November 30, 2015

November Makeup Haul 2015

Wow, November honestly flew by! Don't you agree?! I feel like I wrote last month's haul just yesterday! So this month, there was a lot of damage that was done! I splurged like crazy! I never go this crazy, but it was the Sephora VIB sale and it's my birthday month! I also received makeup from my friends as a gift, so ya. It's a pretty big haul! I'm going to try to keep it as short as possible! But ya, let's get into it!


A few goodies from this haul! 


I'll start with my Morphe package that finally arrived! If you read my last haul, then you saw how I ranted about Morphe, because this package came in really late. However, it's in my hands now and that's all that matters! I placed this order mainly to repurchase the M427 duo fiber foundation brush. My old one got water in the handle, so the bristles sadly came undone, so I had to repurchase it! I absolutely love this brush to stipple in my foundation! It works really well and it just leaves a airbrush finish! I highly recommend this brush and it's not expensive at all! I also purchased 2 pairs of the Wispies lashes. These are again a repurchase! I've been obsessed with these! They're so natural and comfortable! I figured why not buy some for my kit! Lastly, I purchased the 35T eyeshadow palette! I mean the Morphe eyeshadow palettes have been everywhere lately! I just had to get one! Everyone raves about the 35O palette, but it's always sold out, so I decided to give the 35T palette a go. Let me say, I'm obsessed with this palette! I love everything about it! You have a mixture of shimmers, mattes, metallics and satins! You also have a large variety of neutrals, mauves, purples, taupes, golds and bronzes! This palette is perfect for any occasion and it's only $23USD!!! The formula of the eyeshadows are also really nice! If you're interested, I wrote a mini description of this palette in my top 5 favorite palettes! http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/11/my-top-5-favorite-eyeshadow-palettes.html



My Morphe goodies!



Next, I made a trip to MAC. I wasn't planning on buying anything from MAC, but this one day I had time to kill before an appointment, so I walked in and walked out with a few goodies. I honestly can't window shop for my life! I purchased the Colourdrenched Pigment from the holiday collection in the shade Night Thrill. So basically, this is a pressed pigment. Night Thrill is a light-medium gold with warm undertones. I've already used this and I'm like on the fence about it. It's a little patchy. When you swatch it on your hand, it's not as smooth as the MAC eyeshadows and it just looks patchy. Even on the lid, I have to apply several layers. I find the best way to make it work is to spray a synthetic eyeshadow brush with MAC Fix Plus and then pack it on. You can apply a neutral eyeshadow as a base, so that you don't have to worry about it looking too patchy on the lid! It also transfers into the crease, so watch out for that and it also has a bit of fallout! I honestly love the color, but I expected better! Then I purchased the regular eyeshadow in the shade Beauty Marked. I completely forgot to ask for it in the pan! I was just having a bad day and I wasn't there completely. When I got home, I'm like shoot. So, I'm debating to depot it or not, because I also lost the receipt so I can't exchange it. Anyways, Beauty Marked is a beautiful blackened burgundy with purple sparkle in it. It's a beautiful unique eyeshadow for the lid. I can't wait to try this on! Then, I purchased 2 matte lipsticks. I purchased Smoked Purple, which is a deep eggplant purple. I already wore this a few times and it's the perfect deep purple! It's currently my favorite purple lipstick and I highly recommend it! I also purchased Persistence, which is peachy cinnamon color. It's a nude, but more on the medium side. I still haven't tried this one on, but I have a feeling that I'm really going to like it!



Gotta love MAC!


I also went to Jean Coutu. They started selling Nyx products, so I wanted to go check it out! They were sold out of all the lip shades that I wanted from the Matte Lip Cream line, so I was disappointed about that. However, I picked up the Nyx Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray. I read good reviews about it, so we'll see. I still haven't used this product yet. I also got the Nyx Wonder Pencil in Medium. It's basically a concealer in a pencil form. I thought it would be useful to conceal my lips and brows with. I haven't used it yet.

Can't wait to try these! 


I also placed a order on Anastasia Beverly Hills website. It was my first time ordering from their official site and let me say, it's the last time I'll order from their website! I just had the worst experience with them, so from now on, I'll just be getting ABH products from Sephora. If you're curious to see what happened, click on this link http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/11/anastasia-beverly-hills-rant.html . I received the liquid lipstick in Potion. It's a beautiful deepened purple that's perfect for the Fall! I still haven't used it, so I'll let you guys know what I think of it! I also purchased the Illuminator in Starlight. I've been dying to try their highlighters! I actually wanted all of them, but due to the problems, I only received one of them. Starlight is a beautiful light gold with warm undertones. I still haven't used it, but I have a good feeling about this one!


ABH products! The highlighter is gorgeous, right?!


So now, let's get into my Sephora VIB Sale purchases! I'm telling you, I bought a lot of stuff! The first thing that I got was Huda Beauty lashes in Sasha and Scarlett. These are really full! At first, they seemed like they were too much, but I fell in love with Scarlett! These are perfect for a full glam! I still haven't tried on Sasha yet, but I'm definitely excited! They are a bit expensive, so I didn't put mascara on them, so that they can last for a long time and because they're so full, you don't even need mascara to begin with! I also purchased 2 of the Moondust eyeshadows by Urban Decay. I got the shades Scorpio (matte black with 3D gold sparkle) and Ether (light purple with 3D blue/pink sparkle). I tried Ether on and I'm absolutely obsessed! It's a perfect shimmery lid color for the holidays and it really pops! I have nothing like these in my collection, so I'm excited to create looks for you guys!  If you guys want, I can definitely do a review on these! I also purchased the Burberry Holiday Palette in Gold (no.25). Since it's limited edition, it comes in this beautiful gold packaging, so I obviously had to pick it up! I still haven't used this palette, but I heard nothing but good things about Burberry eyeshadows, so I can't wait to play with this!



Gorgeous right?!


I also splurged on the Bobbi Brown University Lip Palette. I've read good reviews on it, so I decided to purchase it. The palette is a lot smaller than I had imagined and it also doesn't come with that much product (12.8g). However, the shades are so stunning! It's perfect for Fall and the holidays! I still haven't used it, but if you guys want a review on it, let me know!

I need to play with this!


I ended up repurchasing the Flora by Gucci travel spray. I already own the full size of this perfume, but these travel sprays are so handy when you're on the go! So when I ran out of mine, I immediately purchased it! This is probably my favorite perfume! It has a floral scent, but it's fresh. I'm really bad at describing scents, but definitely if you're looking for a perfume, try this one! I also repurchased the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. This is my holy grail! I believe this is my third bottle. It definitely does help your makeup stay on longer! Then, I purchased the Tarte Shine Bright Statement Lash Essentials. This came with a deluxe size of the Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara and a blinged out eyelash curler. I mean this eyelash curler is the bomb and I couldn't miss out on it! It's so stunning with the rhinestone handle! I actually needed a good eyelash curler, so when I saw this, I'm like yes, no questions asked. No doubt, Tarte has the best holiday packaging this year!

Love these products!


Next, I bought the Evian Mineral Water Spray. It's basically a spray that will moisturize, refresh and tone your skin. I've used it several times and I really do like it. Especially days that I don't wear makeup, I love to spray this on and it will keep my face moisturized. It also makes your face look refresh and healthy! Then, I got the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in  the shade 5.75. I did so much research and I thought this was the perfect shade for me, but no, it's a bit too light for me. I was going to exchange it for the shade 6.75, but then I got lazy. But, I have a feeling 6.75 would have been too dark. So, I'm just mixing this foundation with a darker shade in my collection. This foundation is really nice. It's luminous and it feels light. I'm not like "omg" about it, but I'll keep using it and let you guys know! It's a very expensive foundation, so I definitely wouldn't have bought it, if it weren't for the VIB sale. I also purchased the Sephora Sleeping Mask in Pearl. The Pearl mask brightens and perfects! I honestly love this mask and I saw instant results! It really brightened my face and just made it look healthy! They're only $5CAD, so give these a try! I know they're small, but I got 4 uses out of mine, which isn't bad! I also purchased the Makeup For Ever Brow Seal Transparent Eyebrow Gel. I've read really good reviews, so I decided to purchase it. I bought this for my kit. Next, I got the L'Occitane Nourishing Shea Butter Set. It comes with the hand cream and the Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream. I've used L'Occitane's hand cream before and it's amazing! It's lightly scented and it doesn't make your hands greasy! It's really nourishing and I highly recommend it! I used the body cream and I'm obsessed! My skin's been really dry lately and this does the work! It makes it look so healthy and it really feels nourishing. It also makes my skin really soft and it leaves this sheen to my skin. I feel like this product is going to be my holy grail! This set is a great value, because technically you're getting the hand cream for free!

I'm loving these products!


I also purchased the new Gwen Stefani and Urban Decay Palette! The packaging of this palette is so gorgeous and the eyeshadows are also really stunning! I love how there's a bunch of neutrals and pop out colors! I've been playing with this palette for a few days now and I do like it. I just don't find the eyeshadows are as long wearing as I would like them, but in terms of texture and pigmentation, they're amazing! I'm going to continue to play with it, so let me know if you guys want a review on it!


Isn't this so gorgeous?! 


I also repurchased the Beauty Blender Blendercleanser Solid. I ran out of mine, so I definitely had to get it! This thing works like magic for your beauty blenders and brushes! It's expensive, but it gets the work done! I also purchased the Sephora Brush Conditioner. This basically prolongs the life of your makeup brushes. It also restores the softness to your brushes. I bought this mostly for my face brushes. Those are my most expensive brushes, so I definitely want them to last a long time. I've already used this on my Tarte Buffing Brush and it did make it super soft! So, I'm going to continue to test it out and see if it's worth it!


Gotta take care of my brushes!


So, that's all that I bought with my own money. Now, let's get into the makeup gifts that I've received for my birthday! I got a few gift cards that I'll probably use next month! So, I received the Anastasia Beverly Hill's Self-Made Palette! I've been wanting this palette ever since it came out, but I couldn't get my hands on it! So, I was completely shocked when I was gifted this! I can't wait to start playing with this palette! It's so gorgeous! Next, I received the Ben Nye Banana Powder! This is another goodie that I've been wanting for a long time! I'll definitely keep you guys posted on this product! Next, I got the MAC lip gloss in Oyster Girl. I've heard Amrezy rave about this lip gloss several times, so I'm glad that I finally have my hands on it! It's basically a light fresh pink with shimmer in it. I can't wait to try this on! Next, I got the MAC eyeshadow in Brown Down. It's basically a fudge brown. I actually needed this shade for my custom made palette! I also received the MAC pigment in Melon in the deluxe size. Melon is a golden peach. It's super gorgoeus! This actually comes with a lot of product! This is my first pigment, so we'll see how it goes! Next, I received the Sephora Rose and Ginseng masks! I've tried the Rose mask before and I absolutely loved it! So, I'm super happy that I got these! I'm honestly obsessed with masks! I also received the Sephora Lingzhi Eye Mask, which I can't wait to try out! I've heard really good things about it and you know I'll do anything to imrpove my under eyes!

I have such amazing friends right? 


I also received the Tarte Stroke of Midnight Brush Set. You know how many times I walked by this set and I'm like I don't need it. Then, all of a sudden, I desperately needed this set! Obviously, it was sold out everywhere, so I was upset. When my friend gave me this, I was like "OMG"! This is such a great value! I actually don't own any of these brushes, besides the buffing brush, so I'm excited to play with these! I actually needed another buffing brush for my kit!

I love this set! Sorry I had a hard time taking a picture of this set for some reason!


Next, I received 2 goodies from Lush. I honestly love Lush's bath stuff! I only started using them since last year and I've been obsessed! Especially since I'm like done the semester, I'll have time to take baths! I got the Stardust bath bomb and Rose Jam Bubbleroon. I'm so excited to try these!
 
Stardust and Rose Jam


Lastly, I received this nail set! I actually don't have much nail stuff, besides nail polishes, so I'm excited to try this! It actually comes with everything! I'm curious to see how this works out! It's a super cute gitft!

All the nail essentials are here!


Alright, so that's it for my huge November haul! I hope you guys enjoyed this haul! There was a lot more stuff than the previous hauls! So, let me know what you guys purchased during the VIB sale! Also, if you guys want me to review any of these products, let me know! Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment