April 10, 2016

Estée Lauder: Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Multi-Palette Review

Estée Lauder is back at it again with the Bronze Goddess Collection! This time, it's something new. They released the Summer Glow Multi Palette, which is a face palette that comes with a highlighter, blush and bronzer! Last year, I know a lot of people weren't a fan of the Bronze Goddess Illuminating Powder Gelée. It looked like Heat Wave, but it was completely different. So, I guess they wanted to try something different this year. I was really drawn into this palette. I love face palettes and I get great use out of them! It's just so convenient! I also heard great things about their bronzers and blushes! I thought this would be perfect to try them out and see for myself. It's also gorgeous! Like, do you see the embossing? How can I possibly pass up on this?!

The new Summer Glow Multi Palette by Estée Lauder


Alright, let's start with the packaging. It comes in the regular Bronze Goddess box (the same as the bronzer and the Illuminating Powder Gelée). The product itself comes in a gold rectangular compact. It looks absolutely stunning, but it feels cheap. The palette itself has no weight to it. It's not as sturdy as I want it to be! Aside from that, the palette comes with 11.5g of product. I pictured this to be bigger and was hoping that it came with more product. So, I was a bit disappointed with that too. However, once you open the palette, the embossing is SO gorgeous! It makes you forget how cheap the palette feels. I don't know how to describe the pattern to you, but it has this cool 3D look to it! It's very original and creative! As mentioned, it comes with a highlighter, blush and bronzer. The blush is a lot bigger than the highlighter and bronzer! This palette retails for $55CAD. I bought this on The Bay's website. It was also available on Estée Lauder's website, but for Canadians, I know it's sold out (keep checking though!). Other than that, I have no idea which other retailers have this product, so definitely check out The Bay! I'm not a 100% sure, but I feel like it's limited edition!

The compact does look stunning!



Here's another view of this palette!


The whole concept of this palette is to give you a radiant sun kissed look. The formula of the 3 products are gel based. It feels super soft! The powders give you a natural finish. Like, this powder melts into your skin and looks like your skin, but better! The pigmentation is also really nice! It's not too opaque, so it makes blending super easy! Especially when it comes to blush, you don't want a blush that has too much pigmentation or else, you'll be spending a good amount of time trying to blend it out and to make it look natural! The powders are also long wearing. I had them on for 8 hours and it lasted pretty well. The only issue that  I had with these powders is that sometimes I have a hard time picking up the product with my brushes. For example, with the bronzer, when I use a fluffy natural hair brush, it doesn't pick up the product easily. I find myself swirling into the product several times to pick up the product! It's best to use a synthetic or dense brush to pick up the product and then blend it out with a natural hair or fluffy brush. The formula is nice, but it could use a bit of work.


Up close! 



I'm going to break down each shade now! They don't have any specific names, so I'll just be referring to them as highlighter, blush and bronzer!

Highlighter:
It's a gorgeous soft beige with golden undertones. It has a luminous sheen to it. It's finely milled, which I really like! It does have glitter to it, but it's not overpowering and just leaves a natural luminous sheen. You can barely tell! I would say it's more on the subtle side. It's not super opaque, but you can definitely build it up. I find it's a nice everyday highlighter. I also love how it doesn't emphasize my pores or anything! As mentioned, it wears really nicely for 8 hours! I'm not too blown away by it, because I believe you can definitely find something similar for cheaper.

Blush:
The blush is a gorgeous rosy pink with warm undertones. It has a golden shimmer sheen finish to it. It's a gorgeous color, but it's nothing special. I'm sure there's so many dupes of it in the market! As mentioned, I like how the blush isn't too opaque. You can definitely build it up, if that's your preference. But, the fact that it's not opaque, makes it appear really natural. However, out of the 3 powders, I find the formula is a bit drier for the blush. I had a hard time picking up the blush with my usual Chanel Blush Brush (I use this brush for all my blushes! It's my favorite!). After a few swirls into the pan, I managed to get the product, but I never had this issue before. The blush is a bit firm.

Bronzer:
This shade is a warm medium brown that's on the orange side. It also has very fine shimmer to it. It's not overpowering, but it leaves a beautiful sheen to the skin! This is technically supposed to be your contour color. However, this is way too warm for you to contour your face with! I also find it pretty light! It's best to just use it as a bronzer and not as a contour or else, it'll just appear muddy. I have medium-tan skin and this bronzer is light for me. I have to really build it up for it to show up. I'm not a fan of this bronzer for myself, but it can look nice on people with light and medium skin. It's best not to use a lot of it, because it can appear too orange! My brush picked up this product a bit better than the blush, but not as easily as the highlighter. Overall, I'm not a fan of this shade. I wish they just included the original Bronze Goddess Bronzer that everyone raves about!


Here are the swatches of the 3 products. Top to bottom: Highlighter, Blush & Bronzer (no flash)



I applied the 3 products on my face. They're all very subtle and you really have to build it up! I just went for a really natural look and didn't build up the product too much. It's nice for a everyday makeup, but I'm not too blown away by it!

Here's a picture of me wearing the 3 powders with no flash


My overall thoughts on this palette is that I'm just not crazy about it. I'm going to use it, since I have it. But guys, there's better face palettes out there! The formula is not "OMG" and the price doesn't justify the quality of it! It's a really nice concept, but it just fell short for me. I just think Estée Lauder needs to bring back Heat Wave and that's that! Who agrees with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment