March 13, 2016

Bioré: Baking Soda Cleansing Scrub Review

Hey guys! So if you read my previous post, then you know that Influenster sent me these complimentary Bioré goodies for testing purposes. I received both the cleanser and scrub. These are new products that Bioré added to their line this year. I already reviewed the Bioré Baking Soda Cleanser. If you guys are interested in reading that, here is the link :   http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2016/03/biore-baking-soda-pore-cleanser-review.html . This post will be on the scrub that they sent me! So ya, let's get into the review!


Bioré Baking Soda goodies!


Let's talk about the packaging first. It comes in a plastic bottle. You just push the navy blue part to access the product. The hole isn't big, so you don't have to worry about getting too much product. The lid also shuts firmly, so you don't have to worry about it spilling! The product itself looks like baking soda. It's a powder scrub. It has a fresh scent to it, just like the cleanser (I love the scent!). It comes with 128g of product. You can purchase this at any drugstore that sells Bioré! I don't know the exact price, but I'm assuming it retails for $10-13CAD, which isn't bad, since you get a ton of product!

Bioré Baking Soda Cleansing Scrub


Let's talk about what this product is meant to do. The powder scrub activates with water to form gentle, fizzy face scrub that dissolves oil and impurities while gently exfoliating the skin. You can use it 2-3 times a week!


Another look at it


It's really simple to use. Firstly, you want to wet your face. It's best to use warm water, so that your pores can open up. I find the best time to deep clean your pores is right after a shower, so that your pores are already opened! You dispense a quarter amount of product into your hand. Then, you add water to activate the scrub. The more water you add, the softer the cleansing action. Then, you massage it all over your face. Then, rinse thoroughly.


I been using this for about a month now. I really do like this product! I find you don't get fast results like it states on the packaging, but throughout the month, you do see a difference! I find it does deep clean my pores and my skin just looks a lot healthier! I also like how it's not harsh and how I didn't get red after using this! I do find the scrub can be drying. I didn't need to use a moisturizer after the cleanser, but after the scrub, I highly recommend it! My skin doesn't get flakey, but it just feels dry. The results are also better if you let it sit on your face for 3-5 minutes before washing off the scrub and as mentioned, use warm water to open up your pores! Overall, this product works really well on it's own, but it just doesn't give you instant results. So, keep using it 2-3 times a week and you'll see the results throughout the month!


Now, is the results better when you use the scrub with the cleanser? I didn't really see a huge difference. The cleanser obviously makes my face feel super clean and soft, but in terms of cleaning my pores, I find the scrub works well on it's own. It's not an obligation to purchase the cleanser for better results, because you're not going to see a huge difference. However, the cleanser is a really nice product to clean your face!

Another look at both these goodies

Overall, I like this scrub. It's not too expensive and gets the work done! It did take me several weeks to see a difference! So, if you're someone that looks for instant results, I don't really recommend this scrub. I'm not going to lie, I like products that give instant results and for that reason, I probably won't be purchasing the scrub, but I do love the cleanser and I would purchase that! I like the whole concept of the scrub and it does come with a ton of product, I just wish the results were faster! So ya, did you guys try these products out? What are your thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment