September 8, 2015

Buxom: Eyeshadow Review

I'm loving the fact that more and more companies are coming out with customizable eyeshadow palettes. I always reach out for palettes that I customized, because I'm guaranteed that I'll find a eyeshadow that I love and will use. I just find them so convenient and handy! That's why when Buxom came out with their customizing system, I just had to get it! Like when I swatched these eyeshadows in store, I was like YASSSS I need! The shade range is absolutely beautiful! You have a wide range of beautiful shades with different finishes! Also, did you know it's only $50 and you get 6 eyeshadows?! Like Make Up For Ever has a customizing system, but you only get 3 eyeshadows for $50. Yes, MUFE have huge eyeshadows, but sometimes you just want more options!




My Buxom Eyeshadow Palette


I'll start off with the packaging. So, they have several different printed cases you guys can get. I stuck to the boring black one (typical of me). It has a snake/alligator print on it. The palette itself is very sturdy! It's a hard plastic compact. It doesn't open easily! I've dropped it a few times and thank god, nothing got damaged! It also comes with a mini double ended eyeshadow brush, that I won't be using, but I guess it's a good brush to keep incase you need a quick touch up! When you open it, you have a mirror on one side and then obviously the eyeshadows on the other side. What I really like about this palette is that it's not magnetic! You know how many times I've damaged my MAC eyeshadows, because I try to take them out! Like, it's not easy trying to take them out! But with this palette, you just slide it from the side and you just pop them out with your fingers! It's so easy and prevents your eyeshadows from getting damaged! Like Buxom nailed it on the packaging!


The palette itself


You just slide the eyeshadows out (so easy)!


Now you just add on or take out whichever eyeshadow you please!


Just push on top to take out the eyeshadow



So easy right?!


So as I mentioned, this palette holds up to 6 eyeshadows! Basically when you purchase 6 eyeshadows, the palette itself is free. Normally, when you purchase them individually, it costs $15CAD, so in my opinion it's better to pick out the 6 shades and spend $50CAD. If you're someone that has a hard time picking out shades, they have ready made palettes that are the same price (palette + 6 eyeshadows for $50). Each eyeshadow bar comes with 1.4g of product, which is a nice amount (Mac eyeshadows come with 1.3g of product)! Let's say only one eyeshadow from the collection appeals to you, you can always buy it individually and Sephora even sells you an individual eyeshadow compact! You can purchase these eyeshadows at any Sephora.


Let's talk about the shade range now. As I said, they have a wide range of colors and finishes! I personally wish I purchased mine online, because my local Sephora ran out of a lot of the shades! So my advice to you would be to go in store and see if you like the formula and colors in person. Once you get back home, just order it from online! They don't have as many options as MUFE does, but I find they have the basic shades covered. You have both your neutrals and pop out colors. There's a right amount of warm and cool undertones that you can get. Even though I like the shade range, they should add on a few more shades. I find some of these eyeshadows, there are already many dupes for! The shades are all beautiful, but the line needs some unique shades that aren't in the market already!


The shade range (picture from the Sephora website)


Before I talk about the shades that I bought, I'm going to talk about the formula. These eyeshadows are SO pigmented! The pigmentation of these remind me of MUFE and Makeup Geek eyeshadows (out of this world!). They're also really smooth and they blend like a dream! I also love how these aren't messy! Sometimes when a eyeshadow is too soft or smooth, they tend to crumble in the palette when you dip your brush into it! With these eyeshadows, I've had no problem! Even the ones that have a lot of shimmer to them, they don't come off patchy. Even the mattes, they're so smooth and they don't appear chalky! They're super long lasting! I prime my eyes with MAC paint pots and legit, I've had these stay on for more than 10 hours without fading away (amazing right?!). Whether I use a synthetic brush or not, my brushes pick up the product perfectly and I don't need to dip my brush into these eyeshadows a million times! The fallout on these are very minimal! I find the ones that are shimmery cause a bit more fall out, but the matte and satin ones cause no or really minimal fall out! Overall, I'm in LOVE with the formula of these!


Another look at my palette

Now let's talk about the shades that I picked up! As mentioned, my Sephora didn't have that many shades available! I wish I picked up more matte shades, but it is what it is. I still love all the eyeshadows that I purchased! I've already used all of them and I'm obsessed!



Close up with no flash



With flash


From left to right:

1)Satin Seduction: This is described as a bisque luster. It's basically a light beige with peachy and warm undertones to it. It's a satin, so it leaves a soft metallic sheen. I find this is the perfect brow bone highlight!

Satin Seduction (no flash)


2)Champagne Buzz: This is described as a shimmering pearl. It's a light- medium champagne with peachy and slightly warmer undertones to it. It leaves a metallic sheen! It's very similar to MAC's All that Glitters! It's a really beautiful lid color!

Champagne Buzz (no flash)



3)Style Icon: This is described as a metallic taupe. It's a muted medium brown with warm and light gold undertones to it. This one is more of a frosted finish. This is another beautiful shade on the lid (especially for darker skins!).

Style Icon (no flash)



4)Invite Only: This is described as a matte terracotta. It's a medium peachy brown with warm undertones to it. It has a matte finish. It slightly reminds me of MAC's Soft Brown, but Invite Only is more on the orangey peachy side! I love this color in the crease or as a transition! I also apply it on the lid for a everyday makeup look!

Invite Only (no flash)


5)Gold Status: This is described as a metallic brass. It's a medium yellow gold with warm undertones. It has a frosted finish. Again, this is a beautiful shade on the lid! I also love applying it on the bottom lash line to make my eyes pop even more!

Gold Status (no flash)


6)Mink Magnet: This is described as a metallic bronze. It's a medium bronzey brown with a hint of mauve undertones. It's a frosted finish, but contains more glitter than the other eyeshadows. It's another beautiful shade on the lid!
Mink Magnet (no flash)


Here are the swatches of all the eyeshadows!

Swatches with no flash



Swatches with flash


Those are my beautiful shades! As you can see, I picked up a lot of shades for the lid, since the mattes were mostly all sold out! I'll definitely be making another Buxom palette! I want to change it up and pick up some pop out colors! I think I have enough nudes now! So, I hope this review was helpful! These eyeshadows are stunning and I highly recommend you guys look into them!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!love your blog :) Can I make a suggestion? Try City Color Perfecting Palette because it is very good and effective in making you beautiful in any occasion. I first found out about it on http://www.webbline.com/city-color-perfecting-palette/ and now I cannot get enough of it!

    ReplyDelete