April 29, 2015

April 2015 Haul (Makeup)

I honestly tried my best not to buy that much makeup in April, because I bought so much in March! But with the Sephora VIB Sale, I just couldn't help it, but I luckily didn't do as much damage as I thought I would do. Even just other makeup brands, they had specials going on, but I tried to tame myself! So here's my haul! I purchased from Sephora, Mac, Younique, The Bay, Walmart, Gerard Cosmetics and Makeup Geek. I'm really happy with my purchases this month! I have 2 orders that I've placed (Sephora and Morphe Brushes) that still haven't arrived, so I'll just include those in May's Haul. Anyways, here are some brief impressions on these new goodies! Leave a comment down below if you want me to do a in depth review on any of these products!

My April Haul


Before I start, I actually have one product that I didn't test out yet and it's the Burberry Spring/Summer 2015 Runway Palette. It's basically a Blush Highlighter and it's actually my first Burberry Beauty product, so I'm super excited! If you know me, then you know the main reason I got it is because of the packaging (makeup addict problems)! I couldn't resist, like it's so cute! I bought this online at The Bay website, it's pricey, but it feels so luxurious! I'll see what happens.

How beautiful is this Burberry Spring/Summer 2015 Runway Palette?


When I went to Walmart, I just bought 2 lip liners from Annabelle. I got the color Natural Rose (a pink rosey color) and Corail (coral/orange color). So as first impressions, I applied this before moisturizing my lips and it felt very dry! When I applied lip balm and then the lip liner, it felt normal. I would say it's actually similar to MAC's lip liners, but these are more drying (if you don't moisturize your lips)! I really like them and they were only $3.70CAD, so I will definitely be picking up more of these! The shade range is not as big as MAC's, but they have the basic colors!

Natural Rose & Corail


So speaking of lip liners, I actually got one from MAC and I only walked out with one product for once (yay!). I got the popular shade Soar (yes it's finally restocked!). Soar is just that mauve pink nude color that's been trending! I'm sure you guys have seen it everywhere! Not much to say about this product, because I absolutely love MAC lip liners and their shades are so beautiful! I'm happy that I finally got my hands on this one, it was worth the wait! This is a shade that will suit any skin color, so check this shade out if you're into the whole mauve pink nude lips!

The famous MAC Lip Liner in Soar

My next trip was at Younique (online). I don't think I've mentioned this on my blog yet, but I'm actually a Younique presenter! I'm sure you have heard of Younique, because of the famous 3D Fiber Mascara. If you're interested check out my Instagram for Younique which is @younique_by_divya . If you want to place a order, my website is www.youniqueproducts.com/divyapatel . They have some really nice products (no I'm not only saying this to sell) and they're all made out of natural ingredients! So, like I said take a peek at my Instagram to see which products I been enjoying from this brand! Anyways, they came out with these cream eyeshadows and the shades look absolutely gorgeous, so I bought one to test it out. I got the Splurge Cream Shadow in the colour Elegant. It's a beautiful shimmery beige color. These cream shadows are reallly shimmery, like really! It's definitely something I wouldn't use everyday, but for a party it's perfect! It's also super creamy and long wearing. So far so good! I will be getting the other shades for sure! I also bought the Cream Shadow Brush to go along with it and I really like it as well! The bristles are very soft and there was no shedding!

Younique Splurge Cream Shadow in Elegant and Brush


Next onto Gerard Cosmetics, I bought 5 lipsticks, because they were having a deal! I already own lipsticks from them and absolutely love them! I was excited to pick up their newer shades this year. I got the colors Fairy Godmother, Berry Smoothie, Rodeo Drive, Kimchi Doll and Grape Soda. So I won't go too much into these, because I will be doing a in depth review on these! But, let me say the formula is really nice and doesn't dry out your lips! I love all the shades I picked up, just Kimchi Doll washes me out a little (I'm medium skin tone), but I'm still playing with it. Follow them on Instagram to see what their deals are! Some of them are complete steals, like you won't regret purchasing from them!

Rodeo Drive, Fairy Godmother, Grape Soda, Berry Smoothie & Kimchi Doll

Next at Sephora, I only picked up 3 items for myself during the VIB Sale. I got the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner that I absolutely love! It really is long wearing and so creamy! I'm telling you worth every penny and they also come in several colors! I also finally got the Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette and let me say I'm OBSESSED! I can't believe I didn't buy this earlier! The powders are so smooth (like butter) and so pigmented! It's also long wearing and the shades in this palette are PERFECT! Like I been using my Anastasia contour palette this whole time, but sadly it's being replaced with this one! It's worth every penny guys! Next, I got the Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Palette. Again, the powders in this palette or so smooth and pigmented! They blend like a dream! The cool thing about this palette is that it's a eyeshadow palette, but the top 3 shades you can use to contour and highlight with! The contour is a bit light, but its really grey, so it's perfect for a natural contour! I find it a very handy palette! The eyeshadows seem more fall appropriate, but they're still gorgeous neutral colors! All the eyeshadows in this palette are matte!


Sephora VIB Sale purchases
Lastly, I purchased  from Makeup Geek! I bought the Duo Eyelash Adhesive. Lately, I been into false lashes and the glue I have is by Ardell and I'm not impressed. I heard really good thing about the Duo one, so I decided to purchase it. However, I didn't get the regular one, I got the Dark Tone one. So the glue is like a dark grey color. So far, I like it. I only used it twice so we'll see, however it's a lot better than the Ardell glue! Next, I finally purchased Makeup Geek eyeshadows and oh my god, why did it take me so long to purchase these?! They're amazing! I highly recommend these! They're so pigmented and come in so many colors/finishes! I'm honestly obsessed over these and they only cost $5.99USD! MAC pan eyeshadows are $10USD (Sorry they don't have the exact price in CAD for Makeup Geek products, so I'll just use USD as a price reference) and they're smaller than the Makeup Geek ones! Like the quality of the Makeup Geek ones are amazing and if you prime your eyes properly, they will last you for 8 hours and more! I won't go deep into these, because I'm planning on doing a review for these. I got the shades: Creme Brulee, Bling, Frappe, Beaches & Cream, Shimma Shimma and I got one Foiled eyeshadow in the shade Magic Act. I'm for sure creating a Makeup Geek eyeshadow palette. They also sell Z Palettes in different sizes and colors! I'm like super impressed and excited to be purchasing more from them!

Duo Eyelash Adhesive

Magic Act, Creme Brulee, Bling, Frappe, Beaches & Cream and Shimma Shimma





That's it for my haul. As I mentioned, I have 2 orders that still haven't arrived that I'm also excited for. If you guys want me to do a full review on any of these products, leave a comment down below!















No comments:

Post a Comment