March 30, 2016

March 2016 Haul (Makeup)

Hey guys! Wow, I realized that in March I only spoke about skincare products! I hope you guys still found the reviews interesting! Honestly, I just reviewed what's been on my list for awhile! I didn't do it on purpose or anything, but in April, I'll definitely be talking more about makeup! There's a lot of collections that came out this month! But anyways, let's get into this haul! I haven't been splurging a lot! I'm actually really proud of myself! This whole month, I haven't bought anything from Sephora! Like, how crazy is that?! I always purchase from Sephora, like every month! I honestly gave myself a pat on the back! But, there's a lot of products that I want from Sephora! I'm just waiting for the VIB sale!

My March Haul


Alright, so let's talk about my purchases from Walmart. I went in to purchase the L'Oréal Infallible Foundation! I'm almost out of mine, so I wanted to restock! I purchased the shade Sun Beige. I was using Fresh Beige and I find it's a bit light for me. Like, I have to bronze my face for it to match me perfectly, so I wanted to try a shade up. I swatched it in store and it seems like a pretty good match, so we'll see how it goes (I still haven't opened this)! Also, I purchased the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in Seduction. I've tried this on and let me say, I'm not a fan of it. First of all, it's not matte, it's more of a satin finish. Secondly, it doesn't dry and it transfers! This is more of a lip cream (like the Nyx Matte Lip Creams), so it's not going to dry and it's not long wearing! It feels hydrating on the lips, but I wanted a legitimate matte liquid lipstick, so that's why I was disappointed. I really thought this was going to be a liquid lipstick.

Gotta stock up on the Infallible


Next, I purchased the Dove Dry Spray, which is a anti-perspirant. You know how they say deodorants are bad, so I wanted to try something else. I'm not sure if this is any better though, I still have to do my research! I've used this several times and it's pretty good! I don't have to worry about smelling bad. By the way, I got the Cucumber scented one and it smells okay. I find my Dove deodorant in Cucumber smelt better. I also purchased the Dove Go Fresh Body Wash.This is probably my 5th one. I absolutely love this body wash and it smells amazing! It leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated!      


I love Dove products!
    

             
Next, I purchased the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Multi-Palette from The Bay. So, Estee Lauder is back at it again with the Bronze Goddess collection! The highlighter from last year is also available on The Bay's website! Here's a review on that highlighter, if you guys are interested: http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/03/estee-lauder-bronze-goddess.html. I'm going to be doing a review on it soon, so I'm not going to say much about it! But, it looks stunning and it's a perfect palette to throw in your purse! It comes with a highlighter, blush and bronzer! I should be uploading the review sometime next week, so look out for that!

The new Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Multi Palette


My last purchase was from Mac online. So, Mac reduced their prices on eyeshadow refills and  palettes! Before the eyeshadow refills retailed for $12CAD and now, they're $8CAD! They're a lot more affordable now and it gave me a reason to purchase them! If you been following my blog since last year, then you know that I started a MAC palette. I got the double sided palette only for eyeshadows! I completed one side and didn't really have much on the other side until now! Here is the link to my "What's in my MAC Eyeshadow Palette":http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/06/whats-in-my-mac-eyeshadow-palette.html. So ya, I picked up 9 eyeshadows. I'm not going to be describing each color of the eyeshadow or anything, because I'm almost done my palette and I'll be doing a separate review on them! So, just give me a couple of weeks and that review will be up! But, if you never tried a MAC eyeshadow before and you want to know how I feel about the formula, just click on the link that I posted above! I purchased the shades Nylon, Retrospeck, Honesty, Haux, Silver Ring, Cork, Blackberry, Plumage and Charcoal Brown. I tried to get some fun colors, but I did get a few neutrals. I'm still missing 3 shades. I'm going to have to get a matte black for sure. I'm not sure which other shades to get, but I want them to be bold and different. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!
I'm so excited to play with these!


So, that concludes this haul. It was really small. The Sephora VIB sale actually starts next week! I'm going to be making my list soon, so if you guys want me to write a detailed post on when the sale starts and some suggestions, let me know! I still haven't got an invite yet, but I really hope that I can make it! I couldn't attend the last event in December and last year when I went in the Spring, I didn't have much time. I swear so much to do these days, it's crazy! Hope you guys are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment