January 31, 2016

January Haul 2016 (Makeup)

Hey lovelies! I'm bringing to you my first haul of 2016! Wow, this month just flew by! I feel like it was yesterday that it just turned 2016! I hope you guys all had an amazing month! I was just busy, like usual with work and school! I'm running out of storage for my makeup, so  I have to keep it in a bag. Like, it's getting ridiculous! I want to buy storage for it, but I know I won't be living with my parents forever. So, I'm like do I buy something for temporary or something I'll use forever. So ya and also, you guys know I'll be freelancing soon. I been spending a lot of money on that! I'm still missing a bit of furniture, however, my kit is almost done! If you guys want me to talk about it, I definitely will! So ya, let's just get into this haul now!


A few new products in my haul!



I'll start off with my purchase from Beautylish! This was my first time purchasing from Beautylish. They're an online store that sells a lot of the highend and famous brands such as Jeffree Star, Natasha Denona, Morphe, Wayne Goss, Ardency Inn and so on! Also to my Canadian viewers, they offer free shipping when you spend $35USD and more! Which is amazing, because all these brands, Jeffree Star, Morphe, Anastsia Beverly Hills and so on, charge for shipping! It's a great way to save money! Also, their shipping is pretty fast! I ordered during the holidays and I got my order less than 2 weeks (like 12 days!). Their customer service is also amazing! They're so kind and really value your business with them! You get a postcard with your purchase that thanks you for ordering from them! The packaging is also so stunning! They also send you a text to make sure that you received your order! Honestly, you can't go wrong with them! Anyways, so I purchased 2 of the Jeffree Star Velour Lip Scrubs! I got them in Spearmint and Mojito. Honestly, these flavors are just so creative and the packaging is so pretty! Who knew lip scrubs would be so interesting and cute? I've tried both of them on and I love them both! I'll be posting a review on these, so I'm not going in depth with these for now! Next, I purchased 2 Lit Cosmetics Glitters. I got the shades Rich & Famous and Vegas. I've only tried Vegas on and I'm obsessed! I never used to like glitter, but honestly, now I'm all about that glitter life! Vegas is a gold base with multi colored holographic glitter! It's very opaque and I love it! Rich & Famous is a medium brown base with multi colored holographic glitter! I'm not a fan of the packaging, I find it gets messy really quickly, but other than that, love these!


My Beautylish products!



Next, I've placed 2 orders online at Sephora. I also went to my local Sephora quick quick. I purchased the Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette. The reason that I bought this is because it was only $38CAD I believe. On top of it, on boxing day, Sephora had 20% off on sales items. So, this was just too good to pass up on! I still didn't play with this palette, but I thought I needed color in my life, especially since I'll be freelancing soon! Next, I purchased the Tarte Tartiest Lip Crayon in Latergram. I originally wanted to purchase the lip paints, but the shades that I wanted were sold out at my local Sephora. Latergram is just your typical mauvey nude. I still haven't tried it on, but the formula seems really smooth, so I can't wait to play with this! Next, I purchased the Sephora Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer in Pecan Pie. This shade is a bit dark. I bought it mostly to conceal my imperfections. I bought the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer last month, which was too light for me, so I figured I can mix them both. So far, I really do like this concealer on it's own and with the Urban Decay concealer!

What's a haul without Sephora products?!

Next, I purchased the Dior Glowing Gardens Illuminating Powder in the shade 002 Glowing Nude. Holyyyyy, this has the word perfection written all over it! I've always wanted to try Dior's illuminating powders, because people rave about them, but I could never justify the price! This year, I decided to give it a go and I'm so happy that I did! Glowing Nude is a light-medium gold with slightly peachy undertones to it. It's absolutely stunning and I see this shade working for several skin tones! The formula is also really nice! I'm thinking of writing a review on it, so let me know if you guys are interested! Lastly from Sephora, I purchased the Sephora Express Cleansing Wipes. I think this is the 4th time that I purchased these wipes. They're a lot cheaper than the other brands, which is why I always gravitate towards these! However, there's nothing omg about these wipes! I just bought them for my kit!

That Dior highlighter tho!! 



