August 2, 2016

July Favorites 2016 (Makeup)

It's that time of the month again! I've been playing with tons of makeup recently! I always love to be caught up with the trend and the new products in the market. So ya, I have a few new favorites this month. I'm trying not to be too repetitive on my blog, but some products I just can't stop using! 

July Favorites!


Let's start off with eyeshadow palettes. I mean the Anastasia Beverly Hills Renaissance Palette is definitely my favorite again this month. Who doesn't love the beautiful mixture of reds, oranges, pinks and neutrals! This month I been playing more with the reddish and orange shades! They're not colors that I normally reach for, but I need to get out of my comfort zone! I already spoke about this palette last month, so check out my June Favorites here. The next palette that I wanted to mention is the original Tartelette by Tarte. Last month, I been using the Tartelette in Bloom non stop, so I decided to give it a break. I did a " My Top 5 Favorite Eyeshadow Palettes" here. This palette was ranked #1! I just love this matte formula! It's super smooth, pigmented, blendable and long lasting! It has like no fallout! I've been playing with the purple tones a lot this month! I just been loving that soft purple look recently! I also reach for this palette a lot for the shade Wanderer. I find it the perfect shade for transition or the crease! Another shade that I been loving is Dreamer! It's the perfect neutral brown for the crease or even just to create that soft brown smokey eye! I'm just obsessed with both these eyeshadow palettes! It's right up my alley!


I'm beyond obsessed with both these palettes!


I mentioned this in my previous Favorites, but I'm just in love with Makeup Geek Eyeshadows! If you're a freelance artist, you need these! I take my customized palette everywhere! I purchased the new shade Ritzy that I just been dying over! It's a gorgeous reddish brown base with gold and green reflects. It may not sound like "omg", but once you put this shade on the lid, it's just out of this world! A lot of my clients have been choosing this color as their lid shade and it just looks so stunning, especially on medium and dark skin tones! It just adds a pop to the lid without it being too much! I highly recommend that you guys check this shade out!



Ritzy by Makeup Geek


I also been loving these Coral Mariee Pressed Glitters! They're super pigmented and smooth! They wear a good 5 hours before fading away! I just love the concept of these! It's a pressed glitter, so you don't have to worry about creating a mess or buying glitter glue! These will stick to your lid! Coral Mariee has a gorgeous shade range, so definitely go check them out! I definitely have a few shades that I want to purchase from them! I reviewed the pressed glitters that I got sent, so check it out here


How gorgeous are these shades?!



Moving right along, you know I'm going to be mentioning highlighters. It doesn't matter what the season is, but highlighters are a must! So, I been using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in That Glow non stop this month! I mean this palette is pure perfection! I can't think of one bad thing about this palette. It's legit just pure perfection and I think this palette is going to make it into my Holy Grail! You get 4 huge highlighters. There's a mixture of different shades so that there is something for every skin tone! This honestly makes it ideal to have in your makeup kit if you're a freelancer! The powders are all buttery smooth! They're super pigmented and long lasting! They also blend like a dream. That Glow comes with a beautiful pale gold, bronze, champagne and gold shade! You can even just mix the powders together to create a custom shade! Like, this palette is very versatile! I even wore a few of these shades as eyeshadows! Like, I just can't get enough of it! 
Everyone needs a Glow Kit!



I also wanted to mention MAC's Otherearthly again, because this highlighter is beyond beautiful! I've been obsessed with this pink shade! I don't tend to go for pink highlighters, but this shade is just a beautiful iridescent pink! It's a shade that would compliment any skin tone! I also love the silver shade! Again, not something that I normally reach for, but it gives you a break from gold highlighters! I love to mix both these shades! Again, the formula is amazing! These powders are super smooth and pigmented! They're long lasting and super blendable! They don't emphasize pores or anything, so it makes it an ideal highlighter! It's still available on The Bay's website, so get your hands on it before it's gone (it's limited edition)! The last highlighter that I want to mention is none other than the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. This was probably my first ever highlighter! It's a staple for sure! This is a beautiful champagne gold shade. It has a metallic finish to it, which makes it bold! It's super pigmented and smooth! It blends really nicely and it's super long wearing. I had a client that wanted a glowy dewy look and this was the key player. We used the strobing technique and she was legit glowing for the gods! I highly recommend that everyone has this highlighter in their collection! Like, I've had it for years and even though there's a ton of new highlighters in the market, I find myself reaching for this highlighter often! 


These are my other favorite highlighters!


For some reason, I been using the same lip products for a few months now with just a few new additions. Like, this Lip Gloss by Anastasia Beverly Hills in Gilded became my favorite lip gloss! It's a beautiful warm antique gold with a ton of shimmer in it! ABH Lip Glosses are very pigmented! Like, you don't even need to put a lipstick under this gloss, you can just wear them on it's own! It's super smooth and it lasts a lot longer than most lip glosses that I've tried! It's not sticky, which is something that I love! It's honestly so comfortable! I also love the dope foot applicator! It's the perfect size! I been pairing this lip gloss a lot with neutral eye makeup and it just looks stunning! Even with glitter, this lip gloss just helps put the whole look together! I also been loving the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi. I been doing a lot of bold eye makeup lately and I find this the perfect pinky nude that puts the look together! It's not too light or pinky, it's honestly the perfect nude! These Soft Matte Lip Creams aren't liquid lipsticks, so they're not super long wearing. They're in between a lipstick and liquid lipstick. So, if you eat or drink, it'll start to come off, but if you don't it'll last you longer than a regular lipstick would! They're super pigmented and feel comfortable on the lips! I own several shades and I would say Abu Dhabi is my favorite nude from their line! 

My go to lip products of the month!


I also wanted to give my Bobbi Brown University Lip Paletteshout out. This is the lip palette that I use for my clients and honestly, it's been saving me! It's so convenient to have this palette instead of carrying 10 lipsticks! The shade range is also stunning! You have a mixture of nudes, reds, berries, mauves and pinks! The formula is also really nice! They have the right amount of pigment! I find them a lot more long wearing than a average lipstick! They don't bleed! You can always mix and match colors! I did a quick review on it, if you guys are interested here. This is a freelancers dream lip palette! It's worth every penny!


This is an amazing lip palette! 


I also been obsessed with the Nyx Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray. I've had this for awhile and I never really used it until July and wow, I'm impressed with this stuff! This definitely keeps you matte! I still do my usual makeup routine, but I replace my Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray with this stuff. It's going to help your makeup last throughout the day and keep you from getting oily! Even in this heat, it does a really good job! I don't think it's exactly like the UD All Nighter, but it's very similar and it's an amazing alternative, if you're on a budget! The main difference that I saw between the two is that the UD All Nighter lasts a lot longer! I find with the Nyx Matte Finish, I have to respray it after 4-5 hours or else I get shinny in my t zone! Other than that, I love this stuff! It's super light and fragrance free!

A really nice Setting Spray! 


The last product that I wanted to mention is the Gerard Cosmetics BB+ Illumination. This is just a gorgeous gold illuminator! I love to mix it in with my foundation. It just gives a beautiful healthy glow! It's honestly like you're glowing within! This stuff doesn't have shimmer or glitter in it, which is why it just looks so natural! You can even just apply this on your bare face and it'll look amazing! I also just dab this on the high points of my cheek bones and use a powder highlighter on top of it! It just gives that wet highlight look that I been loving lately! I just been getting great use out of this! Whenever I create a dewy look on myself or a client, I always reach for this stuff! 

If you love to glow, you'll love this! 

That's it for my July Favorites! I know I already mentioned a few of these products in my previous Favorites, but they're products that I just can't get enough of! Like, when I love a product, I just keep on using it until I get tired of it! Check out my previous Favorites though, because I do try my best to alternate between products! There's a ton of products that I love, but I spread them out, so that my posts aren't super long! But ya, I hope you guys liked this month's Favorites! Let me know which products you been enjoying! I'll be posting my "What's in my Makeup Travel Bag?" in a few days, so look out for that! I know I said I would review the Nars Outer Limits Eyeshadow before I leave on vacation, but I doubt that's going to be possible, because I been super busy and I haven't had the chance to play with it! It'll be the first post that I write once I get back! 


No comments:

Post a Comment