September 18, 2016

Guerlain: Terracotta Terra Magnifica Bronzing Powder-Contrast Highlighter Review

Hey guys, so today's review is going to be on the new Guerlain Terracotta Terra Magnifica Bronzing Powder-Contrast Highlighter. I know this is a pricey product, but I figured I'd review it anyways, since there's not that many reviews on it. Now, I've heard a lot of people rave about the regular Guerlain bronzers, so I had high expectations for this bronzer! I just been loving those bronzey looks lately, so I really wanted to just pick up a new bronzer! So ya, let's just get into the review!


Look at this new Guerlain bronzer!


Starting off with the packaging, it's absolutely stunning! It's also very unique, because it comes in this container with a twist off lid. I never seen a bronzer with this kind of packaging, so it's definitely going to stand out in my collection! Inside, you have the product and a mirror on the lid! It's a pretty big container, so the mirror is a really nice size and it's super clear! The cool thing about this is that you can remove the product from the container, so that you can use the container for storage! Like, once you're done with this product, just throw out the pan and sponge. It's a really chic container for your vanity! The embossing is SO stunning! There's just so much detailing going on! So, the concept of this product is that it's mostly a bronzer, but you have the center circle that comes with a satin highlighter. The whole product has a gold overspray. I'm not a fan of overspray, so when I received this product, I just dusted it off. It's definitely cute for decoration, but I just don't like it in my bronzer! This comes with 19g of product and it retails for $76CAD. You can buy it at Sephora or any retailers that sell Guerlain! This stuff is limited edition, so you might want to get it soon before it sells out! 


The packaging is really stunning!

Such unique packaging!

I just can't get over how beautiful this is!


Let's talk about the shade. On Sephora, it said that the shade of this bronzer is 03, which is the best selling Terracotta shade! In the pan it looks like a really nice medium brown, however, it swatches more of a orangey brown on my skin tone (I fall in between medium to tan skin with reddish undertones). It definitely didn't look like the color that I  anticipated, but it's still stunning! I find when you swatch a bronzer, you never get the color that you anticipate, but once you apply it, it's really nice! So, when I applied it to my skin, it didn't appear too orange and it just looked like a stunning warm bronzer. It definitely warmed up my face and it looked really natural! If you have light to medium skin, this shade will definitely work really well for you. However, if you have tan to dark skin, it may be too light for you! You can always build up the color, but since it's an expensive bronzer, I recommend that you purchase from their original Terracotta bronzer line, so that you get your moneys worth! The bronzer is nice, but the highlight could have been better. The highlighter is more of a beige with a satin finish to it. I wouldn't necessarily set my under eyes with this highter. It' more for the high points of your cheek bones! If you have light skin, you can even mix the 2 shades to lighten up the bronzer! The highlight shade can be useful, it's just not what I typically like to go for! 

A close up!

Here are the swatches on my medium skin! The bronzer doesn't swatch properly, but once you apply it on your face, it's really nice!


This is how the bronzer looks on my skin! It legit blends in so effortlessly! It's just so natural!


Moving onto the formula! I mean the powder is silky smooth! It's also pigmented and it blends like a dream! Like, this stuff honestly melts into your skin, so it just gives you such a natural bronzey effect! It's super easy to work with! You can use any natural hair fluffy brush and it'll get the work done! It's also super long wearing! I can go a full day with this product on and it won't budge! The bronzer is also more of a demi matte. It's almost matte, but not exactly! I really like that, because again it adds a subtle sheen to your skin that just makes it even more natural! I find especially for the summer, the skin just looks so much better when there's a sheen going on! The highlighter is also the same exact formula! The only difference is that the highlighter is more on the satin side! It's also pigmented, blendable and long wearing! The highlighter doesn't emphasize any pores or anything! Overall, this product has a really nice formula!

One last look at this gem!


With all that being said, I'm absolutely obsessed with this bronzer! It's a really nice product that can work for multiple skin tones! If you happen to go see it in person, then be sure to apply it on your face if you can, because the swatch isn't the best! It's just so beautiful once you put it on! I know it's a very expensive product, but it'll last you forever, so it's worth the investment! I'm telling you the formula honestly wins me over! It makes me want to try more Guerlain products! That's it for this review, let me know your thoughts on this product and if you plan on getting it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment