August 4, 2016

What's in my Travel Makeup Bag? (Florida 2016)

I can't believe it's August! Like it's crazy how time flies! I feel like all I've done this summer was just work. Even on my only day off, I would be working on my website or blog or my freelance stuff. Like, it's been a very productive summer, so I'm happy in that sense. Also, I find all this isn't even really "work" to me. I actually enjoy every bit of it! Like, I get so excited when I sit down to write on my blog and stuff! I purchased a ring light and a camera, so I get super excited to do makeup looks for Instagram. Like, I may not be out with my friends 24/7, but I'm still having fun! So, my family decided to finally take a family vacation. Those of you that know me, know that I don't really do vacations. I'm someone that always has something, so I was really hesitant about taking time off. My parents never really plan vacations and this was actually my aunt's idea, so she's been trying to convince us. We finally agreed to it. The last time that I went on a legit vacation with my family was almost 10 years ago and I decided you know what, why not? I know I need a vacation, they need a vacation, so let's just do it! We're driving down to  Disney World and Clearwater beach! This is my first time going to Florida (like I said I never travel!), so I CAN'T wait! We're around 12 people going. I'll be gone from August 5th until the 16th! If you don't see me posting anything, well now you know why! I wanted to do this  "What's in my Makeup Travel Bag?", so that you guys get a glance of my favorite products and new products that I'm currently testing out! This will also help those of you that are leaving for vacation! I'm not going to lie, I have quite a bit of stuff. Clearly "light packing" isn't my thing! I won't be going too much into detail about each product! I really want to keep this post as short as possible, so I'll just be naming things and I'll elaborate on a few products! So ya, let's get it started!


Whose ready to see what's in my makeup travel bag?!



We'll start with makeup products first and then go to skincare stuff! 

-Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: This is of course my holy grail and I don't go a single day without using this setting spray when I do my makeup! It's definitely long lasting and ideal for a vacation slay!
-Nyx Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray: Since this is such a small bottle, I figured it would be perfect to keep it on me, in case I get a little shinny and I just need to freshen up my makeup! It definitely keeps you matte!
-MAC Fix Plus in the Cucumber Scent: I mean this is another holy grail product that I always use! I love to use this to hydrate my face! It also helps the makeup apply better! I also use it to make eyeshadows pop and to set my face for a dewy look! 


Essentials!


I customized a Medium Z Palette, so that it would be convenient to bring some of my favorite products! I didn't want to carry them in the palettes that they're in or else it'd be too much! I put in all my contour and highlight shades in here, along with a few of my favorite neutral eyeshadows! 
-Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit:
1)Banana: To highlight with
2)Peaches and Cream: To correct my under eye area!
3)Fawn: This light cool tone brown is nice to contour with
4)Havana: I love to use this dark warm brown on top of my contour (I use it very lightly!) to add warmth!
-MAC Eyeshadows:
1)Honey Lust: Medium glittery peach (lustre)
2)Soft Brown: peachy brown (matte)
-Makeup Geek Eyeshadows (one of my favorite eyeshadow formulas!):
1)Bling: Frosted white (shimmer). It's unfortunately discontinued, but I love to use this as a brow bone highlight!
2)Beaches and Cream: Peace beige (matte)
3)Magic Act: True medium gold (foiled)
4) Purely Naked: Light brown with shimmer (matte with shimmer)
5)Creme Brulee: Medium brown with peachy undertones (matte)
6) Ritzy: Reddish brown base with gold and green reflects (duochrome)
7)Frappe: Warm caramel brown (almost matte)


Just neutrals!



-Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Gleam: I just purchased this product and I really want to play with these highlighters! I own That Glow and I love the formula of these kits! 
-MAC Oh Darling Highlighter: This is limited edition! It's a stunning true gold highlighter! Since Gleam didn't have a true gold highlighter, I figured I would bring this! 



Yup only 2  highlighters!


-MAC Extra Dimension Bronzing Powder in Delphic: Mine is in this limited edition packaging, but I believe you can purchase this at MAC, since this shade is a part of their regular collection (but I could be wrong). I never used this bronzer, so I figured I would give it a go! I've swatched it a million times and I really like how the powder feels! 
-Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder Contrast Highlighter: This is another new product in my collection! I figured that I would bring it with me, so that when I get back, I can post a review on it!


How pretty are these?


-Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: Another holy grail product! I love this primer! It helps my makeup last all day and blurs out any imperfections! It's also good for your pores! I'll just be bringing my deluxe size!
-Givenchy Mister Mat Primer: This is an amazing primer to help your foundation stay matte throughout the day! You can apply it under your foundation or on top! I use it under my foundation in my t zone area, since I get oily the fastest there! 
-Guerlain L'Or Pure Radiance Face Primer: I received this at Sephora for the 100 points perk! I really want to test it out and see if it's worth the full size!


Primers are key!


-L'OrĂ©al Infallible Foundation in Sun Beige: You already know this is my holy grail foundation! Sun Beige is the perfect summer shade, because of it's warm yellow undertones! 
-MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation in NC42: It's the only waterproof foundation that I own, so that's why I'm bringing it with me. It's an ok foundation, it's definitely not my favorite and I don't hate it either! 
-Cover Fx Custom Drops in G60: I been obsessed with this! It's just a bit darker than my skin, but I'm hoping that I get a nice tan so that I can wear this on it's own! 
-Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder Foundation in 107. I love this full coverage powder foundation! I'm planning on using this when I just want to do minimal 
makeup! 
What are your picks?



-Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony: This has been my go to brow product! I absolutely love using this! It can be difficult to use at first, but once you get used to it, you'll fall in love with it!
-Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink: This is another holy grail product! I love how pigmented, smooth and long wearing this gel liner is! 
-Mac Paint Pot in Soft Ochre: This is another holy grail product! I use this every time that I do my makeup! Nothing primes my eyes better than this stuff!
My favorite line up!



-Make Up For Ever Excessive Lash: This is another deluxe size that I received from Sephora. I used it once and I found it very lengthening! So, I want to continue using it to see if it's worth the full size!
-L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara: I love this mascara for my bottom lashes! It lengthens them to a whole new level! 
-Buxom Waterproof Lash Mascara: I'm bringing this with me in case I decide to go to the beach with makeup on. We all know I would be extra like that, so I'll definitely need some waterproof mascara with me! 



Mascaras!



-Tweezerman Tweezer: I love this tweezer! I use them for my eyebrows and to put lashes on! 
-Morphe WSP lashes: These are the only lashes that I'm bringing with me! My Huda Beauty lashes in Samantha got ruined, so I'll just be sticking to these! Since I'm going to be doing more natural looks, I wanted to pair it with natural lashes!  
-Duo Brush On Adhesive: I love this lash glue! It's super long wearing!
Yup, just bringing only one pair of lashes!


-Tarte Inner Rim Liner: I love to use this in my waterline! It's super creamy and lasts a lot longer than most eyeliners! It's the perfect nude to open up your eyes!
-Gerard Cosmetics BB+ Illumination: This is the perfect gold illuminator! It's so natural and it makes it look like you're glowing within! 
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 25: I think it's time to give my MAC Pro Longwear Concealers a break and go back to my old favorite concealer! I used to use this all the time! It has the perfect coverage and consistency to it! It also doesn't crease and it's long wearing! 
-MAC Liquid Last Liner in Lion Babe: I still haven't used this! I think it's time to give it a go and use it on my vacation! It's a nice bronzey coppery shade! This is a limited edition item!
-MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder: Mine is in this gorgeous limited edition packaging! I keep this in my purse for quick touch ups! It's not my favorite pressed powder, but it gets the job done! I just don't like the chalky feel to it!


A mixture of things!


-Younique Sharpener: You never know when you'll need a sharpener! So, it's best to be prepared!
-Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisture Cream: This cream just gives you that extra moisture to the skin! My under eye area can be dry, so I like to apply this and let it sit for a few minutes before I start doing my makeup!
 
Some other essentials!



-Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Banana: I decided to give my Laura Mericer Setting Powder a break and take this powder with me! I do like this powder to bake with, but it can dry out my skin, so I can't bake too long with it! I also need to make sure that my skin is moisturized or else my makeup will just look patchy! It's a nice powder, but you just have to be careful with it!

Banana Powder!



-Nars Hardwired Eyeshadow in Outer Limits: This is a gorgeous rose gold shade! It's absolutely stunning, like you just can't keep your eyes off it! I wanted to review this product before leaving on vacation, but I just didn't have the time, so I'll be bringing it with me, so that I can test it out! 

I'm excited to play with this!


-MAC Lip Pencil in Hip N Happy: Gorgeous light pink! I love to pair this with Saint Germain
-MAC Lip Pencil in Stripdown: It's safe to say that this is also a part of my holy grail! It's the perfect medium warm brown! 
-MAC Lip Pencil in Soar: It's a gorgeous mauvey pink! I love to wear this shade on it's own!
-Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner in Nude Medium: This is the perfect medium nude! I love to wear this lip liner on it's own! It's very creamy and super convenient, since it has a built in sharpener! 

Some of my favorite lip liners!



-Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Seoul: Vibrant purple. This would definitely be a fun bold color for my vacation!
-Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita: Mauvey rosey nude. 
-Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi: The perfect pinky nude. 
-Sephora Cream Lip Stain in #7: This is a dark satin purple. This used to be my go to at one point! It's more of a fall color, but I love dark colors!  
-Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte in Cher: I feel like this is the perfect pink that's not too bright or too nude! 



My lip products!




-MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl: It's a beautiful light cool toned pink. Amerzy always raves about this lip gloss, ao I figured why not finally try it on! I had it since November and I only swatched it! I can't believe I never wore this!
-Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Gilded: I was obviously going to bring this with me! It's a gorgeous shimmery antique gold! 

Lip Gloss is a must!



-L'Oreal Collection Privee by Jlo in Jennifer's Nude: This is a stunning warm nude. I used to be obsessed with this lipstick! 
-MAC Lipstick in Saint Germain: Pastel pink (matte). This was my first MAC lipstick, so you know we have a special kind of bond! I haven't wore this is awhile, so I decided to bring it with me on vacation! 
-Rimmel Kate Lipstick in 101: Medium pink (satin). I love to pair this pink with any kind of makeup look! 

Lipsticks!


-Smashbox Master Class Palette: Lightning Theory: This is another product that I want to review on my blog that I haven't played with yet! It's a really nice palette to travel with! You have your eyeshadows, contour shades, highlighters, correctors and blushes! I'm excited to try this out! 

I'm excited to try this palette!



Ya that's quite a bit of products, but I'm the type of person that thinks of every situation! Like, I just love having options! Now, let's move onto some skincare products! 

-Tatcha  Ritual Discovery KitPure: One Step Camellia Cleansing OilPolished: Classic Rice Enzyme PowderSupple: Moisture Rich Silk Cream and Radiant: Deep Brightening Serum. I love to use these products, so why not bring them! 

I love this routine!


-Alien Radiant Body Cream: I got this as a 100 points perk at Sephora and wow, this is a very generous size! I'm so impressed with how big it is and how chic this packaging is! So, this stuff is supposed to give your body that radiant look! I'm excited to try this out! I never heard of this brand before, so I'm curious! This product looks very promising! Let me know if you want me to do a mini review on it!

I'm, really excited about this!



-Laneige Water Sleeping Mask: I've used this a few times and I absolutely love it! It's just so hydrating and nourishing on the skin! This is a deluxe size by the way! I plan on purchasing the full size! Laneige products are really nice honestly, definitely check them out!
-Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash: I figured I would also bring a regular face wash just in case I run out of my Tatcha Cleansing Oil! This is also a deluxe size. However, it has a generous amount! 

I been loving these products!



-Soap&Glory Heel Genius Foot Cream: This is definitely an essential! I forgot to mention it in my July Favorites, but this stuff has been saving me! I have really dry feet and this stuff legit keeps them moisturized for days!

-Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hands and Stronger Nails: I just purchased this stuff recently. I wanted a good hand cream that will keep my hands moisturized. I love Vaseline products, so I hope this product will work out! 

Some must haves!


-Nivea Body Milk: I obviously need a moisturizer! I purchased this stuff, because MakeupShayla always raves about Nivea!

Gotta keep your skin moisturized!


-TruSelf Organics Detoxifying Mask: I figured I'd bring this since it has multiple benefits! It's convenient to just carry this, than several different masks!

I love this mask!


- Maybelline Baby Lips: I decided to bring this lip balm, since it has SPF in it! It'd be ideal for the beach!
-Garnier Fresh Makeup Wipes: I mean I can't travel without makeup wipes! These are inexpensive and get the work done! 
And lastly! 

That's it! I know I packed a lot of stuff! I know I could have cut it down, but you know, I rather be safe than sorry! So, I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Be sure to be following me on Instagram if you want to see pictures from my trip @divyapatel_mua! I'll only be able to post things on my blog once I get back, so I hope you guys have a great weekend and week!

No comments:

Post a Comment