February 13, 2016

L'Oréal: True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation Review

L'Oréal released a new foundation this year that really caught my eye! If you been following my blog, then you know that I've been obsessed with the L'Oréal Infallible foundation! It's hands down my favorite foundation! I've also tried the original True Match and the True Match Lumi foundations, which I also really liked, so there's no surprise that I was going to give this one a go! The True Match Lumi Cushion foundation is something that's different. Recently, the whole cushion foundations have been trending in the makeup world! It's basically a foundation in a sponge (cushion) that comes in a compact. It was a Korean brand that started it and then Lancome released a cushion foundation. Now, a lot more brands this year are coming out with it, so it's definitely a popular trend! It's my first time trying a cushion foundation! I was a little hesitant about it at first, but now I find it's a pretty cool concept! So ya, let's get into the review!

LOréal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation


Starting off with the packaging, it comes in this white compact with a rose gold lid. The compact is also nice and sturdy! It's very travel friendly! You can easily pop this in your purse! When you open the lid, you have a mirror and a sponge. I don't like the sponge at all. I don't think it's the right tool to apply this foundation! You flip the lid and that's where the cushion is! They basically put the foundation in the cushion, so you take your beauty blender or brush and just swirl it in there! It's very important that the lid is shut tightly or else your foundation will dry up! It comes with 14.6g of product. The downfall of these cushion foundations is that they're not sanitary. It's not a liquid that you can dump on your hand or brush. You're literally digging into the cushion every time, which isn't very sanitary. I highly recommend that no one uses these in their freelance kits! You can purchase the L'Oréal cushion foundation at any drugstore or stores that sell L'Oréal products! I got mine at Pharmaprix and Walmart. Let me explain to you why I have two foundations!

I'm loving the rose gold packaging!



When you open the compact


Behind the white shield, you have the cushion

I'm going to tell you guys straight up that I don't like the shade range at all! They don't have a lot of shades! On top of it, both Pharmaprix and Walmart didn't have testers, so I had to guess on the shade! I was comparing the names and numbers with the other L'Oréal foundations. It was legit such a struggle! The sticker on the compact is supposed to correspond to the foundation shade, meaning it's supposed to show you how light or dark it is. I find it didn't help at all. The sticker looks a lot darker than the foundation itself! At Pharmaprix, I picked up N5.5, which seemed like a perfect neutral shade for someone with medium-tan skin. But, it was just way too light! This shade is for someone that's between light to medium skin! N5.5 was the darkest shade in the neutral undertones, so it's really weird. Also, at Pharmaprix this foundation was $25CAD! When I went to Walmart, it was only $20CAD! That's why I decided to purchase W5.5, because it was cheaper and I really liked the results of this foundation, so I was going to give it another go! Luckily, W5.5 matches me really well! It's just a tiny bit darker. This was the darkest shade in the warm undertones! So with that being said, if you're someone that's darker than my skin, then they don't have your shade! My skin falls between medium to tan, so ya, the shade selection is not the best! If you have light skin or you fall in between light and medium, then they have plenty of shades for you! I really do hope that they add on more shades in the future, because this is a nice foundation!


The shade W5.5


So, let's talk about the foundation itself. This is a luminous foundation, so it'll give you a nice dewy finish. It has sheer coverage. You can definitely build it up as you desire, but if you have a lot of breakouts, then this may not be your best option. Since it's sheer, everything will show! So, it's best to use a ton of primers and correctors before applying this foundation! If you're used to full coverage, this will be a huge change, so just keep that in mind! If you have fine lines under your eyes, be sure to layer on the primer twice or else, it's going to peek through! I used the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, which did the job and I didn't have to worry about my fine lines! I also baked that whole eye area to avoid creasing under my eye! I personally really like the results of it. Since it's winter, I do have more breakouts than usual, but I see myself using this daily during the summer! It's absolutely stunning! It's honestly your skin, but better! It has such a natural luminous glow that I really like! I also like the texture of this foundation. It blends really nicely and it feels super light on the skin! It's pretty long wearing. I find by the 7th hour, I do get oily in my t zone area. It started to slip and slide! So, it's important to set your oily areas or else, you'll just look like a oily mess!


My shade

This is what the foundation looks like on. It's nice and luminous!


Overall, I really like this foundation! It's the perfect sheer foundation. I know I'll get great use out of it in the summertime! Other than the shade range, I have nothing bad to say about it! I find L'Oréal does an amazing job with foundations! If you're on a budget and want a drugstore foundation, definitely check out L'Oréal! So ya, let me know your thoughts on this foundation! Also, let me know which foundations you guys recommend! Hope you guys are having a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Really nice post! I hope find it here in Brazil to test too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beautiful! :) I'm sure it will be available soon!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, I completely agree with you! It gives you a break from matte foundations! So happy that L'Oréal released this! :)

      Delete
  3. I tried this cushion from Loriel, i love everything but the problem is it easily finished.

    www.itsbeyondimaginations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really! I gave mine a break, but I wouldn't be surprised! I wish the price was a little less

      Delete