August 15, 2017

Kat Von D: Eau de Parfum in Saint and Sinner Review

Hey guys, so I'm bringing to you a short review. As you can tell by the title, the review is on the new Kat Von D Eau de Parfum in Saint and Sinner. I've received deluxe sizes of these products from Influenster complimentary for reviewing purposes! I feel like this perfume has been everywhere! I'm actually really picky when it comes to perfumes. I get a headache really easily when the scent is too strong or I just don't like it. That's why I don't really use perfumes, unless if I'm going out. Even that I like "fresh" scents. That's the only thing that I can get away with! Therefore, I didn't know what to expect with this voxbox! So ya, if you're curious to see my thoughts on these perfumes, then just keep reading!

New Saint and Sinner Eau de Parfums!



On the postcard that we received with this voxbox, it said that these perfumes already existed before, but they just revamped the packaging. Kat Von D actually spent a long time sketching the packaging to make it perfect! The bottles that Influenster sent out are small and don't correspond to the actual packaging at all! The actual packaging is gorgeous and looks very luxurious! Saint has white packaging, while Sinner is black. It's very Kat Von D like. It has a gothic theme to it, but it's classy. There are 3 sizes for each perfume! The prices range from $30 to $115CAD and it's already available at Sephora!

The samples that Influenster sent!



Now, let's talk about these perfumes. So, we have one that's Saint and the other one is Sinner. Saint has a sweet scent. It's more of that dreamy, romantic and alluring kind of scent. On Sephora, it's described as a "classic floral". The keynotes are vanilla, musk and jasmine. Sinner on the other hand is the opposite. It's on the musky side. It's definitely dark, sultry and empowering. On Sephora, it's described as "warm and spicy". The keynotes are patchouli, wood and cinnamon. By these descriptions, you can see that Kat Von D wanted the 2 perfumes to be the complete opposite for different occasions. Saint is more of that every day kind of scent, whereas Sinner is that evening kind of perfume.


Saint

Sinner



Now that you have an idea of the scents, let's talk about my experience with it. I didn't like Saint. I'm not into sweet scents. It was just too much for me and it smelt weird on my body after 2 hours. It didn't give me a headache or anything, but it was too much for me. I don't mind a floral scent, but it has to be fresh. This was like those old classic strong floral scents that my mom would be into. It was just not my cup of tea! However, I ended up liking Sinner. I'm not into musky scents, but this one wasn't bad. It has a dash of spicy to it, so it's definitely more on the romantic side. It's not my absolute favorite, but I would love to wear it to big events. It's definitely that confident kind of scent that you would pair with one of your best outfits in your wardrobe! The scent also went well with my skin and it lasted a good 5 hours before it started to fade away. I find 2 spritz is more than enough, you don't want it to be too much either. If you love a bold musky scent, this is a good perfume to try!

A close up of Saint

A close up of Sinner



Overall, I do think that these fragrances are nice! I'm just not the biggest fan of sweet and musky scents, so this wasn't the best campaign for me. However, they're not horrible. As mentioned, I did end up liking Sinner. Will I purchase it? Probably not, but if you're into these scents, it's worth giving it a try! I find Kat Von D was very creative with these perfumes and I would like to see her expand her fragrance line! What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment