June 8, 2016

May Favorites 2016

Hey guys, so I'm bringing to you my May Favorites! I actually been loving the same products that I mentioned last month!  If you haven't checked out my April Favorites, well here is the link: http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2016/05/april-favorites-2016.html. I have a few new additions of course! I also posted my May Haul, so be sure to check that out: http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2016/05/may-haul-2016-makeup.html. So ya, let's just jump right into my favorites!

Some of my May Favorites! Which products have you been loving?


I have a few highlighters that I've been loving this month! I've been all about that glow! The first highlighter that I want to mention is Champagne Pop by Becca & Jaclyn Hill. Honestly, this was definitely one of my favorite highlighters of 2015! I was obsessed with it and I used it several months in a row! I even used it on my clients, because I just wanted everyone to see how beautiful it was! It's a gorgeous pale gold with peachy undertones. It legit suits any skin tone! The formula is also out of this world! Like, it's super pigmented and long lasting! It's buttery smooth, like I'm just obsessed with it! I wrote a quick review on it: http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/08/becca-x-jaclyn-hill-shimmering-skin.html. As you may have heard, Jaclyn collaborated again with Becca and released a few items! That's why I remembered Champagne Pop and I was like: Why haven't I used this in so long?! Next, I've been obsessing over the MAC Skinfinish in Otherearthly. This is probably the most creative highlighter that MAC has released. There's basically 3 different shades in this compact. You have a silver, a nice iridescent pink and a bronzey gold. You can definitely mix all 3 shades for a beautiful custom shade. Like, there's multiple shades that you can create! It has a lot of glitter packed in it, which gives it that opaque finish. So, if you don't like a shimmery highlighter, this may not be for you. I actually never used to like super shimmery highlighters, but I started LOVING them now! This product is super pigmented and blends like a dream! It's also really long lasting! Like, I have nothing bad to say about it. It's definitely something different and gives you a break from your gold and champagne highlighters! That's the main reason why I been using it so often lately! I just wanted a change. It's limited edition, but it's still available on The Bay's website, so get it while you can! The last highlighter that I wanted to mention is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in That Glow. I purchased this last month, but I only really started using it this month and OMG, I'm obsessed! The packaging is absolutely stunning and it's so travel friendly! I also love how this kit comes with 4 huge highlighters! I've been loving all 4 shades, but my favorite has to be Bubbly and Dripping in Gold! I like how there's something for every skin tone! It's very convenient for makeup artists! The formula is also just wow! It's super pigmented! These powders are buttery smooth! It's super long wearing and blends really nicely! This is just the perfect palette for the summer time! I've been also using some of the shades as eyeshadows and they're just so stunning!

These highlighters are everything!


Speaking of palettes, I've been using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit like crazy this month! My favorite contour kit is definitely the Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette and I've been using it for several months now. However, I found my ABH kit the other day and I decided to toss it in my kit, since the pans are refillable. I started using it more and more. I forgot how much I actually loved this palette! The powders are pigmented, blendable and long wearing. They're not as smooth as I would like them to be, but they're still really good quality! My palette is actually custom made. I mixed both the original kit with the medium-tan kit. The shades I have are Vanilla, Banana, Peaches & Cream, Java, Fawn and Havana. These shades are very similar to the ones in the Kat Von D Palette. I made it that way so that I can cover every skin tone! It's been working out great and I'll be keeping this in my kit forever now!

This palette is so beat, because I love it!


Another product that I been obsessing over is the Cover Fx Custom Cover Drops in G60. I know I'm the last person to purchase this, but OMG! This stuff is everything! It's so full coverage, but yet feels so light on the skin! It's like your skin, but better! It also leaves this beautiful velvet finish! It blends like a dream and it's super long wearing! Like, this stuff doesn't budge! I've been applying it with a beauty blender, which works really well! I've been mixing it with my L'Oreal Infallible foundation, since G60 is a bit dark for my skin. Both of them combined is just out of this world! It gives me the perfect color and coverage! Like, I'm so obsessed with that combination! It's been my go to foundation combo all month and I see the streak continuing for the rest of the year! If you haven't purchased these drops, please do! You'll thank me!

This product is most likely going to end up in my holy grail! I have a good feeling!


Next, I been loving the MAC Pro Longwear Concealers in NC42 and NW35. I had NW35 for the longest time and I never really used it, because I always thought that I got matched wrong. However, that's not the case at all. I was given this shade, because I have dark under eye circles (this shade has peachy undertones). It's not really a concealer that brightens my under eyes, but it definitely covers the dark circles! It just blurs everything out and leaves a natural finish! I bought NC42 for my kit! I was told that it's a popular shade for South Asian people. So, I used it on myself and I really liked it! It definitely brighten up my under eye area (which was something that NW35 didn't do). Since then, I been using both the shades together and it just gave me the perfect coverage under my eyes! I only use a bit of NC42, because I don't want my under eyes to look unnatural and too cakey! These are amazing concealers! It has a medium to full coverage! They have a great shade range! It has a nice consistency to it! It's long wearing! It also blends like a dream! It also comes with a pump and all, so it's really convenient! Now I know what the hype is about these concealers! You just need to find the right shade and combination honestly! I think these concealers may just be a part of my holy grail!
I think everyone can agree that this concealer is amazing!



Color correcting has definitely been trending this year! There's so many brands that came out with palettes, but I stuck to these Nyx Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealers in Green and Orange. These are inexpensive and come with a ton of product! I bought the Green to conceal any redness that I have on my face and the Orange for my dark under eye circles. The consistency of these are really thick, so a little does go a long way. However, they blend really nicely! They're also really creamy and pigmented! They don't feel oily and they last a really long time! I just been obsessed with them! You really don't need any of those expensive fancy palettes! All you need is to figure out which imperfections you want to correct and just invest in these! I also love these for my kit! It's just so convenient!

These are a must have!


I been using the same lip products as last month. Nothing different, but this month I've been feeling dark lips. I know it's Spring and all, but I just couldn't help it! I just had to bust out my Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania. This is my favorite deep purple! It's nice and dark. You already know how I feel about the Soft Matte Lip Creams! It's an amazing formula! It feels super rich on the lips! It just doesn't last on my lips as long as I want it to, but it only requires minimal touch ups, which doesn't bother me. Also, even though these look small, they last a really long time! This is my second year that I had it and it still has product (and I wear this a lot!). Like I said, it's not a spring color, but I just wore this every time that I went out this month! If you're looking for a nice dark purple, definitely look into this!

I'm obsessed with Transylvania!


The last product that I wanted to mention is my Makeup Geek eyeshadows. I been going in strong with my Tartelette in Bloom Palette, but I been rotating that with this custom palette. I know I said that I'll do a "What's in my Makeup Geek Palette", but I honestly haven't purchased any new shades to fill up my palette. I also really love the quality of these eyeshadows, so I do want to transfer them into a bigger Z Palette, so ya, that's why it's been on hold. I get great use out these eyeshadows! They're so pigmented and buttery smooth! They're super long lasting! They also blend really nicely! The shade range is also to die for! They also have a ton of different finishes, like Makeup Geek is big on eyeshadows! If you haven't tried them yet, girl you're missing out! They're also super affordable! I just can't get enough of them! Some of my favorite shades are Bling, Shimma Shimma, Beaches & Cream, Creme Brulee, Magic Act Frappe and Cocoa Bear. I use these in my freelance work as well. Like, it's worth every penny!

Who doesn't love Makeup Geek Eyeshadows?!


That's it for my May Favorites! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this post! What are some of your favorite products of the month? I'm going to be in Toronto this weekend, so I'll try to get something up for you guys late next week! I have a few reviews that I want to do! I also want to continue with the freelance makeup artist tips. Maybe, I'll start a series with blogging! What do you guys think? Oh and I'm always opened to suggestions and reviews, so feel free to let me know! Have a great rest of the week guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment