July 13, 2015

MAC Giambattista Valli Lipsticks: Hot or Not?

Hey guys, I decided to do a short review on the new Giambattista Valli lipsticks by MAC. Ever since the pictures of this collaboration were released, everyone wanted to get their hands on these lipsticks! Like hello, look at how beautiful the packaging is! It's so creative and unique! It definitely grabs anyone's attention! Also, the shades are so beautiful for the summertime! They're all fun and bold! So, I'm just going to give you guys a brief review on these!


Giambattista Valli Collaboration with MAC


First of all, like I said, the packaging automatically grabs your attention! It was so creative of them to paint the whole tube the same color as the lipstick shade! It makes it easier to find the shade that you're looking for in your collection! To be honest, I basically got them for the packaging (typical makeup junkie). They come with the same amount of product as the regular MAC lipstick, but it costs $21CAD instead of $19CAD.




Gorgeous right?


The boxes (front)


The back


This collection comes with 5 lipsticks and a crystal glaze gloss. I just stuck to the lipsticks and got all 5 of them. It really wasn't necessary to get them all, but like I said, I couldn't resist the packaging! All the lipsticks are matte finish! There's nothing new to the formula, it's the same as the original! I find MAC's matte formula is more of a semi matte finish, because the finish isn't completely matte! They glide on really nicely and don't dry out your lips! They're really pigmented and they don't require a lip liner! In terms of duration, these lipsticks last around 4-5 hours.

Another look without flash

With flash



So, let's get into the shade range. As you saw from the pictures, they're all bold fun summer colors! I personally don't think the colors are "original". I feel like there's already so many dupes for these lipsticks. So, if you missed this collection, don't feel bad. You'll find something similar to these (minus the gorgeous packaging!)



So, let's talk about each shade individually! As mentioned, they're all matte!


1)Bianca B: It's a pale white pink. It has a really strong white base to it, which made it look like I had chalk on my lips. I have medium skin and I can't wear this on it's own. I'll definitely be pairing it with a lip liner and do a ombre lip. However, if you're light skin, it will look really nice, if you like a light pink lip! I don't own any lipsticks in this shade and I haven't really seen a dupe for it. So, I guess this is the only "original" color. However, it doesn't suit every skin color!

2)Charlotte: It's a medium-dark red with a tiny bit of cool undertones to it. This color looks good on any skin color! There's already many dupes for this shade. From my collection, I have MAC's Ruby (LE from Pedro Lourenco collab), which is almost the same shade as Charlotte. The only difference is, Ruby is an amplified. There's also MAC'S Ruby Woo, which is similar, but a bit lighter than Charlotte. Also, Ruby Woo is a retro matte, which is more drying unlike the matte formula.


Bianca B and Charlotte

3)Eugenie: It's described as a dark cherry with blue undertones. It honestly looks like a deepened wine color with a hint of purple to it. It's another shade that would suit any skin color! It looks similar to Diva, but Diva is more of a reddish burgundy, while this one is more of a purple wine color. I saw some people say it's similar to MAC'S Rebel, but I disagree. Rebel is more of a dark plum-berry color, while Eugenie has red in it. I find Eugenie is actually a mixture of both Diva and Rebel. This shade also reminds me of MAC's Sin, but Sin is more on the warmer side.

4)Tats: It's described as a bright hot pink, but in my opinion, it's more of a brightened medium  fucshia pink. It's another shade that looks good on any skin color! I know a lot of people say that Tats is similar to MAC's Candy Yum Yum, but I disagree. Candy Yum Yum is a neon pink with blue undertones to it, whereas Tats is more of a pink fucshia with subtle blue undertones. I find it more wearable than Candy Yum Yum. I find it's very similar to MAC'S Girl About Town. The only difference is, Girl About Town is cooler than Tats.

5)Margherita: It's a medium coral orange with warm undertones to it. It's another shade that will suit any skin color! I really been into corals lately, so this is my favorite one from the collection! However, it's another shade that's already available in the market! I find the shade is similar to MAC'S Ravishing. However, Ravishing is slighty lighter than Margherita. Also, Ravishing is a Cremesheen, therefore the finish is really different. There's also MAC's Vegas Volt, which is similar to Margherita. Vegas Volt is just darker. I would say if you put Ravishing and Vegas Volt together, the shade would be Margherita, because it's really in between those shades!

Eugenie, Tats and Margherita

Swatches in order without flash

Swatches with flash

They're so gorgeous and I love how this collection has bright opaque lipsticks for the summer! Like I said, if you missed the collection, don't worry! I mean, there's already similar shades available in the market! The lipsticks are currently sold out on Mac online. However, some stores do have a few shades left! Therefore, go in ASAP! The Bay online also has a few shades available!  Overall, I do love these lipsticks and I'm glad that they're apart of my collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment