May 30, 2016

May Haul 2016 (Makeup)

Hey guys! I can't believe it's already the end of the month! May just flew by! It was probably my busiest month, but May didn't only consist of me working all the time. I spent a lot of time with my friends and family! I had an event every week, so it was tons of fun! If you want to get to know me and see what I'm up to, you can always follow me on Instagram @divya_patelxo. I post my personal life on there too, it's not just about makeup! So ya, May was lots of fun! I actually didn't buy a lot of makeup. I actually bought a camera, which was SUPER expensive! I was debating to spend that much, but honestly, it takes amazing pictures! Like for makeup, it's amazing! I haven't had time to take too many pictures, but I'm definitely starting to create makeup looks! Which gives you another reason to follow me on Instagram! But ya, let's get into this small haul! It's nothing big, but I've been loving the products that I picked up!

A few goodies from my May Haul


I picked up two products from the MAC Chris Chang collection! Wow! This collection has such beautiful packaging! It's so unique and different! This is definitely one of the best packaging! I picked up a lipstick in the shade Plum Princess. I wasn't too impressed with the shade range for the lipsticks. They were way too light and I just didn't see myself wearing those light pastel colors. Plum Princess is the only shade that would have suited my skin (in my opinion). It's a light-medium cool tone pastel purple. It has a bit of grey undertones to it, like it's a really unique purple! I still haven't tried it on, but I been loving purples lately, so hopefully this will look good on me! Next, I purchased the Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. Of course, I fell in love with the compact, so that's why I had to get it. I actually don't own a lot of transparent pressed powders, so I was like why not? I've used the powder a few times. I think it's a great product to throw in your purse! It's good for touch ups when you get oily. I just don't think it's the best powder to set your under eyes with. It's smooth and all, but it feels a little chalky. I'm not obsessed with it, but I don't hate it. It mattifies my face, so that's all that matters to me! Lastly from MAC, I picked up the Lion Babe Liquidlast Liner. I believe this is limited edition. I just randomly saw this. It's a coppery gold liquid liner. It has a metallic finish! I still haven't used this, but I've been into metallic/glitter liners, so I know I'll love it.

Gorgeous packaging!



So excited to use this!


I only picked up a few things at Sephora! I got the new Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks in the shades Ashton and Madison. I've been seeing these shades all over Instagram and they just look so stunning! Ashton is a brown with yellow undertones and Madison is a bright fuchsia! I love both these shades. Ashton is a really nice everyday color and Madison is perfect for the summer! I already mentioned this on my blog, but ABH makes one of the best liquid lipstick formulas! That's why I just want to get all the shades! Next, I FINALLY purchased the Cover FX Custom Cover Drops in G60. I've been eyeing this product for the longest time, but I just couldn't justify the price! I was also happy with my foundations, so I always put it to the side. However, I just wanted to try a new foundation. I finished a few foundations, so I just wanted to get something new. My local Sephora finally carries Cover FX in store, so I just went for it! The lightning in Sephora is off, so I did have to exchange the shade. I'm G60, which is a bit dark for me, so I hope I do get tanned this summer. But guys, this product is EVERYTHING! It's so full coverage, but doesn't feel cakey. It feels like your skin and leaves your face looking like velvet! It's really nice and I've been obsessed with it! I been mixing the custom drops with my L'Oreal Infallible foundation and legit, it's the best thing in the world! The color matches me perfectly and leaves my skin feeling so flawless! Like, I'm done! It's expensive, so that's why I do prefer my Infallible on it's own. However, when I have events, I just have to use these drops!


I had to pick these shades up!


This is a must have!


Lastly, I made a quick trip to Walmart. I actually went to Walmart to pick up the Wet n Wild highlighters, but my local Walmart didn't have them (tragic). So, I just picked up the NYC Liquid Liner. Mine just disappeared, so I had to get a new one. This is the best drugstore eyeliner hands down! It's so inexpensive! It's so easy to use and super long wearing! It's also the blackest black in the market! Like, you're missing out if you never tried this! Then, I picked up the L'Oréal Infallible Foundation in Caramel Beige. These are cheaper at Walmart, so I was like why not? I bought this for my kit, since I was lacking in the tan shades!


Speaking of the L'Oréal Infallible foundations, my friend went to the L'Oréal sale and picked up 2 foundations for me. They didn't have a lot of shades, but luckily, there was Fresh Beige (my shade)! I was so happy! Thank you Dana! If you live in Montreal, honestly sometimes the sale has really nice stuff, so it's worth going to! It's obviously better to go during the first few days, because towards the end, they don't have much inventory left! I used to love going to these, but I just hate waiting in line and there's way too many people. I honestly can't, but if you have the patience, you definitely need to go!

Some of my favorite drugstore products!


That concludes my haul! It's super small! Like I said, I bought a  camera, so I had to be good! There's a lot of new makeup coming out, so maybe I'll splurge in June (we'll see). There's also a lot of indie Instagram brands that I been wanting to try out! So, let me know which is your favorite Indie brand! I'll be posting my monthly favorites soon! So, look out for that! If you guys have any topics or products that you want me to talk about, kindly leave me a message! Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment