February 18, 2017

Kylie Cosmetics: Lip Kits Review


Hey guys, so I just wanted to tell you that I won't be posting the Avon products review anymore. I forgot to mention this when I wrote my January Favorites post. The Avon representative that gifted me the products doesn't work for Avon anymore, so I figured that I would just leave it, since you can't buy the products online. You have to look for your local Avon representative! So, I'll just leave it! If you want, add me on Snapchat at divyapatel_mua and I can talk about it there, just leave me a message! Anyways, let's focus on these Lip Kits from Kylie Cosmetics. Now, I wasn't planning on getting these at first, but I just been getting so many questions about them. I also been reading really good reviews about these, so I decided to give it a go. Kylie Cosmetics has been really successful and they've released so much! For a brand that's still fairly new, they been on a roll. Of course, the main reason is because it's Kylie Jenner's brand, but from all the reviews, her products seem great! A lot of people rave about them. I know in the beginning, she had a lot of issues, but she did a good job fixing everything! So ya, let's just get into this review!



Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits



Before I get into the packaging, I just wanted you guys to know that I'll only be talking about the shades Dolce K and Love Bite. I also ordered the shade Vixen, but since it's a part of a limited edition collection, I won't be talking about it (it may not be available anymore).

All 3 Lip Kits that I purchased!


Let's start off with the packaging. Each Lip Kit comes with a Lip Liner and Liquid Lipstick that comes in a rectangular box. The top has the name of the shade and the shade itself. The side of the box and the lips also has the corresponding shade. So, if you have multiple Kylie Lip Kits, you can easily find the shade that you're looking for! I actually really like the packaging that the products come in! It's bold and unique! The Liquid Lipstick itself comes in a regular liquid lipstick packaging. It's nothing special, but it looks nice! It's see through so that you can see the shade and it has details in black. It's also sturdy, so you can definitely travel with it! It comes with 3.25ml of product. I really like the doe foot applicator. It's slim, so that you can easily line your lips with it (something that I do before filling in my lips with the product, when I don't use a lip liner). You can get a nice precise application! The Lip Liner is also in the basic packaging. You have the shade on the tip of it.  It comes with 1.0g of product. Each Lip Kit retails for $29USD (limited edition kits retail for $30USD). I'll be honest, when I first heard that Kylie Jenner was going to have her own cosmetics line, I was expecting her prices to be a lot higher, like high end brands. So, it was nice to see that she kept it affordable! I think $29USD is an amazing price, since you do get 2 products! For Canadians, it does get expensive due to the exchange rate and customs! I think in the end, each kit came out to $38CAD. Again, you're getting 2 products, so it's not that bad! A liquid lipstick at Sephora is normally $25 and then you have taxes to pay! You can of course purchase the Lip Liner and Liquid Lipstick separately (it's nice that she has that option)! You can only purchase Kylie's products on the main Kylie Cosmetics website here. Don't purchase her stuff on Ebay or anything, because there's a lot of fake products! You don't know what the fake products are made out of! They can be made with toxic ingredients!


                            
                             The Lip Kit in Dolce K

                           
                                  The Lip Kit in Love Bite


Let's get into the shades now. Dolce K is a beautiful medium-dark beige. This is legit the perfect everyday shade for someone that has medium to dark skin! If you're fair or have light skin, this will definitely suit you, but it'll just be a dark nude on you. This is definitely that nude that's trending. It literally goes with any look!


Another look at Dolce K


The applicator

Dolce K with flash


Without flash



Love Bite is a medium plum brown. This is another shade that suits literally any skin tone! This shade just looks so nice with any makeup! It's not typically a everyday shade for me, but it's definitely a go to shade when I'm doing a neutral look or looks with gold eyeshadow! This and gold eyeshadow just goes so well together! 


Another look at Love Bite


The applicator (it's not covered in product like Dolce K for some reason)


Love Bite with flash


Without flash

                           

Now, let's get into the formula. I know that a lot of people were complaining that the formulas are different depending on the shade. When I used these 2 shades, I found the formula to be the same, so I'll just write a general review for them! Let's start off with the Lip Liner. They're really pigmented and glide on the lips effortlessly. They're really smooth on the lips and I didn't find them to be drying. Both shades are completely matte. I found the Lip Liner to be really comfortable throughout the day (I've worn the Lip Liners on their own several times). It's also super long wearing! I would say that if you drink and eat, you can go a good 8 hours without having them fade away completely. The shade Dolce K is a really nice nude base for any nude shades. I especially love to use this as a base for light lipsticks, so that it appears darker and more suitable for my skin tone! Love Bite is also a really nice base for any plum tone lipsticks. The tip doesn't break easily like most lip liners, which is always a plus! Overall, I'm super impressed with these Lip Liners! They're worth every penny! 



Dolce K




Love Bite



Moving onto the Liquid Lipsticks! They're super pigmented! You only need one swipe! The texture on this is more on the liquid side (unlike most liquid lipsticks, which are moussey), but it dries pretty fast! I found them to be quite comfortable on the lips! I didn't find them drying or anything and it didn't settle into my lip lines. The finish on these is completely matte! These don't budge when they're dry! They're also super long wearing! I've worn these up to 12 hours! When you drink or eat, it slightly fades away, but barely! In the span of 12 hours, they lasted on my lips really well! I needed very minimal touch up! I even felt like I can go on another 5 hours and it would still not fade away completly!  I'm really impressed with the staying power of these! However, since they're super long wearing, they can be difficult to take off. With Dolce K, it wasn't a big issue. However, with Love Bite, I had to really rub my lips to get the color off! However, when I used a oil base cleanser, it did take them off right away (so that's the trick)! I would say that I love everything about Kylie's Liquid Lipsticks, but the one thing that I CAN'T stand is the smell of these! I'm terrible at describing scents, but it falls in between vanilla and butterscotch. I don't have a problem with sweet scents (I actually love vanilla), but this just smells horrible. It's like the Liquid Lipsticks are going bad or something. The scent doesn't stay with you throughout the day, but when applying it, it's just horrible! Other than that, I have no complains! 



What the Lip Kit in Dolce K looks like on!


What the Lip Kit in Love Bite looks like on!
                               



Bottom line, I do really like the Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits! It was really smart of Kylie to create these kits! I know that lining your lips with liquid lipstick isn't always easy, so it's nice that you get a set with both liquid lipstick and lip liner! I also love the shades that I picked up! They compliment so many looks and they're definitely suitable for any skin tone! Will I be purchasing more Lip Kits? Of course, I think that overall the price is worth the quality! I just hope that she makes non scented Liquid Lipsticks though, because I do find the smell is horrible! So ya, I hope that I answered all of your questions! If you want me to review anything else in particular, please let me know! I hope that you're all having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment