September 28, 2016

Too Faced: Lip Injection Glossy in Spice Girl Review

Hey guys! If you read my August Haul, then you already know that I was planning on reviewing the new Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy! A lot of people have been talking about this product and I just had to give it a go! Too Faced released 6 different shades! I got mine in the shade Spice Girl. So ya, let's just jump into this review!

The Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy in Spice Girl!


Let's start off with the packaging. The packaging is just so stunning that you don't even want to throw away the box! It comes in a gold box. The front of the box has the same shade corresponding to the lip gloss shade, which I just found smart! It'll be easier to spot it in your collection!  The packaging of the lip gloss itself is also stunning! The top part is a stunning medium toned gold with  metallic gold detailing to it! It's super cute! It just has a lace like pattern with bows! The bottom is clear, so that you can see your shade. It's really sturdy! It comes with a really nice applicator! This lip gloss comes with 4g of product, which is a really nice amount! It retails for  $29CAD. It's a bit pricey, but you'll be the one to judge after this review! You can find this at Sephora or any Too Faced retailers! It's also available on the Too Faced website of course!

Too Faced packaging is always on point!

Another look at the packaging!


As mentioned, I purchased the shade Spice GirlSpice Girl is a beautiful medium pinky/peachy nude. If you have medium to tan skin, then this is your perfect nude! It's that "everyday" kind of color! If you have lighter or darker skin, this will still suit you really nicely! Like, you can't go wrong with this shade! This gloss is very glossy and it has very fine specks of shimmer that you can barely see!

Here's a swatch of Spice Girl


So, let's talk about this product. This is a really unique product. It's a plumping lip gloss! That means that it's supposed to plump your lips and create that illusion that you got a lip injection. It's definitely something that's different and since lip injections are so big now, everyone just wants bigger lips. At first, I was like how can that possibly happen with a lip gloss? Too Faced legit made it happen! This stuff actually works! After a few minutes that you apply this lip gloss, you start to see your lips getting plumped! They just look fuller! They're not going to be huge, but you do see a little difference. It just looks natural, which I really like! This lip gloss is also very hydrating on the lips! It also glides on like butter! The lip gloss itself has a nice color pay off! It's not too opaque, so it's perfect topper for your lipstick! You can even just wear this alone! It wears for a good 3 hours if you don't eat or drink, which isn't bad. The finish is ultra glossy and it just adds a really nice sheen to your lips! The results are nice, but I just can't stand the burning effect! When you apply this lip gloss, seconds later, you start to feel this burn on your lips. If you have sensitive lips, this product is definitely not for you! I don't have sensitive lips, but it's definitely not something that I would wear everyday. The burn is very uncomfortable and it takes awhile for it to go away!  Minus the burning, this lip gloss is really well formulated!

Here's a before picture

Here's the after picture! You see a bit of a difference!

I'm wearing just the gloss on my lips! It's a really nice shade!


With that being said, I do recommend it to those of you that can put up with the burn. The results are really nice! However, if you can't deal with any kind of pain or burn, then it may be best if you don't try it! As for my personal preference, I won't be repurchasing this, because I just find it uncomfortable. If Too Faced finds a way to make them not burn, then I'll definitely pick up all of them! So ya, that's my opinion! What are your thoughts on it? Have you guys been loving these?

2 comments:

  1. I just got one of these for the first time and actually thought I got a bad product lol swiped it on my lips and started going about my day until all of a sudden my lips started to burn! Nothing, and I mean NOTHING helped, I just had to wait about 20min for it to go away. I did a quick Google Search and landed here :-) at least I know it's not a defective product lol not for me though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing! I googled it to see if anyone else had this issue and read a few reviews on Sephora! I was just not used to it and no product has ever made my lips burn, so it was weird! I mean it works, just it's not for me! But, it's a intersting concept lol! Thank you for passing by :)

      Delete