April 1, 2015

March 2015 Haul (Makeup)

I don't know why, but I picked up more products than I normally do this month. I find there is just so many new products this year, I just have to have them all (makeup addict problems). So, basically this is what I got this month. A few things I picked up at the end of February, but only arrived in the mail in March. I made one trip to my local Sephora, but I picked up mostly everything online at Sephora and Jeffree Star Cosmetics. If you haven't done this yet, make an account on Ebates to earn cash back! At times, the rates are pretty good! Like this month, cashback was 8% at Sephora and it does accumulate! In my opinion, it's completely worth it! It's also so easy, all you do is click on Ebates and then you look for the store you want to shop at. Honestly, that's it and you're basically getting money for shopping! But anyways back to the haul. I tried all these products, just so I can give you guys a mini feedback (sorry if it ends up being long!). The Sephora sale in April is quickly approaching and there are so many palettes and products out there, that I myself love to read reviews before I spend money (makeup can be very expensive sadly). So, I wanted to get more reviews out there for these popular trending products to help you guys decide. This is going to be a really brief reviews of these products, but if you want me to go into more detail, definitely leave a comment down  below to let me know! Most of the products in this haul, I absolutely loved!
March 2015 Haul

I will start with the products that I really liked! I will break them down into groups, since I have a lot. Here is a picture of the products I enjoyed using this month! I'm so happy that I purchased them!


My favs of the month :)


I will start off with the lip products. 



The first 3 products are the new Smashbox Be Legendary Matte lipsticks. I have already done a review on these, if you haven't, check it out  http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/03/smashbox-donald-robertson-be-legendary.html The colors left from right are Femme Fatale Matte, Paris Pink Matte and Mauve Matte. I got mine in limited edition packaging, because the colors available on Sephora are in a collaboration with Donald Robertson. The packaging is so adorable and the lipsticks itself is very impressive! They're so creamy and pigmented! The colors are absolutely gorgeous, highly recommended! The next product is the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita. Unfortunately, Lolita is already sold out! It basically gets sold out within like a day (very popular shade). I love the texture and consistency of this liquid lipstick. It's very pigmented and lasts for a long time (I would say 5 hours, if you don't eat or drink). I also don't find these drying at all! The color itself is a dark mauve brown. I find it would suit any skin color! I highly recommend it. The next 3 products are from Jeffree Star Cosmetics and they're the Velour Liquid Lipsticks. From left to right, the shades are Unicorn Blood, Celebrity Skin and Redrum. I've tried several liquid lipstick brands and nothing compares to these! They're so pigmented and don't feel drying at all! You can pop these on without a lip liner! All these shades would suit any skin color (absolutely gorgeous!!!). I find these last basically all day! I drank and ate with these on and I needed very minimal touch up. They don't  disappear like most liquid lipsticks do. Also once they're on your lips, they don't budge! I know Jeffree Star is restocking most of the shades in April, so follow their Instagram for updates (just type in Jeffree Star Cosmetics)! I honestly can't wait to get all the shades, highly recommended (one of my favorite lip products!!). The last one is the Sephora Cream lip stain in the color Pink Souffle. This is such a nice wearable pink. It's not too bright or dark, just the perfect shade in between! These are non drying, but yet very pigmented. I find if you don't eat or drink, these last up to 4 hours without touch up. They're also cheaper than most liquid lipsticks/stains, meaning it is worth giving a try! Sephora also expanded on the shade range this year! 

Next, I have my highlighters of the month. 




From left to right, I have the Makeup Forever Pro Sculpting Duo In the shade Golden (color 2). So this comes with a highlighter and a bronzer. Let me say, I don't like the bronzer that much, but I LOVE the highlighter! That's why I put it under my highlighters category. Like the highlighter is so pigmented and leaves that beautiful metallic gold sheen. It's also long wearing. It will leave you glowing! Such a beautiful highlighter and this product honestly is worth getting! The shade and finish is very similar to MAC's Whisper of Guilt and Estee Lauder's Heat Wave. So, if you've missed out on those, this is your chance to get a dupe! Luckily, Makeup Forever is keeping this as a permanent in their collection! The next, I have is the new Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Illuminating Powder Gelee. Again, this is a product that I have reviewed, so go check it out if you want a in depth review http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2015/03/estee-lauder-bronze-goddess.html . This infact looks like Estee Lauder's Heat Wave, but is completely different! This is very subtle unlike Heat Wave, but leaves a very nice natural glow! This is a light bronze rose gold highlight. It's pigmented and long wearing! I love both these highlighters. The Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess may seem way to subtle for some of you, but it's a perfect everyday highlight in my opinion! 

Now I just have a few random items.


The first is a Superfine Liner for Brows by Clinique. Let me say, this is an amazing cheaper alternative to the Anastasia Beverly Hill's Brow Wiz! It's pigmented and works just like the Brow Wiz! Once you apply it, it doesn't budge! Also, the fine point makes the application easier to shape your eyebrows the way you desire. The only downside is that Clinique does not have a wide range of shades (they only have 3), but it's worth going in store to check it out, because I find they have the basic shades! Also it's in a retractable pen, but once you twist it up, it won't twist back down, so be careful! The next item is the Koh Gen Do Natural Lightning Powder. I absolutely love this powder! The powder is super fine and it has a bit of shimmer (not too over powering). It's a perfect powder to set your foundation and even though it is super fine, it manages to cover pores, which I found incredible! Also, it's good for your undereyes! It will not leave that white cast when you use a camera with flash! I highly recommend both these products! 

Lastly, the products I have enjoyed are these 2 palettes.

The first is Tarte's Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette. This paletteis one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes! The eyeshadows are so pigmented and blend so easily! The colors are beautiful and there's a mix of cool/warm tones! They also don't feel chalky at all. Like, even the lighter colors show up on the skin exactly like in the palette (very true to color)! I highly recommend it!!! I use it basically every time I do my makeup! The next is the Nar's Narisissist Dual Intensity Eyeshadow palette. There is a lot of mixed reviews on this palette! I personally really like it! I 'm not a fan of all the colors in this palette, however there's a few that I absolutely love (example: Himalia)! When you swatch them, they appear pigmented, but on the eyes not as much. If you really want them to pop, I suggest using MAC fix plus or just dipping your brush in water! It will make all the difference in the world! They appear much more pigmented with a metallic finish and last for a very long time! All the colors have shimmer. Unlike the Tartelette, this is a palette you would not use on daily basis. I use it basically when I have events or parties. It is a expensive palette, but if you always wanted to try the Dual Intensity Eyeshadows, this palette is a great way! 



Now onto the products that I'm on the fence about. I enjoy these products, but I'm still debating if I really like them or not.


The first product on the left is the Too Faced Soul Mates Blushing Bronzer in Ross & Rachel. The reason I'm on the fence about it ,is because I don't find this a necessity and even though the packaging is ADORABLE, there for sure is a lot of products similar to this. The bronzer is warm and light, therefore cannot be used to contour with. It's also shimmery, but not too over powering. The other thing I didn't like is how tiny the blush is. My blush brushes are way too big to fit in that little space! I always pick up bronzer with the blush. Also, the blush is pretty sheer, so you really have to dip your brush in several times to get the pigmentation. It's a cute concept, but could have been better. The next item, is the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Coral Crush. I love the Sephora cream lip stains! I'm on the fence about it, because of the color. I'm comfortable wearing brights, neons, darks, blacks,... like you name it. I love a lip that pops out, but this neon coral color, makes me look like a clown. It's just too bright and too orange for my liking. I will try to mix shades to make it more wearable. The next item is the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Armageddon. I loved Lolita, but I don't know about this one. I love pinks! I wear like the brightest pinks out there or the most neon ones, however, this one was just weird on my lips. I put on a lip liner and the product just outlined my lips, meaning it basically showed how I had lip liner on. If I don't wear a lip liner, it bleeds. Also, as you can see in the picture, the packaging like smudged off onto my hands... Like it was really weird, I had black all over my hands! I have no problem with Lolita and maybe I just got a defect, but I'm not ready to give up on it. I would exchange it, but since the writing on the tube came off, I highly doubt Sephora will take it back.


Now sadly I had 2 disappointments of the month. I wish they worked out and I played with these so much, but they're just not for me.


The first product on the left is the Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer (I got the shade Medium). This was described as  "A moisturizing concealer that actually "bridges" fine lines and wrinkles, smoothing and minimizing them for an instantly firmer look". I don't agree with that statement. I have a really bad under eye situation, because my fine lines are very fine! No matter what concealer I use or the technique and tricks, it always falls into my fine lines! So, I had hope when I read the description about this, but this product actually creased on me faster than my other concealers. So I was disappointed, maybe it worked for others, but it was not for me. I find my Maybelline Fit Me concealer did a better job. The next disappointment was sadly the Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette ( I got Infinity). I love Hourglass products (one of my fav brands), but this was a really big miss in my opinion.The palette is gorgeous! Like such a beautiful combination of colors! When I swatched them in Sephora, they were so smooth and pigmented. When I applied them (omg), there was so much fallout. I can manage with fallout, but I also found the eyeshadows didn't blend well with each other. I also had to build the pigmentation on my eyes (which was weird, because the swatches were pigmented). When I dipped my brush into the palette, there was a mess, because it crumbles. The eyeshadows are so soft that they're really delicate, which makes it hard to work with them. I tried so hard to love this palette, but it is just not for me.

So that is basically it for my March 2015 haul! Remember, this is just my opinion on these products. I'm sure the ones I didn't like worked for you. I hope you guys found these mini reviews useful and let me know your thoughts! If you want me to do a in depth review on any of these, leave a comment down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment