July 20, 2016

Coral Mariee: Pressed Glitter Review

Hey guys, I'm bringing to you yet another review. I was really excited to write this review, because this is a fairly new cosmetics brand in the market. I came across this brand on Instagram. Coral Mariee launched not even a few months ago, so I was really excited to try their pressed glitters! As you guys know, glitter has been really trending this year! I've seen several companies now with pressed glitters! I just find it so amazing that people just start their own cosmetics line! I can't imagine how hard they work, that's why I love supporting new brands! I love networking with them, getting to know them and just helping them out where I can. I been exchanging messages for awhile with this brand and I was just so excited to try their products! If you're a blogger, be sure to connect with brands, especially the newer and smaller ones! It's so important to network and just help one another out! By doing that, not only are you helping them, but they're helping you by providing new content for your blog! So, this kind of stuff works both ways! Anyways, this introduction is getting super long, so let's just get into this review!

Coral Mariee Pressed Glitters


Let's talk about the packaging. The packaging isn't anything fancy, they're just normal pots with the logo on top. The pots are somewhat sturdy. You can definitely travel with them! The pots may seem little, but each pot comes with 3g of product! In my opinion, that's a generous amount! You'll see that you use very little product, so these pots will definitely last you for a long time! Each pot retails for £2.99 (about $5CAD), which is really not bad, since you do get a great amount of product! Coral Mariee also sells Ready Made Palettes (so the pressed glitters come in a pan), which retails for £10 (about $17CAD). They come with 6 pressed glitters, which is a great deal! They ship worldwide! All the products are vegan and cruelty free! You can purchase them here. They're only sold through their official website for the moment! You can find them on Instagram at @coral_mariee_


The cover of each pot!

How stunning are these shades?! Each pot comes with a generous amount of product!


Coral Mariee has a beautiful shade range! You have your typical neutral shades and some fun shades as well! As mentioned, they come in pots or you can get the ready made palettes! The shades that I received are Egyptian and Leprechaun. Egyptian is a beautiful medium gold and Leprechaun is a stunning emerald. These are all hand made! 


A closer look at both shades! 


Egyptian


Leprechaun

Swatches of both these pressed glitters! They're absolutely stunning!


The formula for both shades is very similar. The only thing is that my Leprechaun is just a bit dry. It was leaking when I received it, so I'm guessing something happened when it was on it's way to my house ( Egyptian was in perfect condition!). However, I added a tiny bit of beauty oil (the Josie Maran Argan Oil). It became creamy again! They're both really pigmented! A little goes a long way! The consistency is kind of like a cream eyeshadow, but thicker. It's really smooth! The best way to apply these is with a flat synthetic brush or your fingers. It's important that you pat or press these onto your lid! Don't swipe them or else it'll look streaky! It's also important that you use Mac Paint Pot or something with that dry tacky base, so that these pressed glitters don't slip and slide on your lid. You can even just set your eye lid with translucent powder before applying these and that'll prevent it from moving around! Make sure you don't pick up too much product or else these will transfer into your crease! I pack them on lightly and build them up as needed. Now, these do transfer a little bit no matter what you do. Especially if you have hooded eyes like myself, a tad bit will get in your crease. To prevent a lot of it from transferring, I took a flat synthetic brush and sprayed the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray and dabbed it on my lid. I find once I did this, the glitter stayed in place and only a tad bit transferred! There is a little bit of fall out, so it's best to do your eyes first and then your foundation. You can also use those Shadow Shields (this is what I use, because I love to do my foundation first)! These will wear for a strong 5 hours, after that it does start to fade away slowly. You can always use a metallic eyeshadow  underneath and pop the pressed glitter on top, so that it doesn't look like the glitter is fading away! Other than that, these are absolutely amazing! They really put the whole look together! It's definitely a unique concept! It doesn't create a mess like loose glitter does and it's so easy to apply! You don't need glitter glue or anything!

With Leprechaun on. I did a 3D Smokey Eye with this shade!


I don't normally wear green, but I'm absolutely loving this shade!


This is with Egyptian on! I applied it all over my lid! 


Overall, I love these pressed glitters! If you love glitter, these are a must have! They're great quality for the price! Like, you really can't go wrong with them! I'll definitely be picking up products from this brand! I hope you guys liked this review! Definitely go check out Coral Mariee! You guys won't regret it! Their pictures on Instagram will make you drool! Hopefully I can talk about more new brands on my blog! If you guys know any brands that are just starting off with great products, leave a message down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment