October 13, 2016

September Favorites 2016 (Makeup)

Hey guys, so I do apologize for posting this late! If you read my September Haul (click here), then you know that I went to IMATS Toronto and all. I was busy that whole weekend and that's why I'm a little behind with my schedule! I also had a lot more clients in September, so I haven't really had the chance to sit down and write up these posts. However, I hope you guys still enjoy reading this post! I stuck to my main products that I been using for the past several months. I tried to incorporate new products into my makeup routine. Some worked out and some didn't!

Some of my September Favorites!


I have 2 Wet n Wild products that I been loving this month! The first product is their Megaglo Illumination Palette in Catwalk Pink. This is such an inexpensive stunning highlighter! You get 4 stripes of different shades! You have a pale gold, light pink, rosey pink and gold champagne! You can wear each shade individually or mix them together for a custom shade! It really depends on your preference! I personally love the pale gold and gold champagne shades! They just go so well with my skin tone! The light pink isn't really my thing, but it would look stunning on someone with pink undertones to their skin! The rosey pink shade is more of a blush topper in my opinion! I personally don't like to wear it as a highlighter! The formula is really nice! They're smooth and pigmented. They're also long wearing! They blend really easily! They also give you the option of wearing them bold or sheer. The finish is shimmery. These are packed with glitter, but as mentioned you can sheer it out, so that it's more subtle. This isn't my all time favorite highlighter, but it's a nice change, especially because I don't really own any drugstore highlighters. It's perfect for those of you on a budget. Next, I been obsessing over the Coloricon Blush in 327B Apri-Cot in the Middle. This is a stunning peachy apricot shade! It's super smooth and pigmented! It's packed with a ton  of gold glitter, so if you don't like a glittery blush, then you're not going to like this product. It's also super long wearing and it blends like a dream! It just adds the perfect amount of warmth to your cheeks!

I love these products! 


Moving along, I've been obsessed with the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation! You guys know that the Pro Matte is my all time favorite foundation, so I had high expectations for this foundation! This is just a beautiful radiant foundation. It leaves a nice dewy look! It's medium coverage and super lightweight on the skin! It's also super long wearing! It's exactly like the Pro Matte, but obviously this one gives you a glow! I got mine in the shade Sun Beige, which is a bit darker than the Sun Beige that's in the Pro Matte line. It doesn't bother me, since I still have my tan, but it's just so you guys know that the shades are a bit different! If I had a Top 5 Favorite Foundations, this would definitely be in it! I'm so obsessed!

This is definitely going to be a part of my Holy Grail!


I also been loving the Smashbox Master Class Palette: Lightning Theory. I normally don't buy these kind of palettes anymore, since I have a ton of makeup, but I was really drawn to this palette! First of all, this is one of the only palettes that comes with correctors! You guys know that correctors have been big this year, so it was nice to see Smashbox incorporating them into their palette! I also really liked the eyeshadow shade range! There's both cool and warm tones! They're all wearable colors for a everyday look or a evening glam! You also have a bronzer (cream), contour shade (cream), highlighters (cream) and blushes (powder). All the cream products are super rich and creamy! They're super pigmented and blend like a dream! It's the same thing with the powder products, they're super pigmented and blendable! They're also long wearing! My only complaint is that I wish the bronzer, contour and highlighters were powder, so that I don't need to find my powder shades to set them with! Other than that, it's really nicely thought out! It's worth every penny! I been wanting to do a full review on this palette! Hopefully, I can get that up soon!

I've been obsessed with this palette!


I also been obsessing over the Clionadh Cosmetics Highlighters in Llyr, Slaine and Clionadh Dark. I wrote a full review on them, so check it out here. I feel like I spoke about them enough, but they're honestly just so amazing! The formula is just wow! They're super pigmented, blendable and long wearing! They're so easy to work with! The shade range is just absolutely beautiful! Like, I just can't get enough of them! I been getting great use out of Clionadh Dark! It's a marble highlighter, so you can achieve a different shade each use! It just really depends where you dip and mix your brush into! When you read the review, you'll see how versatile they really are and how there's variations for different skin tones!

Aren't these swatches everything?! 


Lastly, I been going back to an old  favorite, which is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer! I'm in the shade 25 medium, which is the perfect highlighting shade for people with medium skin! I would say this concealer is the dupe for the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer! It's just as creamy and pigmented! This stuff is medium coverage, but you can definitely build it up or sheer it out! It's also super long wearing! This stuff doesn't cake at all and it feels light on your skin! I also love the doe foot applicator, it makes highlighting efficient! If you're on a search for a good and inexpensive concealer, I definitely recommend this one! It's worth every penny! 

My favorite drugstore concealer!


That's it for my September Favorites! As you guys saw, there was a few new products! I'll try my best to switch up my products this month, but honestly October has just been so crazy! I just find time goes by so fast! Like, I wish I could create more looks for your guys! But ya, stay tuned for my review on the Mikasa Beauty Brushes! That should be up sometime next week! After that, it's my IMATS Haul and Experience!  

No comments:

Post a Comment