March 4, 2017

Bite Beauty: The Lip Pencil Review

Hey guys, so I'm finally bringing to you my review on the new Bite Beauty Lip Pencils! I received the Bite Beauty Voxbox from Influenster. I've already spoken about Influenster many times before, so I won't get too much into it!  It's basically a app that sends you complimentary products to review! The app is completely free! You don't have to be a beauty blogger to sign up, it's legit for anyone and everyone! You just have to stay active on the app, that's all! This Bite Beauty Voxbox came with 2 Lip Pencils, a Sephora sharpener and 2 mini Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipsticks (corresponding shades to the Lip Pencils)! This is probably my favorite Voxbox that I've received up until now! This review will only focus on the Lip Pencils! If you guys really want, I can review the lipsticks in a separate post, just let me know!


Bite Beauty Lip Pencils


What the Bite Beauty Voxbox by Influenster came with!



Let's start off with the packaging. The Lip Pencil comes in the classic wood barrel form. They look very classy! The packaging is very similar to MAC's Lip Liners! I don't know if the Lip Pencils come in a box, but the ones that I got from Influenster were just wrapped in clear plastic. The end of the pencil has the corresponding shade! The Lip Pencil fits into any regular sharpener! They're formulated without petrochemicals, which is always a good thing (just like all the other Bite Beauty products)! This retails for $20CAD, which I thought was a fair price (it's $1 cheaper than MAC)! It comes with 1.4g of product, which is a decent amount for the price! It's available now at Sephora! 

I don't know about you, but I love these wood barrel forms!


Another close look at them (shade 020 on the left and 044 on the right)



Bite Beauty has a stunning shade range for these Lip Pencils. They have some really gorgeous nudes for all skin tones! They also have a few deep shades! I've received the shades 020 and 044. 020 is a stunning pink peachy nude. It's a little light for my liking (I have medium-tan skin), however, if you have light to medium skin, it's going to be a gorgeous nude on you! It's definitely that everyday type of nude! It wore well with most of the nude lipsticks that I own! The corresponding lipstick for this shade is Honeycomb. This shade is identical to 020


020 up close


This is what 020 and Honeycomb look together! 



The shade 044 is a beautiful rich mahogany. This shade is on the dark side, which I absolutely love! This is definitely my favorite shade out of the two! It's stunning on any skin tones! It wears beautifully under any deep red and brown shades! The corresponding lipstick for this shade is Whiskey. This shade is also identical to 044!


044 up close



This is what 044 and Whiskey look together




Side by side


The lipstick swatch is on the top and the Lip Pencil is on the bottom! (with flash)




Without flash!


The swatches are extremely beautiful, right? Now, let's get into the formula. Both shades have the same exact formula, so I'll be doing a general review! These are super pigmented! They glide on your lips really smoothly! It's rich and creamy in texture! The finish is matte! They don't dry out your lips or anything. They're also super comfortable on the lips! It feels really light, almost like you have nothing on your lips! It's also really long wearing! It can be worn up to 8 hours easily without having it fade away completely! You can get a very precise application with these! It really makes defining your cupids bow and over lining your lips easy! The pencil also doesn't break easily! Overall, I'm very impressed with these! You can easily just wear the Lip Pencil on it's own, since it's very well formulated! In my opinion, they're better than MAC Lip Liners! 


Another look at 020 and Honeycomb together!


Another look at 044 and Whiskey together



Bottom line, everyone needs to try these! For me to say that these are better than MAC Lip Liners truly shows that these are a must have! I had no doubt in my mind that I was going to love these, because Bite Beauty does make incredible lip products! It was about time that they released lip liners! I love how these look stunning under a lipstick and on their own! I know I'll be purchasing the other shades! Once again, thank you Influenster for sending these complimentary products for reviewing purposes! So ya, that's what I have to say about these Lip Pencils! What are your thoughts on them? Will you be purchasing them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment