January 7, 2017

Wright Artistry: Lip Gloss in Supernatural Review

Hey guys, so I'll be reviewing the second product that Wright Artistry sent me, which is their Lip Gloss in Supernatural. I did a brief introduction and overview of this brand on my last post, so check it out here, if you haven't read it yet. That was also my review for the first product that they sent me, which was their HD Pigment in Jet Set. As mentioned in that review, follow them on Instagram at @shopwrightartistry to get the latest updates! They even have the Wright Artistry App, which is another way to be up to date with them! Now, let's just jump into this review!

Wright Artistry


Let's start off with the packaging. It comes in a basic lip gloss tube with a black cap. I personally like basic packaging like this! It just looks classy. The packaging is sturdy. The dope foot applicator is also really nice! It spreads the product evenly and it's not to firm or soft! It also has a really nice shape to it! It retails for $16CAD and you can only purchase it on the Wright Artistry website (click here). You can use my code "MakeupCheckSave10" to save 10% off your order!

Supernatural Lip Gloss


The applicator


Let's quickly talk about the shade Supernatural. It's a nice medium burgundy. What I like about it is that it's not too light or dark, which makes it suitable for any skin tone! It's also a shade that you can wear all year round! It truly is a stunning shade! Unfortunately, Supernatural is discontinued, but they have Black Cherry and Venom, which are very similar shades! 

The swatch


Now let's get into the formula! The pigmentation is medium. It's not too sheer or  pigmented, which gives you the option of wearing it as a topper or on it's own. I actually prefer that in a lip gloss, because normally I like to wear lip glosses as a topper. The finish is of course glossy! This shade doesn't have any shimmer in it, it's just a glossy burgundy. You can definitely build it up, so that it's more on the full coverage side. The lip gloss is light weight. It feels comfortable on the lips!  It does transfer, but you can wear it for 3 hours, if you don't eat or drink.  It's a really nice lip gloss, but my only complain is that it's sticky. It's definitely not the stickiest lip gloss that I've used, you can definitely bare with it.

This is Supernatural with no lip liner or lipstick


This is Supernatural over MAC's Diva

This is what Supernatural looks like over MAC's Lip Liner in Stripdown with the Wright Artistry HD Pigment in Jet Set


Overall, I really like this Lip Gloss! The formula is nice and for the price, you can't go wrong with it! I'm really impressed with Wright Artistry's products! They're doing a great job and I can't wait to see all the new projects that they have planned for us this year! Again, read my previous post to find out more information about this brand! I mentioned in that review that this brand is great for makeup artists! They're also branching out to women of color, so if you always had a hard time finding the perfect shade and product, Wright Artistry is the way to go! Let me know if you pick up anything from this brand and which products you've been enjoying! I'll be posting my Best of Beauty Products 2016 soon, as well as reviews on some Avon products! Stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment