January 7, 2017

Wright Artistry: HD Pigment in Jet Set Review

Hey guys, so this review will be about another new brand called Wright Artistry. You guys already know that I love discovering and trying out new brands! I've been in contact with the owner, Robin Wright for a few months now and she was kind enough to send me 2 products from her line! She sent me her HD Pigment in Jet Set and her Lip Gloss in Supernatural. This review will specifically be on the HD Pigment. Before I get into the review, let's talk about Wright Artistry. The owner of this brand is Robin Wright, who is also a makeup artist. This brand is located in Toronto! They sell pro makeup products. If you're a makeup artist, I highly recommend that you check them out! They have amazing products for your kit that are super versatile! They cover anything from eyeshadows to glitter to lip products and so on! What I like about this brand is that they're always ready to grow! For 2017, Robin explained to me that she wanted to branch out to women of color!  Robin saw that women of color have a hard time finding the right shades, therefore she wanted to branch out to this market and offer top quality makeup that is lightweight and comfortable to wear. They want to provide a wide range of foundation shades ranging from light medium to dark. They'll be adding a skincare line as well, which is always exciting! They're in the process of re-hauling their whole website, which will be launching on January 7th! They're also giving their app a whole new look! They definitely have big plans for 2017 and I cannot wait to see all the new changes! I recommend that you follow them on Instagram @shopwrightartistry to be up to date! Now, let's get into the review on their Jet Set HD Pigment!

Wright Artistry


Starting off with the packaging! Normally, I'm not a fan of loose pigment! I just find it so messy, however, this packaging is so convenient! It actually looks like nail polish packaging that is made out of hard plastic. You twist the cap off and you have this part that you pull. That part is actually the brush, which picks up the product for you to avoid any mess! I just don't like the brush itself. The bristles bend and look messy after a few uses (This is now not an issue, because they changed the packaging for the loose pigments as they just relaunched their website and products!). However, it still places the product perfectly! I've never seen packaging like this for a pigment before, but it's honestly so smart! This is something that I would expect from a super high end brand, such as Tom Ford, so good for Wright Artistry for thinking this through! Wright Artistry also has that clear and black packaging going on, which is always classy! You can purchase their products on their website, which is https://www.wrightartistry.com/. They only sell their products through their website, they have no other retailers! This HD Pigment retails for $18CAD. You can use my code "MakeupCheckSave10" to save 10% off your order!

Jet Set


The applicator is a great idea, just the bristles bend a little after a few uses (No longer an issue with the new packaging!)



Jet Set is honestly such a stunning shade! It looks like it's a pearly white, but it's actually a stunning gold with light turquoise shimmer and iridescence. It's actually really hard to describe this shade! It truly is stunning and I've never seen a shade like this before! You can really get creative with it!

No Flash (The camera doesn't do it justice. It really is absolutely stunning in person!)


With Flash (Again, the camera does it no justice!)



Let's talk about the formula now. This pigment is super smooth and highly concentrated. Again, it's not messy, so it's really easy to apply! Since it's loose, there will be fallout, so be careful! It's super long wearing and it blends out really nicely! It doesn't streak or cake! It's shimmery, but it's not overpowering! It's very versatile, which is always a good thing! I've used this as an eyeshadow, highlighter and lip topper. As eyeshadow, it's stunning! It does come off white, but once the light reflects, you see the gold and blue! It's also a stunning highlighter! It just reflects a stunning light gold with blue through it! I did have to use another gold highlighter as a base, but you can definitely wear this on it's own, but it does require you to build it up for that opaque highlight! As a lip topper, it's just beautiful! You'll see in the pictures that I only focused it on the center of my lips. You can definitely be different and apply it all over your lips! It truly is a stunning shade and a great formula!

I used Jet Set as my eyeshadow, highlight topper and on the center of my lips!


It's such a stunning shade to wear all over your lid!


Bottom line, I'm obsessed with Jet Set! The formula is really nice and I love the packaging! Like I said, the shade is just so unique and beautiful! It let's you be creative! You can get multiple uses out of it! So ya, that's my review on this HD Pigment! I highly recommend that you guys check out this brand, especially if you're a makeup artist! What do you guys think of this brand? What are your thoughts on Jet Set?

No comments:

Post a Comment