December 14, 2015

Urban Decay & Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette: Hot or Not?

Hey guys, I decided to write a quick review on this palette. I feel like everyone has been talking about this palette, so why not? I've been really busy lately, so I apologize for not posting often!


Urban Decay & Gwen Stefani Palette


The one thing that grabbed my attention was the packaging of this palette. Like, how gorgeous is this palette?! It looks and feels so luxurious! There's a nice weight to it and it's not too big, so perfect for travelling! Even the box for this palette is fancy, like I honestly CAN'T! The  palette comes with 15 eyeshadows with 1.4g each. It retails for $70CAD. It's quite expensive and that's why I was a bit hesitant on buying this palette. You can purchase it at Sephora or the UD website!


Both the palette and box are gorgeous!



A close up of the palette. Stunning right?!



In terms of shades, I find Gwen Stefani did a good job picking out the shades! There's neutrals and a few bold pop out colors. I find this can easily be a everyday palette or perfect for a full glam! It's suitable for any skin color! There's a right amount of shimmers and mattes! There's also a nice mixture of neutral, warm and cool undertones!

Another close up

Here are the swatches of the eyeshadows on my medium skin (Starting from the first row, left to right)


Really nice colors!


The middle shade is light for my skin, but it would be gorgeous on light skin!



The bottom row is more pigmented! They're absolutely stunning!


Let's talk about the formula. These eyeshadows are so smooth and pigmented! The only eyeshadow I find that's a bit patchy is Pop, other than that, they're all really nice! I find they all blend out really nicely, minus Pop. I've experience just a bit of fallout, but not too much. Now, here's the disappointing thing. I just don't find these eyeshadows last long. The first couple of hours (about 1-3 hours), my eye makeup looked flawless and after that, the eyeshadows just started to fade away! I always use the same products and technique to prime my eyes and for some reason, these just don't last long! I feel like I've tried everything! Even drugstore eyeshadows last longer! I also had this problem  with the Naked palettes (besides the basics!) and that's why I rarely use them. I thought this palette would be different, but no. Like I don't know, am I the only one?! Like, the Basic palettes (1&2) don't fade away as quickly, it's weird. Even the Moondust eyeshadows last a long time, but just Urban Decay's regular eyeshadows! For that reason, I'm turned off by this palette!


Another look


I honestly love the shades and packaging of this palette! I also love the texture, pigmentation and blendability of these eyeshadows, but I just wish they lasted longer! I think this is more of a "collector's" item for me. I definitely won't be using it everyday, but days or nights that I don't need to keep my makeup on for long, I'll reach for this palette. It's just too bad, because I had high hopes for it and I really wanted this palette to work! Let me know if you guys had this problem! Other than that, I hope you're all having an amazing day and I'm trying to get more posts up!

2 comments:

  1. I must say that I love it, unfortunately I have not been able to make the purchase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty expensive, I was hesitant about it! However, it's stunning! I just wish the eyeshadows lasted longer on me!

      Delete