January 18, 2016

Best of Beauty 2015

Hey guys! So, I decided to share with you guys my new favorite makeup products from 2015. I tried my best to keep up with the new and trending products, but a girl just has bills to pay. I couldn't afford every new product that came out, it was impossible. So, I basically purchased the products that I really wanted and that I heard great things about. I also purchased things that I was missing in my collection and kit. Overall, I liked a lot of the products that I purchased! I got great use out of them and I reviewed a bunch of things, so feel free to check out my previous posts! This list was hard to make! I decided I'll make a separate post about my "Holy Grail" products, because I just want to focus on what I purchased in 2015. I know a lot of beauty gurus do a yearly update on their holy grail and I was thinking about doing that, but I don't want to be too repetitive on my blog. I'm picky with makeup, so my holy grail doesn't change much. I did monthly hauls and some products I never even mentioned after the hauls, so I'm sure you guys have been thinking if it worked out or not. However, if one of my new products is a holy grail, I'll definitely mention that! So ya, this post is a mixture of new products released in 2015 and older products that I never purchased! Some things are limited edition (sorry) and some are permanent products! Hope you guys enjoy this post and sorry if it's long! I just found so amazing products! Just to let you know, nothing is in order! I just went with the flow!

A glimpse of my favorite products from 2015! 


Face Products:

-MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinishes in Oh, Darling and Shaft of Gold
These are EVERYTHING! They were a part of the MAC Holiday Collection, so I'm sorry, they were limited edition! I've been using these highlighters non stop ever since I got them! They're just so stunning! They're super pigmented! They blend like a dream and they're long wearing! Oh, Darling is a true gold (definitely a holy grail product), whereas Shaft of Gold is a light medium bronze with peachy undertones.  I do like Oh, Darling more than Shaft of Gold, but Shaft of Gold gives me a change from my gold highlighters! If you want, I wrote a review on these highlighters and I even have dupes or similar highlighters, so check it out http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/10/mac-magic-of-night-highlighter-in-oh.html .

-LA Girl Pro Concealers
These are a must! I've been using them to liquid contour and highlight. They come in so many shades! The coverage is medium, but you can definitely build it up! I love the applicator, it makes it easy to contour and highlight. The packaging isn't bulky, so it's perfect for travelling and makeup artists! They're pigmented and blend out really nicely! They're also long wearing and they're really cheap! You can't go wrong with these! I've been using them throughout the year and it's definitely a must have!

-Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop
This is another highlighter that I can't live without! Champagne Pop is a gorgeous pale gold with peachy undertones! It compliments any skin tone! It's long wearing and super pigmented! It also blends out really nicely! Before I purchased the MAC holiday collection highlighters, I've been using this highlighter! Like, Becca makes one of the best highlighters, so if you haven't purchased one, get one asap! It's now a permanent shade! I wrote a mini review on it, if you're interested http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/08/becca-x-jaclyn-hill-shimmering-skin.html

-Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
This is definitely a holy grail! I legit can't get over how well this powder works! It's perfect for baking and setting your makeup! The powder is so smooth! When I dust this on, my makeup doesn't move at all, even in the summer! It's so finely mild and I love how it has a vanilla tint to it! If you guys aren't aware of baking, then read my post on it! http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/08/the-baking-technique.html . I even talk about this setting powder on there!

-Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
My search for a good concealer is finally over! This concealer is everything and it's not expensive! I love the consistency of this concealer! It's so creamy and blends really nicely! It's medium coverage, but you can definitely build it up! The one thing that I love about it, is that it doesn't settle into my fine lines! That was my issue with most concealers that I've tried! So, it's such a relief that I found this concealer! It also doesn't crease that fast (but you should always set it with powder!). This is also a part of my holy grail!

-L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation
This is yet another holy grail! I've been obsessing over this foundation! It's so long wearing! It has the perfect coverage(medium, but you can build it up) and it's so light weight! It doesn't look cakey and has a matte finish (but not completely). It's also so affordable! Like, I can go on and on about this foundation you guys! This is another product that I reviewed on my blog http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/06/loreal-infallible-pro-matte-foundation.html

-Hourglass Ambient Lightning Palette
I can't believe I only purchased this product this year. I've been clearly missing out! This palette has such beautiful subtle highlighters! There's something for every skin tone! It leaves a natural highlight, which is perfect for brides or for anyone that wants to look like they're glowing within! They blend really nicely and they're super long wearing! This is also a part of my holy grail! I love to use this daily! If you been hesitating just like me, honestly, GO FOR IT! You won't regret it!

-Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Indiscretion
I know most of my favorite face products are highlighters, but I went ham on highlighters this year! This is yet another beautiful highlighter! This is a beautiful gold shimmered rose gold highlighter! It's pigmented and blends out really nicely. It's also long wearing! It has shimmer to it, but it doesn't look like too much is going on! It's also another highlighter that would suit any skin tone! I don't know why I never reviewed this highlighter on my blog, but it is one of my favorites! It was my go to highlighter during the summer!

-Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette
Kat Von D took me to a whole new world. This contour palette is everything!!! I've been using it almost every time that I do my makeup! I love the shades in this palette! There's something for every skin tone, which makes it heaven for a makeup artist! The powders are all buttery smooth and blend like a dream! They're super long wearing! You also get a lot of product for the price! Like, this is also a part of my holy grail!

-Benefit's Real Cheeky Party Palette
This palette is such a steal! For $50CAD, you get a ton of gorgeous products! You have the Hoola bronzer, blushes, highlighters and a mini They're Real Mascara. Every product in this palette is just gorgeous. Like, if you been wanting to try Benefit face products, you'll love this! Everything is super long wearing! It's also super pigmented and everything blends out so nicely! I use this palette on a daily basis!

-MUFE Pro Sculpting Duo in Gold (#2)
I purchased this because everyone was like this highlighter is a dupe for Whisper of Guilt and we all know WOG is raved about by everyone! I did end up loving this highlighter! It's super metallic, so it's a intense highlighter, which I love! It's more of a light medium  gold. It's super pigmented and blends really nicely. It's also long wearing. I used the highlighter all summer and I'm obsessed! It also comes with a bronzer. Originally, I didn't like it, because it swatched a bit orange on my hand. But, I started slowly using it and it blends really nicely! I just don't use a lot of product, because I'm scared that I'll look orange. The formula of the bronzer is also really nice! Overall, this is an amazing compact!

A few Face Products that I mentioned



Eye Products:

-Tartelette by Tarte
I've never been super obsessed with an eyeshadow palette until I purchased this one! It's such a beautiful matte eyeshadow palette! There's a beautiful mixture of neutrals, mauves and purples! I love this as an everyday eyeshadow palette. When I'm going out, I love to use this palette for my crease and transition shades! I literally get so much use out of it and I always reach for this eyeshadow palette every time I do my makeup (no jokes). The quality of the eyeshadows are also amazing! They're super pigmented and blends really nicely. The eyeshadows also work well with each other and they're super long wearing! This is another holy grail product!

-Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadow in Synergy
This is a eyeshadow that I wanted to talk about on my blog, but I just got so busy, that I kind of forgot (sorry!). However, Kat Von D killed it with the formula! It's basically a pressed pigment. It's super smooth and pigmented (like very pigmented!)! There's almost no fallout and it blends like a dream! It's also long wearing! Synergy is a medium bronze. It's metallic, so it looks absolutely gorgeous on the lid! They're also huge, so you'll like never hit pan! I definitely think that Kat Von D should add more shades to the line, because these are just amazing!

-MUFE Artist Shadows Palette #1
MUFE has one of the best eyeshadow formulas in the market! When this palette was released in the beginning of the year, I couldn't miss out on it! The eyeshadows in this palette are all buttery smooth and super pigmented. They blend really nicely and they're super long wearing. I've used this palette so much, but since you use very little product, it looks like I barely touched it! They have 2 other shades now, but I stuck to the neutral palette! I also posted a full review on this http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/05/make-up-for-ever-artist-palette-volume.html

-L'Oréal La Couleur Infallible Eyeshadow in Goldmine
If you guys want a pressed gold pigment, this is definitely the one! It's been my go to for the past few months! It's super pigmented and smooth! It's not patchy at all! There's a bit of fallout to it, but if you wet your brush with MAC Fix Plus, then there's no fallout and it appears even more opaque! It blends really well with other eyeshadows and it's super long wearing! The shade Goldmine is a pure yellow gold! It's not too yellow and it's not too pale, so it compliments every skin tone! In general, the L'Oréal pressed pigments are amazing, so give them a go! I know I'll be getting more colors for sure!

-Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Palette
I've already mentioned this palette a few times on my blog, but yes I'm obsessed with it! It's another matte palette with gorgeous shades! It has your neutrals and smokey eye colors! The eyeshadows are all pigmented and blend nicely! They wear pretty long. The top 2 shades (the slightly yellow one and the peachy one) work really well as highlighting powders! Even the light taupe shade, I've contoured with it lightly and it also worked well! You honestly can't go wrong with this palette!

-Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadow Couture Palette
I love ABH palettes! They're so affordable and they come with such beautiful shades! I know ABH released a few palettes this year, but I personally love the Shadow Couture Palette the most! The colors are gorgeous in this palette! You have your neutrals and pop out colors! The colors all work well with one another! The eyeshadows are pigmented and have minimal fallout. They also blend out nicely and they're pretty long wearing! It has a mixture of mattes, shimmers and satins! I find this is a good palette to have! It's different, but super wearable.

-House of Lashes: Iconic lashes
I love these for a  full glam look! They're full and long! If you're not used to lashes, they may seem a bit too dramatic, but I find they put the look together! The band is a bit thick, so I keep the makeup simple, since I have hooded eyes and the band is more than half of my lid space. I love the criss-cross pattern, it makes them look bold! These are my favorite pair from House of Lashes! You don't need to put mascara on these!

-Morphe 35T eyeshadow Palette
I swear Morphe legit has amazing products for such good prices! This palette is definitely a must have! You have a mixture of neutrals, taupes, mauves, golds and purples! The eyeshadows are so pigmented and blend out really nicely! They're also long wearing and have no fallout! You can create infinite looks with this palette! You have 35 eyeshadows! There's a mixture of mattes, shimmers, duochromes and satins! I featured it in my All Time Favorite Eyeshadow Palettes, if you guys want a to read short review on this palette http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/11/my-top-5-favorite-eyeshadow-palettes.html

-Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner in Black
This is the best gel liner I've ever used! I even like it better than the Inglot one, because it doesn't dry up as quickly! I honestly LOVE the formula of this! It's super pigmented and smooth! It's super long wearing, like I can go a full day without having it smudge or budge! It's truly that amazing! It's also not a pain to take it off! It's expensive, but I find it's worth the price! This is definitely a part of my holy grail!

-MAC Pigments 
If you been reading my monthly hauls, then you know I've been obsessing over MAC pigments! I got a bunch of the travel size pigments! I never used to like them before, but now I'm obsessed! I love how MAC has a large variety of shades! There's something for everyone! I love the way they wear and I love how opaque they are! They're also super long wearing! I've been obsessed with the colors Melon and Reflects Gold (not sure if that one is limited edition or not).

-Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows
I love this! It's a dupe for ABH's Brow Wiz! The only thing it's missing is a spooly! It's really pigmented, so you only need a tiny bit of product! It's also really long wearing and it doesn't budge. It's very convinent and it's cheaper than the Brow Wiz! The only downfall of this product is that there aren't many shades in the line, but they have the universal shades. I really think Clinique should expand in the shade range, because it's a great product! It's also a lot cheaper than the ABH Brow Wiz!

-Carli Bybel Palette by Bh Cosmetics
Guys, this palette is a must have! I love the shades in this palette! There's something for any and every skin tone! The formula is also really nice! Both eyeshadows and highlighters are super pigmented! They blend like a dream and they're pretty long wearing! The eyeshadows just have a bit of fallout, which can be annoying, but again, just spray MAC Fix Plus on your brush! This palette is also so affordable, like you can't go wrong with it! Here's a mini review on it http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/12/bh-cosmetics-carli-bybel-palette-hot-or.html

-Morphe Lashes in WSP and #217
These have to be my favorite lashes of all time! I never used to like fake lashes, until I purchased these! They're both so natural! They just put the whole look together; whether it's a full glam or a everyday natural look! I also love how the band is thin on these lashes! You honestly don't even need to apply mascara on these! I highly recommend both these lashes! The WSP are long, but they criss cross! They're full, but they're not too much! The #217 are just long and thin, but they look so natural! You can put mascara on them if you want, but it's not necessary. I just put a bit of mascara on them and I've been reusing them since October!

-Huda Beauty Lashes in Scarlett
These lashes are so gorgeous! They're the perfect full glam lashes! They're long and have a lot of volume to them! I'm not used to big lashes like these, but honestly, they just open up my eyes! They have a thick band, which is annoying, but hey at least my eyelashes are on fleek! I did have to trim a bit off! You also don't need to put mascara on these! I feel like you can definitely reuse these at least 20 times! They're super good quality!

-Makeup Geek eyeshadows
I can't believe I only tried these eyeshadows this year! They're all amazing! I use them religiously, whether it's on myself or my clients! They have a ton of formulas now! My favorite has to be the mattes and the foiled eyeshadows! They also came out with the new duochrome eyeshadows that I haven't tried, but I'll definitely be getting them soon! The formula of all their eyeshadows are super pigmented and smooth! They blend out really nicely and have no fallout to them! They're also super long wearing! They have a wide shade range, so there's something for any event or time! They're also super affordable (between $6-$10USD)! If you love to customize eyeshadow palettes, then Makeup Geek is your best bet! I got a medium Z Palette, but honestly, I need the huge one, because I just want them all!


A few of my favorite Eye Products



Lip Products

-Bobbi Brown University Lip Palette
So, this is my first lip palette and let me say that I'm obsessed! It's so convenient! I love the shade selection of this palette! There's a variety of different colors and there's something for every skin tone! I also love the formula of these lipsticks! They're buttery smooth and they last longer than most lipsticks! I did a mini review on it, if you guys are interested http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/12/bobbi-brown-university-lip-palette-hot.html

 -MAC lip liner in Stripdown and Soar
Who doesn't love MAC lip liners? I slowly started collecting MAC's lip liners! So far, my 2 favorite are Stripdown and Soar. Stripdown is the perfect medium brown! It's the perfect base for a nude lipstick! I have a few nudes that are too light for my skin, but as soon as I put Stripdown under them, the lipsticks just look gorgeous! Soar is that perfect mauvey/pinky nude! It's honestly stunning! I've been really into mauves lately. I love to shade my whole lip with this color and then, add a light pink in the center for a ombre lip! If you have a light pink that you find is too bright, this shade will definitely tone it down! Both these lip liners also look gorgeous without lipstick or lip gloss! I've worn them so many times on their own!

-MAC lipsticks in Stone, Whirl and Smoked Purple
I'm obsessed with MAC lipsticks, I legit just want to get every color that they have! Like, you think they have enough shades to choose from, but every year, they just keep on adding to their line! These 3 shades really stood out to me in 2015! Stone and Whirl are both new shades! Smoked Purple, I believe was around for a few years or it could have been new! Stone is the perfect taupe brown with greyish undertones. It's a bold color, but super wearable! I've been loving the taupe and grey lipstick shades this year! Whirl is a warm medium rosy brown. Again, it's a super gorgeous shade! It's more of a everyday color! Lastly, Smoked Purple is a deep eggplant. I've been into deep purple lipstick lately, so of course, I'm obsessed with this shade! It's the perfect Fall shade and I've got great use out of it!

-Lancome Le Lipstique in Natural Mauve
If you're looking for a long wearing lip liner, then the Lancome Le Lipstique is exactly what you're looking for! It's very pigmented and it's super creamy! It also doesn't dry out your lips! It doesn't completely disappear when you eat or drink! Natural Mauve is the perfect mauvey nude. It's more of a cool tone, but it looks flattering on almost any skin tone! I've been wearing this on it's own, but it also looks stunning with any nude or mauve lipstick or lip gloss! It also comes with a mini brush on the other end, which is so useful! I definitely want to get more shades!

-Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks
This was my first year trying Kat Von D's liquid lipsticks and let me say, I'm obsessed! They're super pigmented and long wearing! They don't dry up your lips! They also don't budge once they're on! They're just amazing! Kat Von D also added new shades this year to the line! They're all gorgeous! My favorite shades are Lolita (mauvey nude) and Damned (a blackened cherry). For sure, I'll be picking up more shades in 2016!

-Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks
I just had to mention these as well! Jeffree Star's makeup line is still fairly new, but he makes some of the best products! Especially the liquid lipsticks! No one can compare to his formula! They're super pigmented and come in very unique shades! They also don't budge and they don't dry out your lips! They're also super long wearing! Whether you eat or drink, your liquid lipstick is going nowhere! It can actually last the full day! The fact that it's so long wearing is exactly why I love his liquid lipsticks so much! The packaging is also very pretty and unique! I just love how Jeffree Star thinks outside of the box and I can't wait to see more products added to his line! If you haven't tried them, you're missing out on life!


A few of the Lip Products that I've been obsessing over!



Skincare Proucts

-Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream
If you have dry skin, then this is a must have! This gel cream leaves your face hydrated throughout the day! It also doesn't make your skin greasy! It has a nice texture to it and leaves your skin looking healthy! I get really dry during fall and winter, so this stuff has been saving me! Here's a review on it http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/09/laneige-water-bank-gel-cream-review.html.

-Sephora Masks
I've been obsessed with Sephora's new masks! They came out with the Sleeping Mask, the Eye Mask and the Face Mask. I've tried all 3 of them and I absolutely love them! They come with a lot of different masks with different effects! I've tried the Pearl, Green Tea, Rose and Ginseng ones, which I absolutely loved! They're only one time use, besides the Sleeping Masks, but you do see instant results! My skin just feels so hydrated and refresheed when I use any of these masks! They start at $5CAD, so I highly recommend that you guys look into it!

-L'Occitane Nourishing Shea Butter
Another product that's been helping me through this dry weather! I absolutely love this body cream! It's so moisturizing and keeps my skin healthy! My skin just feels so hydrated and nourished after I use this! It also doesn't feel greasy, which is something that I love about this product! I also love the smell of this! It's not overpowering at all! It's a bit pricey, but you get a ton of product! If this dry weather is making you flaky, give this a go! You won't regret it!

My favorite Skincare Products of the year



Makeup Brushes

-Younique Cream Shadow Brush
I've been loving this brush! I love to use this to apply eyeshadow on the lid! I use it for pigments, cream eyeshadows and regular eyeshadows! It's synthetic, so it picks up the product perfectly! I also love the shape of it and the bristles are cut in a unique way. I use the "press and slide" method to apply my lid colors and this works perfectly for it! It's just been a go to brush for me this year!

-Morphe M427 Brush
I love this brush for foundation! It's game changing! I love to use this brush to stipple in the foundation into my skin. The bristles are soft and I haven't had any shedding with this brush! I also like  how it's not too dense, so you can even use it  to dust on powder! It's also not too expensive! I just love this brush and I highly recommend it!

-Angel Merino Brush Set by Morphe 
This brush set is life! The brush selection is absolutely amazing! So, whether you're a beginner or a pro at makeup, there's something for everyone! The quality of the brushes are amazing! There's absolutely no shedding and they all work really well! The face brushes are so soft! There's a lot of MAC dupes in this set and it was super affordable! The packaging of these brushes are also to die for! It comes with a brush roll, so it's convenient to travel with them! If you guys manage to come across this, don't hesitate to buy it!

Brushes of the year! My Angel Merino brushes were dirty, so I didn't include all of them!



ColourPop Products
I decided to give ColourPop it's own heading, because I love all their products! By all, I mean their eyeshadows, lipsticks, lip liners and highlighters! They're super affordable ($5USD-$8USD), like no one can beat their prices! I also love their formula! Whatever the product may be, the pigmentation and blendability is amazing! They're pretty long wearing! Everything is also super smooth and glides on like butter! The shade selection is to die for! There's just so much to choose from! They came out with new liquid lipsticks, eye liners and gel liners that I still haven't tried! If I could, I'd buy every product that ColourPop has!


A few ColourPop products from my collection!


Other Beauty Products

-Makeup Eraser

This product is a must have! It gets rid of all your makeup, even waterproof mascara! It also gets rid of lash glue, which I always have a hard time getting rid of! The only thing is, for lash glue, you have to scrub a little harder and if your skin is sensitive, it'll turn red. Other than that, I have no complaints about it! It's so handy and you'll save a ton of makeup wipes! It's just annoying to wash it after every use, but it's not a big deal! Here's a quick review on it http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/05/makeup-eraser-original-makeup-eraser.html

-MAC Fix Plus in Cucumber
MAC came out with scented Fix Plus this year, which I thought was a brilliant idea! They came out with I believe 5 or 6 scents, but I managed to only get the Cucumber one sadly! I spray my face before makeup application with Fix Plus and the Cucumber scent just makes my face feel so refreshed and cool! I just think it makes the makeup application even more fun, especially because I love cucumbers! It's too bad that it was limited edition, because I really wanted to stock up on Fix Plus. If you guys are curious, I use Fix Plus to hydrate my face before makeup application and I spray it on my brush for the eyeshadow to be even more opaque! Occasionally, I use it after I apply my makeup for a dewy finish! Sometimes when I have no makeup on, I use it to give my face a slightly radiant healthy glow. It's super versatile and it's definitely a holy grail!



Alright, so we're finally done with this post! You guys, it took me forever to write this, so hopefully you guys liked it! I'll try to post my Holy Grail soon! I'm also going to do a holy grail for skincare and hair products, that's why I didn't mention too much about that! If you guys have any questions, please feel free to contact me! I hope everyone is having a great week and Happy New Year to my new viewers! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment