May 11, 2015

Make Up For Ever: Artist Palette Volume 1-Nudes Review

This year, MUFE (Make Up For Ever) released so many new items that caught my eye and that I can't wait to add to my collection! MUFE has always been one of my favorite brands and when I saw that they were coming out with an eyeshadow palette, I just couldn't resist! In my opinion, MUFE makes one of the best eyeshadows! So as soon as it was available on Sephora, I bought it right away! They came out with two palettes. The first is the Artist Palette Volume 1-Nudes (Nudes You Need), which is a beautiful neutral eyeshadow palette and the second is the Artist Palette Volume 2 -Artistic (Colors You Crave), which is a colorful eyeshadow palette that includes a few neutrals and bright pop out colors! They're both beautiful palettes, but I stuck to the neutrals one, so that I can use it all year round and because I just love my neutrals!

MUFE Artist Palette Volume 1-Nudes You Need

I'll start off with the packaging. The palette comes in the regular MUFE box.
The box of the palette (no edit)

Next, the palette itself has the MUFE logo and Make Up For Ever written on it. The palette itself is very sturdy and has powerful magnets to keep it closed. With magnetic palettes, I always like to keep  them in their boxes, so that when I'm travelling, the palettes don't open and damage my eyeshadows. However, this palette has really strong magnets that I don't even need the box. I can throw this in my bag and it will never open! I found that really nice about this palette! It's a bit heavy, but super portable! The palette isn't too big nor too small, it's perfect!
The palette itself (no edit)

The palette also comes with a step by step illustrated makeup tutorials by Dany Sanz! This may be useful for beginners or for anyone that just needs an idea to create a look using this palette! The looks are broken down into: The Chic Look, Natural Look and Smokey Look.

No edit

When you open the palette, on one side you have the mirror and the other, the 9 MUFE eyeshadows. When you look at the eyeshadows, they may seem smaller than most brands, however, the pans are deep! Each eyeshadow comes with 1.8g of product, which is a really nice amount of product for a palette, because most companies only include 0.98-1.4g of product per eyeshadow! This palette retails for $49CAD and you can buy it at Sephora. Some of you may think it's a bit expensive, but 3 MUFE eyeshadows costs $50CAD! Yes, their original pans are bigger, but with this palette, you get more variety for the price!
No edit


The back of the palette has the names of all the eyeshadows in this palette!

The back of the palette

The eyeshadows in this palette are mixtures of satin, metallic,  iridescent and  diamond finishes. To be honest, I was kind of surprised that they didn't include a matte shade in this palette. If you're like me and you love a matte crease, then you will have to fish out another palette. It's really not a big deal to me, but it may be for some people. The eyeshadows are a mixture of beautiful neutral hues with both cool and warm undertones. They're really wearable and would suit any skin tone!

Another look at the palette (no edit)

When companies come out with eyeshadow palettes,  the quality of the eyeshadows in the palettes are different (in a bad way) compared to their individual eyeshadows. I've experienced that problem with a few brands, but let me say that's not the case with this palette! MUFE eyeshadows are gel powder eyeshadows that are super pigmented and can last up to 12 hours or more (if you prime your eyes properly)! They also blend like a dream! They're so smooth and creamy! I also never experienced fallout with these eyeshadows (amazing right?!). You can use these wet for them to appear even more bold and opaque, but honestly they're already so rich in pigment when they're dry that it's not even necessary. The quality of these eyeshadows are amazing, just like their individual pans! Honestly, if I had to rate these eyeshadows, I would give them 10/10!


Such a beauty (no edit)

I'm going to break down each eyeshadow in this palette now. I will be working my way from the top to bottom horizontally! Just incase you guys didn't know, MUFE eyeshadow names have the first letter of the finish (meaning-> I=Iridescent, D=Diamond, S=Satin, ME=Metallic, M=Matte) and a number following it.

First row:
I-528: This is a brightened cool toned white with a metallic sheen 
I-514: This is a beige with warm and yellow undertones. Also has a metallic sheen 
ME-512: This is a light gold with yellow undertones and it's more of a frost sheen

Top to bottom: I-528, I-514 & ME-512 (no flash and no edit)


From left to right: ME-512, I-514 & I-528 (with flash and no edit)


Second row:
S-556: This is a cool toned taupe with grey/purple undertones to it and a semi matte finish
D-562: This is a medium brown with warm undertones with a foiled metallic finish. It swatches out as a rose gold with a grey/silver cast to it
ME-644: This is a medium/dark bronze brown with reddish and warm undertones to it. It also has a foiled metallic sheen to it


From left to right: ME-644, D-562 & S-556 (no flash and no edit)


From left to right: ME-644, D-562 & S-556 (with  flash and no edit)

Third row:
S-102: This is a deep black with a satin finish, but it appears more of a matte finish on the lid
I-544: This a medium taupe brown with warm and mauve undertones. It has a metallic sheen to it
D-652: This is a dark bronze brown with a metallic sheen. It also has gold sparkles in it




From left to right: D-652, I-544 & S-102 (no flash and no edit)



From left to right: D-652, I-544 & S-102 (with flash and no edit)
           

Just so it's clear, I have medium skin and that's how the eyeshadows swatch on me! Most of the eyeshadows in the pan are true to color as you can see! The colors are so gorgeous and you can create infinite looks! I don't think this palette is a necessity. As I mentioned, I wish they included a few matte shades, so that I don't have to use another palette. However, MUFE has one of the best eyeshadows in the market, so if you haven't tried them yet, this is the perfect opportunity! Even though this palette isn't a necessity, I still highly recommend it! The price and quality is worth every penny!!!

2 comments:

  1. It looks really pretty!
    Andrea | www.andreader.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a gorgeous palette! So happy MUFE released this gem. Even the other palette has gorgeous colors :)

      Delete