February 28, 2016

February Haul 2016 (Makeup)

Hey guys! I can't believe February is almost done, like even this month flew by! It's been another busy month for me! If you been reading my blog, then you know I started freelancing and it's actually a lot of work! I haven't had many clients, but I find the whole marketing aspect has been really busy. I'm trying to get my work out there and all, so it required some extra hours. However, I'm really enjoying it! I'm glad that I started and I can't wait for the summer! I've been lacking posts this month too, which I apologize for! However, I wanted this haul to go up before the month ended! I hope you guys like the goodies that I got and if you want me to talk about something on my blog, please message me! I love hearing from you guys! I've been good this month and I haven't spent that much. You'll see that half of the products are for my kit!

February Haul



I forgot to mention this last month, so I'll mention this first. I purchased the Hiker HK3401 Professional Makeup Artist Cosmetics Train Case Organizer Storage with 3 Trays and Dividers in black. I've been on a hunt for a makeup train case for so long and I couldn't find the right one without it being too expensive. So, I decided to check Amazon and they had a lot of train cases! I just wasn't feeling any of them, until I saw this one! This is honestly the perfect train case! It's big and durable! It has a lot of storage! It also wasn't that expensive. I got it for $80CAD with taxes and shipping included! It also comes with keys and a belt. If you guys want me to review this kit, let me know! So far, I'm loving it and I'm so happy that I purchased this!


I love this train case!



I made a quick trip to my local MAC. I needed a few foundation shades for my kit. I picked up the Pro Longwear Foundation in the shade NC50. I believe this is the darkest shade in the Pro Longwear line. I think I only have one dark foundation, so I wanted to expand in that range. I also got the Face and Body Foundation in C7. I really like the wear of this foundation. It's also really nice when it's mixed in with the Pro Longwear. I wanted a shade that was in between medium and tan, but it's slightly darker than what I expected. I'm still going to keep this shade, but I'm going to have to go back and get it in a few shades lighter. I also picked up the Pro Longwear Concealer in NC42. I actually own this concealer in another shade and I really do like it! It doesn't crease as fast as the other concealers do and I love the coverage! It's also long wearing! I picked up this shade, because the MAC employee told me it was a popular shade for Indian people. I also figured since it's a liquid I could use it as a mixer to make the foundation lighter or darker. I'm waiting to get my MAC discount card, so that's why I'm buying a bit at a time.

Just some foundations for my kit!



Next, I placed a order online at Nyx. So, they're Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks came back in stock, so I picked up 4 of the shades! I wanted to get them all, but I already have so many liquid lipsticks, so I had to tame myself. I picked up Honeymoon (cool brown with grey undertones) , Beauty Mark (cool fudge brown), Embellishment (cool mauvey nude) and Teddy (chocolate brown). I reviewed Push Up http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2016/01/nyx-lingerie-liquid-lipstick-in-push-up.html. Overall, the formula is nice and comfortable. It's pretty long wearing and for the price you can't go wrong! If you guys want swatches, let me know and I can dedicate a post to that! I'm not going to review them individually, since the formula is the same for all the colors, so just check out the review on Push Up! I also got the Concealer Jar in Green. I use green and orange correctors the most, so I wanted to get a full size of these correctors. Unfortunately, the Orange shade was sold out, so I just got the Green one. The green color is to correct blemishes or any redness on your face. I bought it mostly for my kit.

I'm so addicted to Nyx!



Next, I placed 2 orders on Sephora. I got 2 of the Retractable Brow Pencils in the shades Rich Chestnut (chestnut brown) and Midnight Brown (medium cool brown) for my kit. These are a dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz!  They have the same results! The only difference is that the ABH Brow Wiz is a bit more creamier than the Sephora ones. These are $16CAD, which is a lot cheaper than the Brow Wiz. I'm officially hooked onto these and I'll definitely be getting one for my personal use. I recommended the Clinique one last year, because it was really nice and it was a  dupe for the ABH Brow Wiz, however the Sephora brand tops that one! Sephora also carries a lot more shades than Clinique!

I love these!



Next, I purchased the Anastasia Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood. This shade was sold out, so when I saw it in stock, I had to get it! Everyone raves about how much of a perfect nude it is, so we'll see. I already own Potion and I really like the formula. It's super pigmented, smooth, long wearing and doesn't dry out your lips! I'm so happy that Sephora sells these liquid lipsticks and I hope all the shades come to Sephora! Next, I purchased the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy. I been wanting this for the longest time! I was so happy when it came back in stock! It's the perfect gold glitter! I been loving glitter lately, so I'll definitely be getting the other shades soon! Lastly, I purchased the Too Faced Love Flush Blush Wardrobe. This is a blush palette with 6 beautiful shades! I never tried a blush from Too Faced, so I figured why not get this. I have a lot of blushes already, but I just heard so many good things about their blushes, that I caved. I still haven't played with it, but it's at Sephora live, so get it before it sells out (it's limited edition)!


How gorgeous is the Too Faced Blush Palette?!



So, that's all that I purchased. I've been trying to be good. I also got sent a few things that I wanted to share. Born Pretty Store actually sent me face brushes to review. They contacted me in December and so, we started exchanging messages. I'm so thankful for them to reach out to me! I did research on them and wow, they're stuff is super cheap! I saw a bunch of reviews on their stuff and they were all positive. They're a company from Singapore, which is why they're stuff is so inexpensive. Like, this brush set that they sent me retails for $12USD! I mean where else can you get 5 face brushes for that price??!! I'm not going to talk too much about these brushes, but there's going to be a review on them, so stay tuned! So far, they're absolutely gorgeous and I do like them! If you want to purchase from them, use the code DPLH10 to get 10% off!

Yes all these brushes are $12USD! Crazy, right?! So gorgeous!



Next, Influenster sent me the Bioré Vobox for testing purposes! I love Bioré, so when I found out that I was going to get their products, I was super excited! I got both the Baking Soda Pore Cleanser and the Baking Soda Cleansing Scrub. I love products for pores, so I'm so happy to receive these! I'm almost done writing the reviews on these 2 products, so look out for that! It should be uploaded some time this week!

Gotta love Bioré!



That concludes my February Haul! If you guys want me to review anything, please let me know! I know it wasn't that much, but I decided to share it with you guys anyways! It also makes my life a lot easier when I do my yearly favorites! So ya, I hope you guys have an amazing week! I'm looking forward to March and I hope the weather gets better, because I'm so fed up with winter!


2 comments:

  1. That Too Faced blush palette is gorgeous! I'm new to your blog, so if you don't mind me asking, how did you get into freelancing? Are there any platforms or websites you especially recommend? (Feel free to just send me links if you don't want to go into all over again it in the comments).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! So, I haven't really spoke about how I got started, but I was planning on talking about it soon. So, if you want, you can subscribe to my blog that way you can get informed when I post new things. I'll try to get it up soon. But basically, I didn't go to makeup school, I just taught it myself. I watched thousands and thousands of Youtube videos (by Desi Perkis, Lustrelux, Jaclyn Hill and so on), but what really helped me was taking Dress Your Face's (Tamanna Roshan) online classes. She goes step by step! By then, I knew how to apply makeup, but I find she helped me perfect my application. It also requires A LOT of practice. I was practicing for a year until I felt like I was ready. It's also important to do research. Basically looking at which products are good, which techniques and methods work for different kind of skin tones, how to get the makeup last all day and so on. It seems like it's a lot, but honestly work at your pace! Try to do makeup on your friends and family, so that you get used to it! And work with different skin tones and textures! I hope this helps! I'm going to post my first bridal experience in a few days and after that I'll talk about how I started in more details! Good luck doll! xox

      Delete