Next, I placed a order on the Nyx website! They finally ship to Canada, so I got really excited and had to place a order! However, a lot of their stuff is sold out! So, I only got a portion of the things that I wanted. I purchased 3 lip liners. I got the shades Nude Pink (medium nude pink), Pinky (bright fushia) and Soft Brown (medium warm nude). I really like the formula of these lip liners! Like for $5, you can't go wrong! I'm trying to get the basic lip liner colors for my kit and these were the ones that I was missing! I wanted to pick up more shades, but a lot of them were sold out! Next, I purchased the new Nyx Lingerie liquid lipstick in the shade Push-Up. I only purchased this shade, because all the other shades were sold out and I really wanted to try the formula! Push-Up is a beautiful light-medium pinky nude! I thought this would be the perfect shade for any makeup look! I really do like it and I plan on getting the other shades! Here is a review on this liquid lipstick http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2016/01/nyx-lingerie-liquid-lipstick-in-push-up.html. Next, I purchased the Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Dubai. I'll be honest, I just bought this because it was called Dubai. I'm obsessed with Dubai and I would love to live there, so ya, that's my reason to buying this (wasn't necessary). Dubai is a part of the new shades that Nyx released this year! It's a nice medium chocolate brown! I still haven't tried this shade on, but I already own a lot of the Soft Matte Lip Creams and I absolutely love them! Lastly from Nyx, I purchased the Pro Lip Cream Palette in The Nudes. I believe this is also new. It looks exactly like the MAC lip cream palettes! They come in several shades. I decided to stick with the nude one, since my Bobbi Brown Lip Palette didn't have any true nudes. I felt like this palette was perfect for my kit, so I wanted to give it a go. I still haven't played with this yet, but I definitely will soon! So, if you want a review on this, let me know!



Lip products from Nyx! 



I also took a peek in the cosmetic department at Maxi. I was originally looking for Milani products, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. However, I came across these Annabelle Glitterama Liquid Eyeliners. I've been looking for the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliners, but I couldn't find the shades that I want! So, I figured I'd give these a go. I purchased the shades Solar Flare (gold glitter) and Plutonium (silver glitter). These are the same concepts as the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliners. I wanted these, so that I can create Tamanna's famous double wing look! However, these are not as pigmented as the Urban Decay ones! The wand also doesn't pick up a lot of product, so you have to keep digging for it! I'm still going to give it another go, but so far, I'm not impressed!

You can never have enough glitter! 



Next, I purchased from the Bay's website. I got 2 products that I been wanting for a really long time! I actually had no idea that the Bay carried these, until I was just browsing on their website! The first product I purchased is the Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder in Crystal. I've been patiently waiting for Sephora to restock this and they never did. So, I was really happy when I saw this on the Bay's website! I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I definitely can't wait to try this!

Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder in Crystal


I also purchased the Becca Afterglow Palette. I believed this was a Ulta exclusive, so I was really happy that the Bay carried this (Ulta doesn't ship to Canada or internationally)! I really wanted this palette, because I love the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors and I've always wanted to try their blushes! The packaging on this is gorgeous, but I'm going to be honest, this is a lot smaller than I thought it would be! The sizes of the pans are not that big, they're like eyeshadow sizes. So, I'm pretty disappointed about that. However, I don't regret getting this palette. It's super handy and I really like the shades in this palette! It comes with 3 highlighters and 2 blushes. The highlighters are Moonstone, Rose Gold and Topaz. I already have Moonstone in the full size that I absolutely love and I've been eyeing Rose Gold for awhile! The blushes are Wild Honey and Flowerchild. These are the popular blush shades that everyone raves about, so I'm excited to wear these! I think the Bay only has a few palettes left now (online only), so be sure to purchase this palette ASAP!

Becca Afterglow Palette




Next, I finally received my order from Gerard Cosmetics! I placed this order on Boxing Day and I only received it last week or something. They have a lot of good deals going on, so I highly recommend that you check their sales section! If the Canadian Dollar wasn't so low, I would have definitely picked up more goodies! I purchased 2 of the star powders (highlighters)! I've been dying to try these! I've heard nothing, but good things about them! I got the shades Audrey (warm champagne gold) and Marilyn (light gold). I still haven't used these, but I have a good feeling about them. I honestly have a highlighter problem! Next, I purchased 2 of the Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks. I got the shades Iced Mocha (a light-medium coffee brown) and Cher (warm rose with purple undertones). I still haven't tried these out yet, but again, I've heard really good things about them! So, we'll see how that goes. Next, since I spent more than $50USD, I got a free lipstick with my order (amazing right?)! I decided to get the shade Underground (cool grey with a hint of pink). My lipstick actually came damaged, so I'm kind of upset, but since it was free, I kind of let it go. I can still use it and that's what matters. I haven't tried it on yet, but I already own their lipsticks and I really do like their formula!

Love Gerard Cosmetics 




I also made a quick trip to MAC. I  bought 3 foundations for my kit. I purchased 2 Pro Longwear  foundations in the shades NW15 and NW18. I also purchased the Face and Body foundation in N1. I actually have a bride in March and she has fair skin, so I decided to add some light foundations to my kit. I only had one light foundation before and it had pink undertones, so I was like just to be safe! If you been following my blog, then you know I don't really use MAC foundations. The Pro Longwear broke me out when I was little (aka 17), so I never really went back to it, but I know this is a staple foundation for makeup artists. They also cover almost every shade range, so it's definitely a good option. I actually love how it wears and looks. I've never tried the Face and Body foundation, but I heard great things about it. It has a light-medium coverage, so it definitely gives you a break from the full coverage that you get from the Pro Longwear.

Just some foundations for my kit!



Lastly, I made a trip to Walmart. I actually went to pick up the L'Oréal Infallible foundations for my kit, but they didn't have the shades that I wanted. However, I came across the L'Oréal True Match Lumi Cushion foundation! I actually picked it up at Pharmaprix a few days before. I got the shade N5.5, however it was too light for me. Pharmaprix had no testers and so, I had to guess my shade. I was comparing the shades to the other True Match foundations, but it just didn't go well. I spent no jokes 20 minutes trying to find my shade. I even started checking swatches online, but ya. On top of it, I spent $25CAD on it and lost the receipt. At Walmart, it was $20CAD. They also didn't have testers. I did play with the foundation that I purchased and I really liked the results of it! So, I just went for it and purchased the shade W5.5, which was the darkest shade. It suits me perfectly! So, I'm happy! However, if you're darker than me, they don't have anything for you. I find the shade range could have been better. They have a lot of shades for people with light-medium skin and not much for people that are darker. By the way, I have medium skin (I fall mainly in between medium to tan, but more on the medium side, if that makes sense). So ya, that's my story for the cushion foundations from L'Oréal! I'm writing a review on these new foundations, so stay tuned for that! Lastly, I purchased the Kiss eyelashes. This came with 5 pairs of eyelashes for $12CAD (around that price point). It also came with a mini applicator. I thought these would be perfect for my kit. The eyelashes aren't too thick or long, so it's perfect for people that want a natural look! 

Drugstore goodies



Alright, so that's it for the products that I purchased! Now, I'm just going to show you a few things that I got for Christmas. This was from my secret Santa, so it should have been in my December Haul. However, my friends and I did our Christmas party after I posted my December Haul so ya! I got the Make Up For Ever Glitters in shade 1. This is the perfect true gold glitter. It reflects gold, unlike my Lit Cosmetics one. I'm not a fan of this packaging either, it's very messy (worst than Lit Cosmetics). However, it's gorgeous and I can't wait to create looks with it! Next, I got 2 Sephora Pomegranate Eye Masks and 2 Green Tea  Eye Masks. I also got the Pearl Sleeping Mask and the Ginseng Sleeping Mask. I absolutely love these masks! I mentioned them in my 2015 Favorites! I absolutely loved my gifts!






That concludes my first haul of 2016! I know that was a lot of stuff! I just want to finish building my kit, which is why I got a lot of things. I want to be able to have a lot of options and not stress about buying products once I start freelancing. I'm just missing a few foundation shades, but I'm just going to buy them as I need them. I pay full price at Mac, since I don't have my Pro Discount card, so ya. I'm going to try to get all my reviews up in February! However, I have a feeling February is going to be super busy. I'm making my public announcement next week about freelancing. I'm super excited and super nervous at the same time, but honestly, if you're passionate about something, go for it! The reason I'm saying this is because I know I have viewers that are interested in makeup, but scared to make that first step. I was the same! However, once I started blogging, honestly it just became my "happy zone". I just get so excited to talk about what I love! I may not be the best blogger out there, but honestly, it doesn't even matter. Ya blogging takes up a lot of time, but honestly, it doesn't even bother me! Even with freelancing, like guys, I been working on it for almost a year! I always did peoples makeup, but I was never serious about it. I also never had the confidence to start it, but look where I am now. Like, all it takes is the first step! It's worth giving it a try, then to be thinking about it all your life! Like, I don't know how the whole freelancing thing is going to go, but it's worth a shot! I know this was completely off topic, I just want to motivate those of you that always doubted yourself. I always doubted myself before and that's why I never started all this earlier. I just want you guys to start following your dreams and start setting goals! It's going to turn your life around, trust me! :) Anyways, I think this post is getting way too long! If you read all this, thank you so much and if you have any questions, feel free to email me! Hope you all have an amazing week! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment