blends everything effortlessly!

Brush #7




Brush #8:
-Purpose: For eyeliner or eyeshadow
-Size: Really small and thin
-My Thoughts: I used this to apply my liner on my bottom lash line. It does an ok job. You can even use this brush to blend out eyeshadow on your bottom lash line. It blends everything nicely! I'm not crazy about this brush. I just don't see myself reaching for this kind of brush for liner or eyeshadow!


Brush #8


Brush #9:
-Purpose: For lip products or eyeshadow
-Size: Small (circular)
-My Thoughts: This is another brush that I'm not blown away by. I've used it to apply lipstick and lip gloss before, but I find my Sephora lip brush does a better job. I've used it in my crease to apply eyeshadow and it does an alright job. I definitely prefer my other eyeshadow brushes over this! It's another brush that I won't be reaching for.

Brush #9




Brush #10:
-Purpose: For lip products and eyeshadow
-Size: Smaller (circular) and more dense than Brush #9
-My Thoughts: Just like the Brush #9, I'm not a fan of this brush either. It's very similar to the Brush #9, this one is just more dense. I just use this brush for those harder to reach areas to apply my concealer. Other than that, I don't really reach for this brush.

Brush #10



So bottom line, I really do like this brush set! There are a few brushes that I'm not a fan of, but the majority are really nice! It's such an affordable brush set, that you guys can't go wrong with it! These have definitely passed my expectations! I hope you guys found this review useful! Like I said, check out their website! They have a lot of affordable things!


I used most of the brushes from this set to do my makeup in this picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment