May 10, 2016

April Favorites 2016

Hey guys! I decided to do monthly favorites now, since I've been requested to do them. I originally wanted to do them before, but I just didn't want to be so repetitive on my blog. Once I fall in love with a product, I just use it all the time! So, that's why I never did them before. But, I decided that the months that I don't use the same products over and over again, I could do a monthly favorites! That way I can talk about new or different products and it won't be boring for you guys! I just wanted to say that I'm working on my holy grail products post, so I won't be mentioning any of my holy grail products in my monthly favorites (ever)! When I say holy grail, they're legit products that I use ALL the time, so I don't want to be repeating myself. So ya, I hope you guys like these monthly favorites that I'll be doing from now on!

A few of my April Favorites!


The first product that I wanted to mention in my monthly favorites is this Tangle Teezer. I was watching Jaclyn Hill's favorites video and she was raving about it. So, I obviously had to buy it. My hair gets a lot of knots and tangles out of nowhere. Sometimes it's really difficult and painful to brush my hair! Jaclyn said that this is so gentle and it gets rid of all the knots! Since, it was the VIB sale, I was like why not? Honestly, this stuff is amazing! I get a lot of knots in the back and this thing gets rid of them without it being painful! It just leaves my hair so smooth! I'm actually obsessed! I always use this to brush my hair now and it's honestly amazing! It makes brushing your hair so easy, like I wasn't expecting to love it as much as  I do!

The Tangle Teezer! 



The next product that I want to mention is the Glamglow Gravitymud Firming Treatment. Everyone raves about this product and I just didn't want to fall into the hype for no reason, so I just always pushed it away. It's also $80CAD, which is why I was always like no. It's too expensive, especially for the amount of product that you get! However, I received a sample of this product and gave it a try to see what the hype was about. In just one use, I became obsessed with this mask! I never used a mask that instantly firmed and toned my skin! It's also a peel off mask, which makes it so easy to take off! My skin just looked so smooth and tight! I just fell in love with it! Yes it's expensive, but you'll love the results! Another mask that I want to mention quickly is the TruSelf Organics Detoxifying Mask. I LOVE this mask! It's affordable and does wonders! This is my 3rd tub! This mask is made of all natural ingredients! It aims to detoxify, minimize pores, wrinkles and blemishes! Even when I grow pimples on my face, I just apply this mask on it. I let it sit for 30-45 minutes and the next morning it starts to shrink! It's that effective! I also use it to deep clean my pores and it works wonderfully for that! It's just the perfect mask! I use it at least once a week to detoxify my face! If I had to do a holy grail for skincare products, both these masks would be in it!

I love both these masks! Worth every penny!



I actually don't own any powder foundations, so I purchased the Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder Foundation (I'm the shade 207) this month and I'm obsessed! This powder foundation is just so convenient for days that you don't want too much. I just use a primer and corrector. Then, I dust this powder on and I'm ready to head out! It's full coverage and it will hide anything! Since it's a powder, you don't have to worry about it creasing or anything! You also don't have to worry about setting it or anything (but for a longer wear, it's best to use the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray!). If you have dry skin, like don't worry, the powder is super smooth and it won't make you dry! The texture of it is really creamy and smooth! It's also long wearing on it's own! I see myself using this a lot this summer!

A must have!


The next product that I want to mention is really expensive. It's the Chanel Correcteur Perfection Concealer (I'm in the shade 30). I've had this concealer for awhile, but I only use it for occasions, since it's super expensive. However, this month I just wanted to finish it, because I had it for like a bit over 2 years. Honestly, I love this concealer, especially for correcting anywhere on my face. It has medium coverage and it blends like a dream. It just looks so perfect on the skin! It legit covers everything and anything! I'm just obsessed with this concealer and I know there's a lot of concealers in the market now, but it's like every time I use this, I just love it! If you have the money to splurge, I recommend this concealer!

A really nice concealer! 


In terms of lashes, I have 2 pairs that I've been using throughout the month. The first one is the Wispies by Morphe. These are so inexpensive and can last you a really long time (if you clean them and take great care of them)! I also didn't apply too much mascara on these, so that they last longer. I just find these the perfect pair of lashes for any look! They're not too dramatic. You can wear them for a full glam or a simple look. Honestly, you just can't go wrong with a pair of Wispies! I also been loving the Iconic lashes by House of Lashes. These are the perfect full glam lashes. They're full and long! They just open up my eyes and they're absolutely stunning with any look! I did have to trim off the edges a little, because they were a bit too big, but now they're perfect! If you're looking for lashes with volume and length, but that's not too much, these are perfect! They also last a long time if you take care of them! I've been using them for 6 months and they're in perfect condition!

These have been my favorite for awhile now! 


I've been using the NYC liquid liner really often this month! I just been into wings this month and honestly, I forgot how easy it is to create a wing with this liquid liner! I always use my Bobbi Brown Gel Liner, which also gets the work done, but honestly that stuff is expensive. Like, this $5 liquid liner is the best! It's the blackest black in the market and it lasts forever! The applicator is thin (but not too thin), so it makes it super easy to wing out your liner! Like, I can't believe I forgot that I had this! This is legit the best product by NYC and if you guys haven't tried this, I highly recommend it! Another item that I've been loving for awhile now is the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara! I think this is like my 3rd tube now. When it comes to mascara, I find my Rimmel ones are the best! I never used a high end brand that I was crazy about. The brush on this Too Faced mascara though is amazing! It's shaped like a hourglass, so it legit gets every eyelash! It adds so much volume to my lashes and makes them so much longer! Like, I don't even need false lashes when I use this mascara! I've recommended this mascara to so many people and they all love it! Yes, it's pricey, but trust me it's worth every penny! I don't know, I think this just may be my all time favorite mascara! I LOVE the results! 


Love these!


For my brows this month,  I've been using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony. I purchased this like 2 years ago, but I switched to the Brow Wiz, since it's a lot easier to use. For some reason, I kind of like the results of the Pomade better now. I think it's because my eyebrows are really messed up right now and I legit have to draw in a whole new brow. I find it easier and quicker with the Pomade. I use it with an angle brush and I don't even need concealer to clean up. I've used this a million times and I still have a ton of product left! It's super long wearing, like I can get away without setting it with a brow powder! It legit doesn't budge! It also has a nice consistency to it! Like if you want a change from the Brow Wiz, I recommend this stuff!

This used to be my favorite brow product!



There should be no surprise that the Tartelette in Bloom is in my monthly favorites! I purchased this during the VIB sale and I've been obsessed with it ever since! It's such a beautiful neutral palette with both warm and cool tones! I see this working with any skin tone! The colors are just stunning! It's pigmented, buttery smooth, long lasting and easily blendable! You can create anything with it! It can be your every day palette or even a full glam palette! I love how this Tartelette palette has shimmery shades! Now, I can legit just use this palette for every look without having to reach for another palette! I already love it more than the original Tartelette and that palette was my favorite all time palette! So, if you been debating about this palette, honestly don't! It's one of the best (in my opinion the best) palette in the market!

I love this palette!


Speaking of eyeshadows, I also wanted to mention the Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeshadows! I can't believe I only picked them up recently! These are absolutely amazing! I own a few of the ready made limited edition palettes by her and I do like those palettes, but some of the eyeshadows were too powdery. However, that's not the case with her individual eyeshadows! They're buttery smooth, like the Make Up For Ever ones and they're also super pigmented! They blend out really nicely and they're super long wearing! I picked up the shades, Metal, Pink Champagne, Warm Taupe and Comfort. My favorite shade has to be Warm Taupe, it's a gorgeous warm soft brown. I love to use this in the crease, it's not too light or dark, it's perfect! I also love Metal, it's a shimmery titanium silver gold! I love to use this all over the lid or in the inner tear dot! I definitely will be picking up more ABH eyeshadows! I believe for 4 pans and the palette, it's $56CAD. Which is kind of a lot, but it's worth it! Hopefully in the future, they have a 8 pan palette or something, so that you can save more, because she has a gorgeous shade range!

These eyeshadows have been giving me so much life recently!



I've been alternating between a few lip products this month. I just been into nudes for some reason. I just don't find the weather here in Montreal all that nice to be wearing bright lipsticks yet, so I just been all about nudes. The first lip product that I wanted to mention is the Gerard Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Crystal. Crystal is a peachy nude with gold shimmer in it. I absolutely love to use this gloss over any nude to just make it pop! I normally don't like shimmer in my lip gloss, but I love the way this gloss appears on your lips! It's also not sticky and it's not too pigmented, which makes it a good topper. I also love using this lip gloss over nudes that are too light for me! It just gives it enough warmth and pigmentation, so that the lighter shades don't wash me out! I also been enjoying Gerard Cosmetic's Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Iced Mocha. Guys, I've been obsessed with this shade for months now! It's a gorgeous light-medium coffee brown with mauve undertones! This color suits any makeup look! The formula is also amazing! It has a moussey texture, but dries in a decent amount of time. It doesn't budge at all once it dries and it's super long wearing! This has to be one of my favorite liquid lipstick formulas! So ya, if you been debating about the Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Mattes, like just get them! They have a beautiful shade range and it's worth every penny! For lip liner, I've been loving the Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner in Nude Medium. This has been my go to lip liner since December! It's just so pigmented and creamy! It's also long wearing and I'm obsessed with this color! It's the perfect medium nude! I've worn this a million times on it's own and I always get asked what's on my lips. The packaging of this is also really convenient! It has a built in sharpener, so that you never have to sharpen it. It does it for you! It's a really cool and unique concept! I definitely want to pick up more colors! Lastly, I've been loving the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Dubai. This is the perfect true brown! It's very similar to the Kylie Jenner liquid lipstick in True Brown K. It's the same medium brown. The formula is amazing. You know I love the Soft Matte Lip Cream line. They're pretty long wearing and glide on your lips like butter! Once it's dry, it doesn't budge and it' super pigmented! It's absolutely stunning and if you been wanting to get True Brown K, just pick up Dubai honestly! It's like less than half the price and the quality is amazing for the price!

I been rotating between these lip products all month! 


In terms of highlighters, my go to this month have been the Gerard Cosmetics Star Powders in Marilyn and Audrey. Guys, these are amazing! The powders are so creamy and buttery! They're super pigmented and blend like a dream! They're super long wearing! Like, I have nothing bad to say about these! Audrey is a warm champagne gold and Marilyn is a light gold. I love both of these equally! They're just so beautiful! If you're someone that loves subtle highlighters, these may be too much, but honestly, I love to glow. The packaging is also really nice! I love the gold compact! Gerard Cosmetics always has promotions going on, so be sure to be following them on Instagram! I got these 2 for a good deal! 


Love these highlighters! My go to this month! 



The last product that I wanted to mention is the Make Up For Ever Instant Brush Cleanser. If you're a makeup artist, this stuff will be your best friend! It's so handy! It spot cleans your brushes without the use of water and it dries within seconds! It's great for when you have a long busy day and you want to clean your brushes in between clients! It gets all the product off! It's just so amazing and so convenient to have! I've used other brush cleansers, but they take time for the brushes to dry, so it's amazing how this is so quick! It's definitely not something you want to use to deep clean your brushes, especially your face brushes. I find with smaller brushes (like eyeshadow brushes), it gets rid of everything, but for face brushes, it gets rid of majority of the product, but not everything. I suggest using this when you're in a rush and still deep clean your brushes weekly. If I had to do a must have for makeup artists, this will definitely be one of the products! 


This stuff has been saving me! 


That concludes my April Favorites! I'm sorry that this post came late! These products are strictly products that I used in April! Whatever I been using in May will be in my May Favorites, so watch out for that! I hope you found this post useful! I alternate between products quite a bit at times, so it gives you a chance to see what I like. Other than that, I may be doing a post on Summer Necessities, so let me know if that interests you! I wrote something similar to that last year, so I'm debating if I should do it again! So ya, let me know! I hope you guys are having a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment