November 11, 2015

Nars: Kabuki Ita Brush Review

Lately, I been getting a lot of questions about the Nars Ita brush, so I decided to just write a review on it! A year or 2 ago, this brush was completely sold out everywhere! No other brands had anything similar to it! Like this brush had high demand, which was why I purchased it! Everyone raved about it and everyone was writing a good review on this brush. Obviously it had to be that good, right?


The famous Nars Ita Brush


First things first, let's talk about the packaging of this brush. The handle is very unique. It's made out of hard rubber (if that makes sense). Like, it's very durable and you can't damage it easily! It also has this matte feel to it. The handle can get very dirty, so make sure that your hands are clean! The brush is not heavy and I like the grip. On the side of the brush, it has this treading to hold the actual brush itself, which is very unique! Overall, it looks and feels very luxurious! I purchased mine through Nordstorm (they ship to Montreal!), because it was completely sold out everywhere! I did pay around $75-80CAD for this brush, because Nordstorm does have higher prices for Canadians, due to the conversion. However, it is currently available at Sephora for $68CAD. As you can see, this brush is not cheap at all! It's the most expensive brush in my collection and I don't know what I was thinking then! I'm sure this is also available at any Nars counters!

Another look at it


The side of the brush (very different and unique)


I've had this brush for 2 years now and let me say, at times I forget I even have it! I have mixed feelings about it! First of all, it's because of the price! I mean, spending over $50 on a brush is way too much! Not only that, it's just not what I expected. The brush sheds like crazy! Morphe brushes are $10 and you don't see a single shedding with those brushes! This $80 brush sheds every time I use it! Which is a complete turn off for me! However, the bristles on this brush are soft. I also like how the brush is not too dense, so it makes blending so much easier! I also love the shape of it! It's flat and fits perfectly into that cheek bone area!

Perfect shape



If you're someone that has a hard time with contouring, you will love this brush! A few years ago, I never had the right contour brush, because you know how contouring wasn't that in then.  I did like this brush when I first used it! A monkey can honestly contour with this! It makes it that easy! This brush does the blending for you! You don't have to worry about any harsh lines! As I was using it more and more, the shedding just annoyed me. Then, I started purchasing other contour brushes and I'm like this Nars Ita brush is really not that special after all! There are even companies such as Tarte and Becca that have very similar brushes that you can purchase for cheaper! Even in general, there are hundreds of contouring brushes that work just as effectively as this one!


Ita brush

I'm not saying that I hate this brush, because I don't. I just like other brushes a lot more, especially when it comes to the price point! I find this was just so hyped about, because contouring brushes weren't available then. I find this brush is just ideal, if you're a beginner to makeup and have the money to splurge on it. If not, like I said, there's so many other alternatives out there! So ya, I hope I answered the questions that you guys had about this brush! It was nothing too long, because there's not much to say about it! If you guys have any other questions, let me know! I'm currently working on a few posts, so hopefully I'll have something up in a few days! Hope you guys are having an amazing week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment