December 29, 2015

December Haul 2015 (Makeup)

Hey guys, I'm bringing to you my monthly haul! I used up my gift cards and I also received a few gifts, so that's why I have quite a bit of stuff! I also wanted to add a few things to my kit! So ya, I hope you guys enjoy this haul and like usual, let me know if you want me to talk about any of these products!


A few goodies from this haul! 


Let's start off with Morphe. I placed this order in November and I received it about a week ago. It took awhile, just like my previous order, but honestly, I'm obsessed with their products. It legit doesn't matter to me anymore, as long as I get my products! So, almost everything I purchased from Morphe was for my kit! I went a little ham on the lashes, because my kit desperately needed them! I purchased the Morphe Wispies for myself. I'm absolutely in love with these lashes and I just stock up when I can! Then, I purchased 2 pairs of the #415. I've never tried these before, but they look really nice, so I wanted to add them to my kit. I also purchased 7 pairs of the #217. I absolutely love these long lashes! They're not too full, so they look natural, but they are long! I also got the #747S. I only got one pair, because I already have 2 pairs that are short and natural like these ones! I find these are perfect for people that don't want dramatic lashes! I also got 5 pairs of the Demi Wispies. I originally wanted the Wispies, but they were sold out, so I got these. They're really nice and again, it can be a nice pair for people that don't want anything too dramatic. The lashes I got for my kit were only $1.99USD. So, it was an amazing buy, but unfortunately Morphe got new packaging (you see it on the Wispies pair), so now they're $3.49USD. I'm a little upset and I wish I got more pairs for my kit! The last thing that I purchased from Morphe is the Shadow Shields. I got this mostly to help me apply mascara. Tamanna from Dress Your Face uses it for that and I find it really helps prevent the mascara from touching the crease. You can even use it to prevent eyeshadow fallout or to help you create a wing. I find since it's so versatile why not get it.


My kit was missing these items!


Next, I purchased from Bh Cosmetics. I got the Carli Bybel Palette! This is another item that I ordered in the beginning of November and only received it the first week of December. I actually wrote a mini review on it http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/12/bh-cosmetics-carli-bybel-palette-hot-or.html . Overall, I love this palette and I highly recommend it! It's so affordable guys, like you can't go wrong with it! I really hope Carli does more collaborations in the future!

The Carli Bybel Palette!


Next, I made a few purchases online and in store at Sephora! I always place orders online to get cashback from Ebates, but since I had 2 gift cards, I had no choice, but to go in store. I purchased the Urban Decay & Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette. This packaging is everything, but overall, I wasn't too impressed with the eyeshadows. Especially for the price, I expected better! I also wrote a quick review on it, if you guys want to check it out http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/12/urban-decay-gwen-stefani-eyeshadow.html .


Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Palette


I also purchased the Benefit Real Cheeky Party Palette. I'm absolutely obsessed with this palette! The packaging is also very unique and I love the smell of this palette! I love the blushes, they're pigmented and blend like a dream! They're also really long wearing! I also finally used the Hoola bronzer and it's really nice! I finally understand what the hype is about! It also comes with the Watt's Up highlighter and They're Real mascara, which are two products that I absolutely love! Overall, it's a great value and I highly recommend that you guys get it!

Benefit's Real Cheeky Party Palette


I finally purchased the Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Veil. This highlighter is so creamy in texture and glides on your skin like butter! It's a subtle highlighter. It's perfect for bridal makeup or even just for someone that wants a soft subtle highlight! I also purchased the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo. I purchased the smaller size to test it out and I really do like it! I love the scent of it, it's not too strong and it really does absorb the oil! It leaves my hair fresh and clean! I was really impressed with the results and I'll definitely be getting the full size!


I've been eyeing these for awhile! 


Next, I purchased the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue. I've been really into glitter lately and I didn't have a glue for it, so I was like why not. I've used it a few times and I really do like it! It's super strong and long lasting! Next, I purchased the Tarte Inner Rim Liner. I've read really good reviews about this product and I needed a beige liner for my water line! I only used this once and so far so good! I also purchased the Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner in Nude Medium. I saw this shade in store and I couldn't pass up on it! It's creamy in texture, so I was intrigued! As far as first impressions go, I do like it, but I'm not sure how it works. What I mean by that is that the packaging is very different. Apparently there's a sharpener in the cap, so that the liner is always sharp, but I don't know how you dispense more product out. But ya, that's my only issue, but the formula is really nice! Next, I purchased the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita 2. I absolutely love Lolita, so I had to give Lolita 2 a try! The color is really unique. It's a terracotta nude. It appeared more on the orange side on me and I don't like orange on me, so I'm "meh" about it. However, I see this looking stunning on fair and light skins! I'll continue to use it and maybe I'll change my mind! Then, I also got the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in the shade Med-Light Neutral. This concealer is a bit too light for me. I find the lightning at Sephora is always off and I always mess up on foundation and concealer shades. I was thinking of exchanging it, but my kit doesn't have a concealer that's this shade, so I'm just going to toss it in there. However, the consistency and texture of this concealer is really nice! It's full coverage, but feels so light! I really like the formula of it! It's pricey, but I see what the hype is about! I'm for sure going to get one in my shade later on! Next, I purchased the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. So far, I like this primer. It's super expensive and I'm not a fan of this lip gloss packaging, because I find a ton of product always gets left behind. However, the product itself is nice and it really does help your eyeshadow last longer! I'm actually writing this post on how to get your eyeshadow to last almost the whole day, so stay tuned for that! Lastly from Sephora, I repurchased the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. This is like my 4th tube and I'm honestly obsessed with this mascara! I love the wand, it's very unique! It  lengthens and volumizes my lashes to a whole new level! It's a bit pricey, but definitely worth it!


Loving these! 

If you follow me on Instagram then you know that I was in Toronto for a weekend. I didn't have much time to do shopping sadly, but this one day, I ran into Walmart quickly. I passed by the beauty department and had to take a quick peek! I saw the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Powder on sale, so I had to pick it up! I believe it was $12CAD. I ripped off the part that had the shade on it, so I'm not 100% sure what shade I got. I believe I picked up Sun Beige and it does match me pretty well right now. The powder itself is really smooth and blends really nicely! It's also long wearing! I really like it so far and if you guys want me to do a review, let me know!
Another product that was on my list for a long time!


Next, I placed a order online on The Bay's website to get a few products from the Ellie Goulding collection by MAC. I love Ellie Goulding and the packaging of her collection legit sucked  me in! I couldn't pass up on this collection! I got the lipstick in the shade Without Your Love. It's a warm light pink with a cremesheen finish. I don't really like cremesheen finishes, because I love a opaque lip, but maybe I'll get clients that don't. I know not everyone loves a bold lip. Next, I got the Powder blush in I'll Hold My Breath. The compact is super cute!You can use the top as a bronzer and the bottom as a blush or you can fix the both for a deeper blush. I still haven't tried this product, but normally MAC blushes and bronzers are really nice! Like honestly, these are collector's items. I'm a makeup junkie, so you know why I got these. But, they're not must haves!

Makeup Junkie Problems! 


Now, I'll show you guys the few gifts that I've received! My friends got me a new straightner! They got me the Infiniti Pro by Conair. I have like a weird hair texture, like it's thick and weird. So, I have a hard time with straightners. It takes me at least an hour to straighten my full head. However, this straightner works really well! I'm really impressed by it! If you have thick hair, I highly recommend it! I can straighten my full head in half an hour and my hair actually stays straight throughout the day!

Obsessed with this!


Next, my aunt got me the Gucci Guilty perfume set for Christmas. I've been looking for a new perfume,so this was honestly perfect! I don't like getting perfumes as a gift, because I'm super picky with scents, but I actually love Gucci Guilty! I've tried a sample of it before. I'm bad at describing scents, so I'm not even going to try, but if you're looking for a perfume, give Gucci Guilty a try! This set came with a full size perfume, a travel size spray and a body lotion. It's a super nice set! I know I'm probably the last person to get this perfume, but whatever, I finally have another perfume that I like!

Love this gift! It has everything!


Lastly, this wasn't a gift, but my friend had these travel size MAC pigments that she never used, so she passed them on to me. She saw me snap about Melon that I've received last month, so she was like hey I have some lying around that I barely touched. This was a part of a old MAC Holiday Collection. It came with 5 sized to go MAC pigments. I'm not sure if they're limited edition or not, but I'll list the names anyways. There's Reflects Gold (white base with reflecting gold shimmer), Copperized (olive green with brown), Rushmetal (rustic orange red brown), Jardin Aires (peachy beige) and Museum Bronze (medium bronze). I'm obsessed with MAC pigments, so I love all of these! They're perfect for holiday looks!

Yassss more pigments for my collection!


That's it for my December Haul! I got quite a bit of stuff as you can see! I still have more coming in the mail, that I'll be including in my January Haul! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and let me know if you want me to review any of these products! As you guys can see, I'm building a kit to do freelance makeup! I still haven't made an announcement about it, because I'm still missing a few things and I need more content for my website. So ya, I'm super excited to start, because I love makeup! I want makeup to be my full time job in the future! I should be ready to go by February, so ya, my Montrealers you'll be able to book me! This is my last post for 2015! I just want to thank all my followers and viewers for taking the time to read my blog! I really do appreciate it! I'm so happy that I started blogging this year and I can't wait to continue next year! In 2016, I want to start doing giveaways to show you guys my appreciation! I also have a lot of plans, so hopefully everything goes well!  Anyways, I just want to wish you guys a Happy New Year!!! Wish you all nothing, but the best and see you in 2016! xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. The Benefit cheek set, and the Carli Babel palette have been a few of my favorites this year as well. They have so many different looks you can create with them.
    XoXo
    www.primpandprimebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! They're amazing products and I been using them none stop :D Happy New year gorgeous! :)

      Delete