February 15, 2016

Fashion Week Makeup Trends 2016

I don't know about you guys, but I just get so excited for fashion week! I'm just so interested to see what the new trends are! Like, if I could, I would have went to New York! Due to school, I had no choice, but to just check out the pictures and videos online. Instagram was flooded with pictures and I just fell in love with so many designers! So ya, I've been legit looking at pictures non stop. I also paid close attention to the makeup and I noticed a lot of interesting trends! Also, Dress Your Face (Tamanna) took over Sephora's Snapchat and went backstage to snap the makeup looks. It was really interesting, so I figured I'd give you guys my thoughts on these new trends! There were a lot of interesting looks! There were some that were simple and there were definitely really exaggerated looks! I'll just be mentioning the few common trends that I noticed and that I been hearing a lot about lately! So ya, I hope you guys enjoy this post!


Some of the products that I used for these looks and products that I recommend!



1) Bold Lips
I'm so happy that bold lips are still trending, because it honestly just puts the whole look together! The common color was red! It's so feminine and beautiful that most models were rocking it! There was barely any eye makeup and just that red lip. Honestly, you can never go wrong with red and it suits everyone! There were a lot of models that were also wearing a vampy lip as well! I LOVE vampy lips. There was both vampy reds and purples that models were wearing! Again, a vampy lip is gorgeous with a minimal eye makeup! It also suits any skin tone!


Jeffree Star's Velour Liquid Lipstick in Redrum. The perfect true red!



2) Feathered brows
I actually been seeing feathered brows quite often lately and definitely a lot of models had that going on. In case you didn't know, feathered eyebrows look more natural. It's the complete opposite to that whole bold eyebrows that was trending before. The key to feathered brows is to brush the hair at an upward angle. I'll be honest, I never liked the crisp cut clean bold eyebrows. They just looked beyond fake and it just draws too much attention to them! The feathered brows definitely doesn't bring too much attention to your brows and it just looks so natural. It's perfect for any makeup look! No need to create harsh lines and a whole new eyebrow for no reason! Just stick to your natural brows and fill them in lightly!


3) A deep crease with a pastel on the lid
Tamanna pointed out that a lot of the looks consisted a deep brown crease with a pastel eyeshadow on the lid. It was definitely a common look. It just creates that soft vintage look. I'm a huge fan of this look and it's so easy! So, if you had trouble with eyeshadows, this look is definitely for you! All you need is a dark matte brown eyeshadow (I recommend Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeshadow in Hot Chocolate) and any light pastel eyeshadow that you desire! You take any blending brush (I recommend the MAC 217) and you blend the dark brown into your crease. Then you take any eyeshadow brush (I love the Younique Cream Shadow brush) and you pat on the pastel shade. Then, take the blending brush with no product and then go over your crease again to blend your eyeshadows, so that there is no harsh lines! Voila, your eye makeup is done! Just pat on some brow bone highlight and you're good to go! This is basically my daily eye look, it's so easy and simple! If you guys want, I highly recommend Tarte's Tartelette! It's a gorgeous eyeshadow palette that has everyday colors!


4) Blue
Speaking of eyeshadows, did you guys see all that blue makeup going on? Blue was definitely the iconic color for the fashion show! So many models were rocking it different ways! For example, Kendall Jenner's makeup was so stunning in the Diane Von Furstenberg show. She just had a gorgeous blue going on the lid with a nice medium green on the lower lash line! It was absolutely stunning! We also saw a lot of models with minimal eyeshadows and that pop of blue on the lash line! In the Phillip Lim show, there was a model that had blue in her inner lash line and then blue on the top outter lash line. It was something very unique that look really nice! We also saw a lot of models with blue all over the crease! The Chanel models even boxed their whole eye area with blue. It was just really nice to see all the different looks! I love the color blue, so it's definitely a color I'll be using a lot!

I love blue eyeshadow! 



5) Metallic Foiled Eyeliner
In Tamanna's snapchat, we saw that in one of her shows, all the models had minimal makeup with a metallic foiled eyeliner going on. I actually loved that look! It's something different, but it's not too much. It just puts the whole look together! We also seen several makeup artists on Youtube and Instagram that been using glitter liners as there eyeliners to create a wing. It's just so nice! I actually purchased the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy, because I been obsessing over that look! I really wanted to give it a try!


Urban Decay's Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy



6) Glitter
Glitter is definitely in! I'm obsessed with it! There were so many models that just had glitter going on everywhere! There were looks with glitter on the lid, all over the crease and on the lower lash line! I even saw glitter contour, like it was crazy! The whole contour was made with glitter! Lit Cosmetics have amazing glitter, if you guys are on a glitter hunt! Even, Makeup Forever has really nice glitter!



7) Luminous skin
Honestly, who doesn't want luminous skin? It's just so beautiful and you're glowing within! I want to say almost all the models had that dewy finish going on! It just looked so healthy! Since most of the makeup was minimal, it put the whole look together! Liquid illuminators are key to luminous skin! So, if you have a matte foundation that you really like, just purchase a liquid illumintor and mix it in with your foundation! I highly recommend the Gerard Cosmetics illuminator and the one by Inglot! There's also Becca liquid illuminators that I heard really good things about!


That luminous glow! I'm actually using the L'Oréal Cushion foundation in this picture!



8)Strobing with minimal contour
Strobing was huge last year and it's still big this year! Every model had strobing going on! Everyone was beautifully highlighted with minimal contour. I know a lot of people say that strobing took over contouring, which is not true! People still use contouring, just the contours aren't as deep as what they used to be. Most people go light handed with the contour and focus more on the glow now! I slowly started doing that, but I still have my days that I want a deep contour! I've read somewhere that makeup artists were using Vaseline to highlight their top cheek bones to create that glossy highlight on some models. That's really interesting, I would have never thought of that! I know a lot of people are obsessed with layering on highlighters and many people do prefer that wet highlight look. I just never thought of a glossy highlight. It actually looked really good in pictures. Maybe I'll test it out for you guys!


9) Just mascara
A lot of the looks only had mascara on and no eye liner! That means no more struggling with liquid or gel liners! A lot of models also weren't wearing false lashes. I'm guessing the reason behind this is to make the crease pop and keep the makeup as  minimal as possible. I personally don't mind just wearing mascara, but I'm not going to lie, I love a wing and false lashes once in awhile!


10) Mauve is the new nude
I feel like these days everyone is obsessed with mauve and I'm not surprised, because it's a gorgeous color! It suits every skin tone! It's the perfect every day color! A lot of models wore mauve as a nude instead of that true nude. The mauve lip does add a little something to the look, since a lot of the makeup was simple. Tamanna said on snapchat that a lot of artists were using Natural Mauve lip liner by Lancome. They just applied that lip liner as a lipstick and that's it. I actually own this lip liner and since it's so creamy and long lasting, that's all you need!



That's about it for this post! These were the common trends that I noticed. We already saw some of this in the previous years, but it's nice to see it trending again this year! I find this year it's really about soft faces. A lot of models had minimal makeup going on! I was always a fan of that no makeup look, so it's definitely nice to see it trending. But ya, I loved fashion week and I loved the makeup! It honestly gets me so inspired to be different  and try out new things! So ya, let me know what you guys thought about the fashion week makeup! What are trends that you noticed that you liked or didn't like?

No comments:

Post a Comment