November 14, 2015

Peter Thomas Roth: Skinstant Mask Magic Review

 I've been really into Peter Thomas Roth's products lately! I have a bunch of samples from his line, as well as this set of masks that I purchased last year during the holidays! I wanted to review this earlier when I first started my blog, but I felt like I didn't use the masks enough, so I always pushed it back. However, now I know exactly how I feel about these masks and the good thing is that this set is currently back in stock at Sephora! Perfect timing right?!

Peter Thomas Roth masks


Basically, this Peter Thomas Roth Skinstant Mask Magic set comes with 3 masks (they're not full sizes!); the Cucumber Gel Mask, the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask and the Rose Stem Cell. Each mask comes with 50 ml of product. This set is currently available at Sephora for $52CAD. It's a perfect way to test out these masks, because the full size of a Peter Thomas Roth mask costs $60CAD and more!



Another view of the masks


These are Peter Thomas Roth's 3 famous masks that detoxify, repair and polish the skin! My skin is somewhat sensitive. I used to have really sensitive skin when I was younger, but throughout the years, it got better! None of these masks have caused a reaction with my skin, so I'm happy! I had absolutely no breakouts! The ingredients in these masks are all natural, which is why I really wanted to try these! Each mask is very different from one another! This set was made to cover nearly all the skin concerns! I'll break these masks down for you:

1)Cucumber Gel Mask:
This is described as a Extreme Detoxifying Hydrator. It's supposed to refresh, cool, moisturize, hydrate and soothe dry irritated skin! It has extracts of cucumber, papaya, chamomile, pineapple, orange, lemon and so on. As you can see, a lot of nice natural ingredients, which is something that I love to look for in a mask! You apply this like a normal mask and you leave it on for 10 minutes. Then, you rinse it off with cool water. For a very cool treatment, you can even refrigerate this mask. You can use it any time between 2-3 times a week.


The Cucumber Gel Mask


The product itself


I personally love this mask! I do find it really hydrating and cooling! It just soothes your skin and leaves the skin super soft! I also find my skin looks a lot healthier and more alive when I use this mask! I also love how the scent isn't too strong and I love the gel texture! I even refrigerated this mask and oh my god, it just feels divine! Overall, I just love the cool feeling that it gives! It's perfect after a long day at work! I highly recommend it!



2)Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
This is described as a Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer. It's a intensive skin resurfacer treatment that exfoliates with pumpkin enzyme, peels with alpha hydroxy acid and polishes with aluminum oxide (it's a three in one). It reveals smoother, younger looking, radiant and revitalized skin. I apply this mask in circular motion for a few minutes. I like to massage it into my skin with a little pressure (not too much). Then, you leave this mask on for 10 minutes and then you rinse it off with cool water!

Pumpkin Enzyme Mask


The product itself

If you don't like the smell of pumpkin, you'll legit hate the smell of this mask! However, I love pumpkin, so it doesn't bother me at all and it goes with the whole Fall theme! I'm really scared to try face exfoliaters, because in the past I broke out. However, I've had no problem with this mask! It exfoliates my skin without breaking me out! It just leaves my skin a little red, but after 10 minutes, the redness is gone! It's very effective! When I first used it, I felt my face tingle, because it wasn't used to it. Now it's normal. I really love how this mask leaves my skin polished! It gets rid of the dead skin and it revitalizes my skin! Overall, I love this mask and highly recommend it!



3)Rose Stem Cell Mask
This is described as a bio repair gel. It cutting edge plant biotechnology isolates and replicates five perfect reparative rose stem cells. It helps reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles. It regenerates, rejuvenates, hydrates, brightens, firms and tones  the skin. You apply this like a regular mask and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then, you rinse it off with cool water.

Rose Stem Cell Mask

The product itself

I love roses, so I absolutely love the smell of this mask! It's honestly divine! However, I saw no difference with this mask. It does leave my skin a lot smoother and it does hydrate my skin! I also noticed that it brightened my skin a tiny little bit, but that's about it. I didn't find that it toned or firmed my skin. I saw really good reviews that it's a good mask to help counteract visible signs of aging and since I'm still young (well 23), maybe that's why I didn't see much of a difference. Maybe someone that's in their 30's or 40's will see a difference. I don't know, it just didn't work for me.


So ya, that's the break down on these masks. This set is a really good value and it's the perfect way to test out these masks. Each tub is enough for around 10-15 uses, so it's really not that bad! I highly recommend you guys check it out! There's so many other masks by Peter Thomas Roth that I want to test out, so if you guys have tried any of his other masks, let me know which ones you recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment